The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Not true. I just refused to lay the blame of everything at the feet of Mourinho. 

I would have given him more time, but if it was only going in one direction then I respect the decision of the directors inc. Sir Alex and Sir Bobby. Let's start a new chapter.

One of the reasons I am relieved is because I won't have to listen to anti Mourinho rants from the likes of you anymore. So whenever you are ready... you can begin the character assassination of Ole. Good luck! 

You're funny!!

Assassination?  Don't be a drama Queen.  I say it as i see it.  Its just that you behave like a child when you read something you don't like.  Anything you don't like or agree with a "rant" or an "assassination"  Go figure, Ricky.....

Anyways, "Ole" was yet another not very smart move imho.  They could have picked another more experienced stand in with the same intricate knowledge of the club.  Not a clever move from what is seeming an ever more incompetent board.

Edited by carmine

14 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'd be quite surprised if you bought a player of note in January. It's the worst time to get any deals as everyone is over inflated and you owner don't like to pay inflated prices but we'll see.

The word is that Barios is done but part of the deal was that he stayed to play in the Cpoa Libertadores final.  True, who knows, but i think we have to do something. Grealish?

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Viera and Keane as joint managers... if that was a serious suggestion you have even less of a clue than I thought you did.

I don't feel you've earned to right to call anyone clueless on the basis that you were constantly trying to tell us Mourinho was doing fine and throwing your toys out of the pram when everyone told you different.

However, the idea of a Keane/Viera joint management team is clueless.

But then again, the appointment of the baby faced assassin suggests Woodward and the board are still game for a laugh.  They can't even appoint an obvious interim!!????

I'm starting to think Pochettino won't want to work under such a clown.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Perhaps you can tell that to your mate BB because thats what we've been telling him for a while but he's never understood ????

"Moneys not that important, get over it"????

People should have to pay and subscribe to be able to read the likes.  The forums very own Karl Pilkington.

18 hours ago, champers said:

Two things:

1. If he has already turned down the Real Madrid job (I don't know if he has even been offered it) why would he accept an offer from United?

2. If both Real Madrid and United are going to offer him a job, who would he pick?

Don't know if he had been offered a job at RM but if both were to go after Poch, I'd say, taking into account the language, food, beautiful location, weather etc...…………………...he'd plump for Manchester ????

• Haha 2

Actually found my way back on the United forum, My mate Rus won't be happy his thread has gone, But we are all happy Mourinio has, I liked the guy but it was plain to see some players had stopped playing for him, I mentioned this last month and sure enough same as at Chelsea he has been forced out by the players.

The players who did this need to be Disclosed and sold bad eggs the lot of them.

A special mention of Pogba he is a prick and needs shipping out asap.

And Ole interim manager a bold move by the club but one I am very happy with, hope he gets all the backing he needs and gets us back on track.

• Like 1

Actually found my way back on the United forum, My mate Rus won't be happy his thread has gone, But we are all happy Mourinio has, I liked the guy but it was plain to see some players had stopped playing for him, I mentioned this last month and sure enough same as at Chelsea he has been forced out by the players.

The players who did this need to be Disclosed and sold bad eggs the lot of them.

A special mention of Pogba he is a prick and needs shipping out asap.

And Ole interim manager a bold move by the club but one I am very happy with, hope he gets all the backing he needs and gets us back on track.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't know if he had been offered a job at RM but if both were to go after Poch, I'd say, taking into account the language, food, beautiful location, weather etc...…………………...he'd plump for Manchester ????

You can't be serious Mr Bo, put it this way, why would he leave the best team in London for the second best team in Manchester?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, carmine said:

They could have picked another more experienced stand in with the same intricate knowledge of the club.  Not a clever move from what is seeming an ever more incompetent board.

I'll humour you... who do you suggest? 

I have great respect for my fellow countryman Solskjaer , what he did as a player.  But his tactical skills as a manager was horrible  at Cardiff and also Molde , even if he won a title with them .  

Maybe Solskjaer and Phelan as a team can make it work, but they should be more worried about the defense than scoring goals.  Cardiff will probably be an easy match,, but they will struggle against better teams. 

