The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, smedly said:

another tough game - nothing is a given 

A draw would be a good result

See how many they rest, and you'd expect their minds to be on the biggest game of many a season for them this weekend. 

I'd back to them to get something from the match if they weren't in the FA Cup semi.

Really good side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Luckily for United, Wolves have an FA Cup semi on the weekend. 

I'd be more worried about us fielding a weakened team against City. There has been a call for it.

Personally I don't think we should. Apart from needing the three points, it would compromise our integrity as a club. Something which you can't put a price on these days. 

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'd be more worried about us fielding a weakened team against City. There has been a call for it.

Personally I don't think we should. Apart from needing the three points, it would compromise our integrity as a club. Something which you can't put a price on these days. 

Yeah like you can throw away points in your race for 4th. 

It would be the most pathetic "call" in football if that was the case. Still at least you'll have an excuse if/when they twa-t you. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Dalot,Lukaku ,Mc Tominay I think will start. Herrara is rumoured to be leaving for PSG on a free and after his display last weekend could well believe that,certainly didnt look like player seeking an extension.

I see what you are saying, but I'm not so sure. I think this is a time to stick with Matic-Herrera-Pogba in midfield now they should have match fitness.

And I am really doubtful the Herrara rumours are true. 1) because of the sources I've seen the story from, 2) because I have him down as one of the most committed United players, and 3) for maybe the first time in his United career, he is holding down a first team place, so why go now? Could be a ploy from his agent to get a better contract.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if McTominay started though. He looks like a force to be reckoned with this season. 

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Expect OGS to inject some pace and energy in tonights game v Wolves after last weekends insipid dispay.

Dalot,Lukaku ,Mc Tominay I think will start. Herrara is rumoured to be leaving for PSG on a free and after his display last weekend could well believe that,certainly didnt look like player seeking an extension.

Gettting so tight at the top it may well come down in the end to goal difference and United not well placed in that regard

Statman Dave agrees with you though Sparkles!.....

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Where's Chippie Buttocks ? That was the fastest disappearing act ever.????

Yeah he's stopped posting. But at least his posts were worth reading occasionally. I don't think you've ever made a meaningful contribution. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah he's stopped posting. But at least his posts were worth reading occasionally. I don't think you've ever made a meaningful contribution. 

Neither did several of your players today.

its smoking time for Ole. :clap2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

You can't have it both ways. We all agree Wolves are a very good side, so losing 2-1 with 10 men isn't that shameful.

Personally I don't know what Martial did wrong to drop to the bench. Hopefully it was a fitness thing and he will come back in for Lukaku next match.

Onwards and upwards! 

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've got that Ricky lad on ignore. I don't think I've ever seen a poster who is wrong about nearly every subject he attempts to tackle. That's a real talent.:clap2:

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I've got that Ricky lad on ignore. I don't think I've ever seen a poster who is wrong about nearly every subject he attempts to tackle. That's a real talent.:clap2:

What's the point in you? I can't remember you ever saying anything particularly interesting, funny or insightful. 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You can't have it both ways. We all agree Wolves are a very good side, so losing 2-1 with 10 men isn't that shameful.

Personally I don't know what Martial did wrong to drop to the bench. Hopefully it was a fitness thing and he will come back in for Lukaku next match.

Onwards and upwards! 

Onwards I'll agree with. :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What's the point in you? I can't remember you ever saying anything particularly interesting, funny or insightful. 

thought lukaku looked sharp, i know he missed a few   , but even so worth his start IMO.  and wolves are borderline top 6 team  ie bloody good. looks like  the end of the seasons gonna have loads more twists and turns,,

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

People in glass houses...........

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

thought lukaku looked sharp, i know he missed a few   , but even so worth his start IMO.  and wolves are borderline top 6 team  ie bloody good. looks like  the end of the seasons gonna have loads more twists and turns,,

How can they be borderline top six when they are 13 points adrift having played one game more than Chelsea?

They are simply the best of they rest with a huge gulf between the top six.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

How can they be borderline top six when they are 13 points adrift having played one game more than Chelsea?

