The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Unbelievable. Now you think United have a monopoly on history. Well watch and weep (more) because we are creating history every year

Creating History alright, I reckon you'll have your own law journal by the time your owners are finished ????

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Creating History alright, I reckon you'll have your own law journal by the time your owners are finished ????

On a serious note Bob. There's quite a good article in the Manchester Evening News on this and the can of worms that could be opened for every club. Der Spiegel have only scratched the surface on the stolen/hacked documents they have.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ffp-investigations-inquiry-15974279

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aren't City in the top 5 in the world and top 2 in England for revenue? No need to worry about us, were doing great year on year.

For the first time ever our revenues topped £500m (£500.5m). £30m up on last season. Uniteds revenue this year was £590m up £8.8m on last year. Ten years ago our revenue was £82.3m. We are catching fast on revenue, been self sustaining for a couple of years now and the future looks bright.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

For the first time ever our revenues topped £500m (£500.5m). £30m up on last season. Uniteds revenue this year was £590m up £8.8m on last year. Ten years ago our revenue was £82.3m. We are catching fast on revenue, been self sustaining for a couple of years now and the future looks bright.

Padded revenues from sponsorship deals which stink. Seriously do yourselves a favour and keep financial discussions to a zero as it's plain as day what's been going on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Padded revenues from sponsorship deals which stink. Seriously do yourselves a favour and keep financial discussions to a zero as it's plain as day what's been going on.

Your not well up on the word "alleged" are you? And the allegations are from about 2014 not the present. You just like slinging mud around

28 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Good to have you back sir ????

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You're really  sounding more and more bitter the more we get to know the real Rick. 

I think from when I've started posting, you know I have a distaste, but not hate, for Manchester City. Hate is reserved for other clubs.

Looks like it isn't just me that has a problem with a club which appears to have done things the wrong way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Alleged and then there's be sensible.

Yes. Let's try to be sensible and await the outcome of the investigations. And then let's wait to see what else Der Spiegel come out with and what clubs they implicate. Cos if you think it's all over, I fear you will be wrong. 

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

History created on a weekly basis with you pal. I'm losing track with these avatars. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sound Rick. So what the hell is scholes upto? Embarrassing way to launch a managerial career that. Going gets tough and does 1. 

Scholesy isn't somebody to suffer idiots gladly, or people pushing him around. He's one of the only people to stand up successfully to Fergie. 

The owner there seemed like a right tool, so better he jumped ship now I reckon.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Yes. Let's try to be sensible and await the outcome of the investigations. And then let's wait to see what else Der Spiegel come out with and what clubs they implicate. Cos if you think it's all over, I fear you will be wrong. 

Ok so on one hand BJ can't face it and on the other he's warning us to face it. I think your getting your stories mixed up. Transfer bans for illegal payments to children etc is one thing but propping up a club with over inflated deals to ensure a club can work outside of their means is another. That is blatant conspiracy to cheat the game. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Scholesy isn't somebody to suffer idiots gladly, or people pushing him around. He's one of the only people to stand up successfully to Fergie. 

The owner there seemed like a right tool, so better he jumped ship now I reckon.

Fair enough will look at it from other angles but if the lad was so sharp as you say how come he got roped. This lad retired and got talked back I think too. Not looking to decisive this lad.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok so on one hand BJ can't face it and on the other he's warning us to face it. 

I think you may be having trouble reading what I wrote.

We are taking stick about information that was stolen/hacked and even maybe taken out of context but you guys are saying we are guilty before the investigations are concluded. All I am saying is beware, Der Spiegel aren't finished and your club could be next in the firing line. The haters will be out for you then, slinging mud before anything is proven

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think you may be having trouble reading what I wrote.

We are taking stick about information that was stolen/hacked and even maybe taken out of context but you guys are saying we are guilty before the investigations are concluded. All I am saying is beware, Der Spiegel aren't finished and your club could be next in the firing line. The haters will be out for you then, slinging mud before anything is proven

It's a lot of fannying about I know that much and to think it's for things like buying mahrez for 60m and selling Sancho for 8m. It's a funny old game!

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What leads you to believe that?

Apparently they have millions of documents and have only scratched the surface on what they have been releasing. Read that link what I posted earlier today and the can of worms that could be opened to hackers etc

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently they have millions of documents and have only scratched the surface on what they have been releasing. Read that link what I posted earlier today and the can of worms that could be opened to hackers etc

But why do you think that would be anything other than more dirt on Man City? 

42 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

History created on a weekly basis with you pal. I'm losing track with these avatars. 

Yep I'm a free spirit...

Unlike you, Rick/Rc...incredible how you managed posting simultaneously for so long...

Why someone would even go to those lengths is bizaaaaare 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yep I'm a free spirit...

Unlike you, Rick/Rc...incredible how you managed posting simultaneously for so long...

Why someone would even go to those lengths is bizaaaaare 

Bob I'm gonna wager you have had a couple and you've been watching the new homeland season. It's good stuff but I only have 1 profile mate and that's this 1. On the same note no Carmine or aconn for so long. Why you getting 5 on this anyway has Rick been away or something? 

So you fancy barca in the semi?

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But why do you think that would be anything other than more dirt on Man City? 

Are you being serious? Do you think they have only published allegations about City? Have you not been reading the dirt they have already been reporting? There are over 18million documents, with 60 journalists in 14 countries wading through the data. Paul Pogba and his tax avoidance through a shell company in Jersey. Ozil and the Spanish tax man. Ronaldo and raping Katherine Mayorga. Your very own Mourinho having to pay £1.9m to the Spanish tax man after doing a deal so he didn't have to go to jail. Liverpool for third party ownership of Lazar Markovic. The list is endless. Look up Football Leaks

5 hours ago, balo said:

Can we do the draw again :whistling:

Couldn't have been worse for us. Barca away in the 2nd leg. Mind you, we've had some crappy draws in the FA Cup and we're still in that.

City, jammy gits, get a bye into the semis.

City - Ajax/Juve in the semis.

United get Liverpool/Porto.

Guess we're going to have to win it the hard way. Nothing new there.

At least City vs United in Madrid is still on.

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Couldn't have been worse for us. Barca away in the 2nd leg. Mind you, we've had some crappy draws in the FA Cup and we're still in that.

City, jammy gits, get a bye into the semis.

I'd rather play barca than united in the semi.

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Hey he's  back! How was your holiday with Alfie and Carmine in that campervan?

Very proud of the way we've built ourselves up to the 2nd highest revenue club in England. And in the days of annual FFP revenues, aren't we being investigated for days of yore not now or recently.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's a lot of fannying about I know that much and to think it's for things like buying mahrez for 60m and selling Sancho for 8m. It's a funny old game!

Not sure how you manage to bring that in to your aguement about our revenue streams.

Back to your throw-as-much-at-the-wall-see-what-irritates-the-others posts again. No i don't share Rick's sentiments about your return.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hey he's  back! How was your holiday with Alfie and Carmine in that campervan?

Very proud of the way we've built ourselves up to the 2nd highest revenue club in England. And in the days of annual FFP revenues, aren't we being investigated for days of yore not now or recently.

Very proud? Ok yes if the revenue was kosher but there's big question marks over that so get a grip. I did say it was in the emptihads interest to cease discussing financials until the investigation is over so you should rethink who is actually stoking the fire on these discussions.

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yep I'm a free spirit...

= midlife crisis.

You wander around the house muttering to yourself. Listen to the same music you did in your adolescence. And when you can't take it anymore you change your avatar.