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I'll humour you... who do you suggest? 

We'll frankly based on your understanding of the club you support, your understanding of tactics, your defense of Mourinho, i'd give you the job, and i hope the idea humors you as much as it does me.

And if not your good self, why not Steve Bruce, after all he's only recently been coaching in the Championship and based on Ole's efforts at Cardiff........

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

We'll frankly based on your understanding of the club you support, your understanding of tactics, your defense of Mourinho, i'd give you the job, and i hope the idea humors you as much as it does me.

And if not your good self, why not Steve Bruce, after all he's only recently been coaching in the Championship and based on Ole's efforts at Cardiff........

Steve Bruce ???? Sacked by a Championship club and had cabbage thrown at him.. and appointed manager of Man United less than 3 months later.

Well, I gave you a chance to be taken seriously, and you've blown it.

23 hours ago, sotsira said:

You can't be serious Mr Bo, put it this way, why would he leave the best team in London for the second best team in Manchester?

Someone who knows that all the best teams are in Manchester?

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Someone who knows that all the best teams are in Manchester?

Can't argue with that look at United and City's combined titles, You would think London with the amount of teams in the premier League over the years would have amassed more if not for sir Alex.

Less said about Merseyside the better.

6 minutes ago, nev said:

How refreshing Ole's interview was talking about out great the club is and not about himself like a certain departed one.

Yes a positive speech , but it means nothing if he can't get the players to perform at their highest level . 

13 minutes ago, nev said:

How refreshing Ole's interview was talking about out great the club is and not about himself like a certain departed one.

Yup, I think that's part of the reason he's been brought in. Lives and breathes the club. Also liked the way he was talking about not concentrating too much on the opposition and concentrating on what we can do. 

TBH though.... I think people misunderstand why Jose was the way he was. He sets such high standards for himself, that when he isn't doing well (even when we were 2nd or 3rd), he felt the need to justify himself as a manager and why he has achieved what he has. Possibly a little insecure, but not egotistical I don't think............ anyway. Water under the bridge.

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Steve Bruce ???? Sacked by a Championship club and had cabbage thrown at him.. and appointed manager of Man United less than 3 months later.

Well, I gave you a chance to be taken seriously, and you've blown it.

Oh dear, caretaker, mate, a caretaker!!!  Do i really have to break this down like i'm explaining to a five year old?

Don't distort what i've said in order to make yourself sound clever.  My "opinion" is that he has far more experience.  Do i actually care? Not even a little.  I'd thought i'd add my opinion as it seems i appear to know more about what goes on at United than you do!!

The entire football world would know he would be "caretaking for a few months whilst you try and poach our manager........you can be hard work sometimes!!

Edited by carmine

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

cant see this apt  in anyway positive, bad choise imo, but hey hapi to be wrong, would be nice to watch any team approaching the entertainment that utd have 'traditionally' brought.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong about the appointment and in fairness if i were a United fan i'd just be relieved the Mourinho debacle is over.  The only ones that should be disappointed by his departure are the owners of the Lowry.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Don't distort what i've said in order to make yourself sound clever.  My "opinion" is that he has far more experience.  

Experience at what? OGS has far more experience at the club, and understands how it works in modern times. Bruce left United in 1996 and never came back. OGS joined in 1996, stayed until 2008, then came back for 3 years as a coach.

Steve Bruce is essentially a journeyman Championship manager. He isn't capable of breathing life into anything. I get tired just looking at Steve Bruce's face.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Experience at what? OGS has far more experience at the club, and understands how it works in modern times. Bruce left United in 1996 and never came back. OGS joined in 1996, stayed until 2008, then came back for 3 years as a coach.

Steve Bruce is essentially a journeyman Championship manager. He isn't capable of breathing life into anything. I get tired just looking at Steve Bruce's face.

Bruce is off to Sheffield Wednesdsy.

Don't have a problem with Ole's appointment and significantly the very underrated Mike Phelan by his side. Phelan was a calming influence even in SAF's tenure. SAF wouldn't have kept him on if he wasn't valuable to the cause. Let things take their course.

• Like 1