They are simply the best of they rest with a huge gulf between the top six.

your right the standard the top six gain through regular european football puts them, almost, in a league apart,  but this wolves team may have taken a while to adapt to the prem hence the 13 points gap   but in all the teams that ive seen that  have tried to encroach that 'bastion' this team imo HAS the tools to step up..they can press, defend effectively  4 me thyre the best zonal team ive seen in the prem. quick and effective on the break   all in all  imo not far short AND they have the finances to bac it up   dont just look at the table  u did and quoted that when i said murry left utd  in a stronger postion than when  he took over  and look at how that panned out !!. watch wolves  play  they really can match and better most . look at their squad they are well covered  imo nunez is an excellent tactician and seems to have  a v  good eye for a player.    They play REALLY effective v VERY  well orgonised  relatively attractive football that isnt far short of top six. But hey .. u know me always wrong ..????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

your right the standard the top six gain through regular european football puts them, almost, in a league apart,  but this wolves team may have taken a while to adapt to the prem hence the 13 points gap   but in all the teams that ive seen that  have tried to encroach that 'bastion' this team imo HAS the tools to step up..they can press, defend effectively  4 me thyre the best zonal team ive seen in the prem. quick and effective on the break   all in all  imo not far short AND they have the finances to bac it up   dont just look at the table  u did and quoted that when i said murry left utd  in a stronger postion than when  he took over  and look at how that panned out !!. watch wolves  play  they really can match and better most . look at their squad they are well covered  imo nunez is an excellent tactician and seems to have  a v  good eye for a player.    They play REALLY effective v VERY  well orgonised  relatively attractive football that isnt far short of top six. But hey .. u know me always wrong ..????

I think Wolves have done what many of us believed at the start of the season, in they have proven they can and will cope very well in the EPL although they might struggle to hold onto their manager this summer.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

I think Wolves have done what many of us believed at the start of the season, in they have proven they can and will cope very well in the EPL although they might struggle to hold onto their manager this summer.

Maybe.. but the chinese money behind them atm seems willing and very able  to push them on 

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

If its huge why can't the top six beat us ? You're talking nonsense. 

Wolves v Man Utd P3 W2 D1 L0 - yeah that looks huge !

Take a look at the points gap. It might well be 16 points if Chelsea win their game in hand.  That ain't nonsense, its FACT. You're opinion however is the nonsense part, flawed by "FACT"

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

If its huge why can't the top six beat us ? You're talking nonsense. 

Wolves v Man Utd P3 W2 D1 L0 - yeah that looks huge !

Bit like the gap between you lot and the top six then!!!????

I'll tell you what, just to help with you're insecurities we'll all pretend there's just a 3 point gap and you really are borderline top six.....feel better now????

Edited by carmine

Just now, Benroon said:

Ok dodge the question no problem

P3 W2 D1 L0 - not going away is it - how many more chances would you like to beat us ?

oh sorry and dumped Liverpool and manure out of the cup - yep that gap is just getting bigger

Clown

I'm just quoting the "FACTS"  Theres a huge gap. Stop being so silly coming on here and suggesting otherwise.  Theres only one of us being a clown talking nonsense and since i'm merely quoting facts it isn't me. Still, a situation seems to be approaching whereby you will get increasingly unpleasant and i'll be banned yet again so lets agree to disagree. Goodbye.

16 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't need to get unpleasant - last night we beat a supposedly top 6 club (yet again) - I'm fine.

My favourite quote when we were purchased by Fosun was "makes the Glaziers look like Big Issue sellers" - that top 6 you're looking at now won't be the top 6 next year for sure!

Man Utd stopped being a club to be feared years ago! 

I'm afraid it will be the big six next season, although i wish this were not the case.

22 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't need to get unpleasant - last night we beat a supposedly top 6 club (yet again) - I'm fine.

My favourite quote when we were purchased by Fosun was "makes the Glaziers look like Big Issue sellers" - that top 6 you're looking at now won't be the top 6 next year for sure!

We'd LOVE you to break into the top six mate....not all posting here are Utd fans ya know! 

29 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Good to have a Wolves input.... but mate, have you considered the fact that in 7th, with no chance of making the top six, you had absolutely nothing to lose last night. Unlike us, for whom every point is precious. You could have played a 2-2-6 formation last night if you wanted.

These things matter at the business end of the season. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Good to have a Wolves input.... but mate, have you considered the fact that in 7th, with no chance of making the top six, you had absolutely nothing to lose last night. Unlike us, for whom every point is precious. You could have played a 2-2-6 formation last night if you wanted.

These things matter at the business end of the season. 

You are literally in the same spot and points difference from the top of the table as you were when Jose got sacked. Wolves have a massive game on the weekend, you should have beat them. 

Reckon Spurs and Arse are having those 3 and 4th spots at this rate.

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You are literally in the same spot and points difference from the top of the table

Means nothing. We are now right in the mix for the top 4, whereas under Jose we were over 10 points away. 

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You are literally in the same spot and points difference from the top of the table as you were when Jose got sacked. Wolves have a massive game on the weekend, you should have beat them. 

Reckon Spurs and Arse are having those 3 and 4th spots at this rate.

I haven't double checked this but if Arsenal or Chelsea were to win the Europa its going to be a case of top 3!!!