The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

51 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I did say it was in the emptihads interest to cease discussing financials until the investigation is over so you should rethink who is actually stoking the fire on these discussions.

Just so I'm straight on the rules of your game. It's ok for people to sling mud at City but we shouldn't respond? Bit like Mayweather having one hand behind his back. So I think I'll not be playing that particular game and reserve the right to respond to posts.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just so I'm straight on the rules of your game. It's ok for people to sling mud at City but we shouldn't respond? Bit like Mayweather having one hand behind his back. So I think I'll not be playing that particular game and reserve the right to respond to posts.

If the mud sticks it's not mud. You already scraped out if it with fines in 2014 so it's gonna really bite this time.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Very proud? Ok yes if the revenue was kosher but there's big question marks over that so get a grip. I did say it was in the emptihads interest to cease discussing financials until the investigation is over so you should rethink who is actually stoking the fire on these discussions.

2012-14 is under investigation I believe, but now or recently what's not kosher about our revenue? Ive not read anything indicating anything wrong, so tet's have some details from and not generalisations. Think you are confusing yourself with the earlier period under investigation.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

2012-14 is under investigation I believe, but now or recently what's not kosher about our revenue? Ive not read anything indicating anything wrong, so tet's have some details from and not generalisations. Think you are confusing yourself with the earlier period under investigation.

Do your research read the data. Your up the creek all the success is built on fiddling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

= midlife crisis.

You wander around the house muttering to yourself. Listen to the same music you did in your adolescence. And when you can't take it anymore you change your avatar. 

You seem to be an expert on the subject Rick, suffering early midlife crisis then?

Personally I like Bob constantly changing his avatar; some I know, some I don't, some I like, some I don't. What's coming next I wonder?

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If the mud sticks it's not mud. You already scraped out if it with fines in 2014 so it's gonna really bite this time.

Come on man. You know we got the majority of it back. This has been over loads of times. They changed the rules after introducing FFP of which we fell short but if we got back on track within the required timeframe, we got the money back.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

But the point is we have to wait to see how it pans out, but you and the others on here (champers, all the spurs crowd, etc) have us relegated to the northern premier league already. You would have loved to have been around during the witch trials, any relations in Pendle?

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Your up the creek all the success is built on fiddling. 

See. There you go again.

FFP is a crock anyway, just put in place to keep the smaller clubs small and the bigger clubs comfortably sat at the top table. Funny how nobody has commented on Ronaldo rape, Pogba tax dodging, Liverpool third party ownership etc.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Do your research read the data. Your up the creek all the success is built on fiddling. 

I or you could spend the next month or more doing research and wouldn't know if City are guilty or not guilty. Why? Because only City have the details being investigated and until the FFP investigators carryout their investigations and conclusions no one will know if we are guilty as charged.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:35 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Paul Scholes, Graduate of the Steve Coppell school of Management, has resigned from Oldham Athletic after just 31 days in charge. Pathetic!

Paul Scholes has loyalty DNA well entrenched in his being.He walked when promises of the future direction of the club were not fullfilled,not unsual from an overseas owner. He could have left United many times for more money.

Rather ironic you should call Scholes action "pathetic" when you are a self admitted Manchester United hater, always have been ,always will be.

I suggested a long time ago you should really get some counselling,hatred has no place in any sport.

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Paul Scholes has loyalty DNA well entrenched in his being.He walked when promises of the future direction of the club were not fullfilled,not unsual from an overseas owner. He could have left United many times for more money.

Rather ironic you should call Scholes action "pathetic" when you are a self admitted Manchester United hater, always have been ,always will be.

I suggested a long time ago you should really get some counselling,hatred has no place in any sport.

Yes I am a manu hater in the same way you lot are all man city haters. 

Loving the way all of you reds have circled the wagons on scholes. THIRTY-ONE days! He must have had an idea of what he was getting himself in to but rather than trying to work through the problem with he owner he just spat the dummy with his "i'm scholesy" attitude. Pathetic!

4 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

United will do well to beat Wolves .Cant remember a team coming up from the Championship that have been so impressive and not just their position on the table the way Nuno has them playing. Good test

Yes they are an excellent team and played us better than most this season. Hope they can add a bit more quality in the summer and they could be challenging you lot for the Europa position.

13 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Nah it is a joke you don't run your mouth for that long and then on your first foray do 1 after a month. Shocking. The guys making gifts look good and let's be clear. No one was interested in giggs as a manager and his only saving grace was his national team. Scholes and Neville and giggs have proven to be disasters at management. It is what it is. Gerrard and lampard on the other hand!

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

= midlife crisis.

You wander around the house muttering to yourself. Listen to the same music you did in your adolescence. And when you can't take it anymore you change your avatar. 

hahahaha. 

What music do you listen to Rick?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Better still move the whole thing to an appropriate thread. This is the Manchester United thread the last time I looked.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Better still move the whole thing to an appropriate thread. This is the Manchester United thread the last time I looked.

