The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Suppose you weren't into Joy Division, Simple Minds, The Cure, Bauhaus, Stranglers, The Banshees etc, etc

Maybe a bit of The Cure... Discovered JD at a later date. The stuff I got passed down to me at an early age was Stone Roses, Charlatans and basically the good Manchester indie before Britpop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Maybe a bit of The Cure... Discovered JD at a later date. The stuff I got passed down to me at an early age was Stone Roses, Charlatans and basically the good Manchester indie before Britpop. 

What no motown, stax, northern soul...where's  me talc?

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Firstly you need to be clearer with your posts;  if you say history people will understand you mean history. I'll give you a B+ for effort but must try harder in class.

Secondly if we didn't have it, we do now, so up yours.????

Keep on picking up Premiers over CLs I'll be a very happy man. 

Firstly you need to stop with giving grades out as it is clear you were a dunce in your class. Made more gaffes than the queens husband and you still need your mrs to find the footy on the TV after 15 years. Most know what "history" of a club means. We're talking glory not riches so if you class the last 10 years as glory then its only as a result of the riches and it's the reason no one will ever be jealous of city. It's a plastic trophy cabinet.

Most choose David over Goliath. Not city fans.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well there's certainly been no glory for your lot in the last 10 years so I can see why you want to go back further than that

If we had your clubs lack of ethics and a money bags state backing them I doubt that would be the case but if you offered me nearly men or cheating and winning men I know what I choose every time. It's a plastic cabinet lad it makes united look respectable and that's not easy to say as a LFC fan. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Let's be clear. City NEED to win the CL this year make no mistake

What you talking about. Do we eck NEED to win it. We are the relative new boys to the comp and so improvement is enough. Be lovely to win it but we don't NEED to. Shouldn't the teams with all that history you keep on harping on about be the ones who NEED to win it?

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What you talking about. Do we eck NEED to win it. We are the relative new boys to the comp and so improvement is enough. Be lovely to win it but we don't NEED to. Shouldn't the teams with all that history you keep on harping on about be the ones who NEED to win it?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. City fans are displaying the same type of mentality as spurs and the only difference is the cheque book. As an elite team the answer is and always is. Yes. Need to win it. That's the difference right there lad. Your like an orphan with a benefactor and your just pleased to be part of the pack. It's that lack of ambition that might turn your sheikhs head. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^City do not need to win the CL this year no more than any other club. Be good to win it but no disaster if we don't - we will keep progressing upwards as we have done since 2008 as a club.

Ere I think you will find winning the CL is regarded as progress. Not winning it is a sign of a lack of progress. In your case getting to a semi may be deemed progress.

This is worse than Mourinho. There's still time to pull Solskjaer. It's one thing having Fergies ear for a plan but he (ogs) ain't got a hairdryer to jumpstart them when the plan is not working. Wolves bossing your team. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

This is worse than Mourinho. There's still time to pull Solskjaer. It's one thing having Fergies ear for a plan but he (ogs) ain't got a hairdryer to jumpstart them when the plan is not working. Wolves bossing your team. 

Too many rushed back to soon and it showed was was very lethargic and a lot of tired legs, Well done Wolves they played well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nev said:

Too many rushed back to soon and it showed was was very lethargic and a lot of tired legs, Well done Wolves they played well.

6 days. Seems weak that Nev. Man for man they could actually be a better team overall and not just on the day.

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yes they were fit, but not match fit. 

Nah wolves matched you early on in the season when they drew and as time has progressed they are just a better team. A few players at wolves could get into most of the top teams. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah wolves matched you early on in the season when they drew and as time has progressed they are just a better team. A few players at wolves could get into most of the top teams. 

Wolves are a great side, and if you offered me Jimenez for Lukaku right now I'd be tempted. But we put out close to what I think is our best side, and if all match fit should be dealing with them. 

One missing player who doesn't get much love from some united fans, let alone anyone else, is Ashley Young. You just can't put a price on the leadership and fight he brings to the table. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Wolves are a great side, and if you offered me Jimenez for Lukaku right now I'd be tempted. But we put out close to what I think is our best side, and if all match fit should be dealing with them. 

One missing player who doesn't get much love from some united fans, let alone anyone else, is Ashley Young. You just can't put a price on the leadership and fight he brings to the table. 

Maybe not just the team though. The man management. Dust has settled recently and the zip has gone for the most part. Great result in Paris but that aside it's looking a bit hazardous and OGS just does not look like a man who can get the troops fired up but if he can rouse them for the derby next month and get a result he's a top man in my book.

10 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe not just the team though. The man management. Dust has settled recently and the zip has gone for the most part. Great result in Paris but that aside it's looking a bit hazardous and OGS just does not look like a man who can get the troops fired up but if he can rouse them for the derby next month and get a result he's a top man in my book.

Let's see... I feel pretty sure him or Mike Phelan gave them an almighty kick up the arse. We've been on fire for pretty much 3 months so were always going to hit a bump in the road. 

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Nev hit the nail on the head with his explanation. I think we rushed too many players back too soon. 

And it now seems Martial has a knee injury and could be out for sometime, was the injury caused by coming back to soon who knows.

5 hours ago, nev said:

Love this, it's a time frame of money spent in football since 1992, watch Chelsea come from nowhere and then City Later on powers to the top.

It proves the exact point I've been trying to make nev. United hardly dropped off that top 10 in all those years. Therefore, you had been spending big money on players for about 18 years before City entered into it (even taking into account your class of 92). You already had a good foundation that all you needed to do was add a player here and there and yet you still finish 3rd on the list. We had to almost start from scratch when obviously top players are about 10 times more expensive than they were in 1992.