As well you know, the rules of staying totally on topic have never been strictly adhered to in the footy forum. One minute the thread can be about United and then in a linked response someone mentions another club and it goes off on a different direction. Bit like you just talking about an Oldham Manager in the United thread. Of course I can see the link of Scholes to United past but at what point do I say this is not United (or insert other club on different threads) related? The topics would be a nightmare to moderate due to the grey areas and end up being a bit clinical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Actually quite like the music I listened to in my adolescence, at the right moment ???? 

Hahaha I knew it ????

Well I do sometimes, but it's good to keep moving forward. Fortunately I have hip young cousins that keep me informed.

Listening Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3 right now ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Hahaha I knew it ????

Well I do sometimes, but it's good to keep moving forward. Fortunately I have hip young cousins that keep me informed.

Listening Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3 right now ????

Yh nice1 for that felt 25 again for 3 minutes. Decent video too. Keep posting that hip shit Bob well behind on that stuff.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Still listening to take that then rick

I've got you down as a Boyzone man. 

Luckily I reaped the benefits of having a brother nearly 10 years older, so was listening to quality material. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 3:57 PM, RickG16 said:

...Your owners have breathed life into a club that wasn't anything. But you can't buy a history....

Rick brought up that City have no history and now everybody's  favourite R2D2 has picked that ball and is running with it.

City have not been as successful as ManU, but to say City have no history shows ignorance of the facts. I've already mentioned the first point below before, but here's a few more from our 'history':

1. Manchester City FC (1894), 8 years older than manchester united fc (1902). 

2. City were the first Manchester club to win a major trophy, lifting the FA Cup in 1904. 

3. City, NOT ManU, hold the record for highest attendance at club home ground with 84,569 at Maine Road (for an FA Cup tie with Stoke City on 3 March 1934)...we have no fans, oh yeah!

4. City were arguably the more successful of City and ManU up until World War Two, and the crowds reflect it, with City having a higher attendance in 31 of the seasons from 1900 to 1939. 

READ THAT AGAIN...CITY USED TO BE THE BIGGEST CLUB. 

That means there are still plenty of people around (including my folks) who can remember City as the top club in Manchester. 

But no doubt you guys will ignore the facts as usual and peddle your ignorant myths that City have no history, the Etihad is always empty and all City fans are from Stockport, etc. 

Oh and the Manchester and Liverpool rivalry does not originate with Fergie but originates 200 years ago with the Manchester Ship Canal - the point is, IT'S NOT YOURS!

????

Edited by Bredbury Blue

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Luckily I reaped the benefits of having a brother nearly 10 years older, so was listening to quality material. 

I do catch myself singing sometimes when on my bike. Return of the Mac is a good tune to cruise along to.

Edited by Rc2702
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Suppose you weren't into Joy Division, Simple Minds, The Cure, Bauhaus, Stranglers, The Banshees etc, etc

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rick brought up that City have no history and now everybody's  favourite R2D2 has picked that ball and is running with it.

City have not been as successful as ManU, but to say City have no history shows ignorance of the facts. I've already mentioned the first point below before, but here's a few more from our 'history':

1. Manchester City FC (1894), 8 years older than manchester united fc (1902). 

2. City were the first Manchester club to win a major trophy, lifting the FA Cup in 1904. 

3. City, NOT ManU, hold the record for highest attendance at club home ground with 84,569 at Maine Road (for an FA Cup tie with Stoke City on 3 March 1934)...we have no fans, oh yeah!

4. City were arguably the more successful of City and ManU up until World War Two, and the crowds reflect it, with City having a higher attendance in 31 of the seasons from 1900 to 1939. 

READ THAT AGAIN...CITY USED TO BE THE BIGGEST CLUB. 

That means there are still plenty of people around (including my folks) who can remember City as the top club in Manchester. 

But no doubt you guys will ignore the facts as usual and peddle your ignorant myths that City have no history, the Etihad is always empty and all City fans are from Stockport, etc. 

Oh and the Manchester and Liverpool rivalry does not originate with Fergie but originates 200 years ago with the Manchester Ship Canal - the point is, IT'S NOT YOURS!

????

Yh when you put it like that course everyone has history but the kind of history I'm talking about is the history that builds the belief system in clubs and fans and you just cannot buy that.  Only a handful of clubs have it in England and city ain't one of them. Let's be clear. City NEED to win the CL this year make no mistake but you just don't yearn for it I don't see the passion where the CL is concerned and I detect the belief system of actually lifting that trophy is lacking. 

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh when you put it like that course everyone has history but the kind of history I'm talking about is the history that builds the belief system in clubs and fans and you just cannot buy that.  Only a handful of clubs have it in England and city ain't one of them. Let's be clear. City NEED to win the CL this year make no mistake but you just don't yearn for it I don't see the passion where the CL is concerned and I detect the belief system of actually lifting that trophy is lacking. 

Firstly you need to be clearer with your posts;  if you say history people will understand you mean history. I'll give you a B+ for effort but must try harder in class.

Secondly if we didn't have it, we do now, so up yours.????

Keep on picking up Premiers over CLs I'll be a very happy man.