The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

American Football is a sell out in the UK and more games are set to be played here each year with Tottenham the only ground properly set up for it with a retractable pitch.

In ground revenue plus a cut of the huge US TV money is up for grabs and we're going to be lapping it up.

Happy days!

Wow.. So you have a couple of non football dates booked... Well done!

We've been doing the super league for years, other footy grounds have music gigs and boxing. It ain't anything new. You can keep your helmets and shoulder pads ???? 

30 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Wow.. So you have a couple of non football dates booked... Well done!

We've been doing the super league for years, other footy grounds have music gigs and boxing. It ain't anything new. You can keep your helmets and shoulder pads ???? 

American Football is much bigger in terms of TV money....but you are right....our retractable pitch will mean we want the stadium busy as many nights of the year as we can manage to earn revenue to pay for it!

Not the thrashing people was predicting, Mctominney was brilliant give him a. Pay rise and the captain's arm band he should start every game from now on.

Fred and Dalot Smalling decent, Rashford should just try and get the basics right before trying to be like Ronaldo, Lukaku offered nothing up front but to be fair he did not get the service or balls in that he thrives on, Young is finished his crossing was bang average.

We are as still in with a chance over there but it is a big ask.

6 hours ago, nev said:

Not the thrashing people was predicting, Mctominney was brilliant give him a. Pay rise and the captain's arm band he should start every game from now on.

Fred and Dalot Smalling decent, Rashford should just try and get the basics right before trying to be like Ronaldo, Lukaku offered nothing up front but to be fair he did not get the service or balls in that he thrives on, Young is finished his crossing was bang average.

We are as still in with a chance over there but it is a big ask.

That side under Mourinho would have fallen apart nev.

The problem you have is in spite of the money spent your players haven't enough quality to score and win against Barcelona.....you have to hope they have a bad day...a really bad day at the Nou Camp.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH Bob I didn't think United played that bad and it was definitely not one of Barcas best perfomances

All positive news for us then ???? I am counting my chickens, they hatched. 

Not one shot on target at home is quite shocking actually, Barcelona were not that good over 90 minutes. And that hopeless header should have been on target , not sure what went wrong there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH Bob I didn't think United played that bad and it was definitely not one of Barcas best perfomances

Fair assessment mate, We played ok after the goal and with a bit of luck and more composure we could have snatched a goal or two, As you said Barca did not perform too.

Be interesting over there how Ole sets out as we have a weak squad with a few average player's.

Young was shocking I don't like bagging our own players but he was he should be nowhere near the squad never mind captain.

27 minutes ago, nev said:

Fair assessment mate, We played ok after the goal and with a bit of luck and more composure we could have snatched a goal or two, As you said Barca did not perform too.

Be interesting over there how Ole sets out as we have a weak squad with a few average player's.

Young was shocking I don't like bagging our own players but he was he should be nowhere near the squad never mind captain.

Maybe we can do a trade with Delph; you can have both Young and Delph ????

On 4/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Bob, absurd is it - see stats below

Go find me somewhere that shows Liverpool's  average attendance higher than City's then.

Screenshot_2019-04-06-15-07-23.png

Bob, oh great counter of empty seats, have a read of this article posted TODAY.

Top 50 average football attendances in the world in the last five years...

2. Manchester United – Average attendance between 2013-2018 = 75,218

7. Arsenal – Average attendance between 2013-2018 = 59,793

12. Manchester City – Average attendance between 2013-2018 = 50,864

13. Newcastle United – Average attendance between 2013-2018 = 50,721

21. Liverpool – Average attendance between 2013-2018 = 47,861

45. Everton – Average attendance between 2013-2018 = 38,451

(Lower attendances on Merseyside (86k) to Mancunia (125k) - not so keen on footie eh ????)

You want to get a bigger stadium mate for all the gazillion fans of yours queuing for tickets if we're to take your comments at face value.

https://talksport.com/football/525568/top-50-average-football-attendances-in-the-world-in-the-last-five-years-including-manchester-united-barcelona-and-borussia-dortmund/

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

If McTominay was playing instead of Pogba, you would have legitimately won that match. 

I hope you don't sell Pogba in the summer. 

He was being rested mate.. And you can't knock Pog for putting those 2 pens away 

What kind of a brainless half time team talk was that? We came out playing one touch and high press, like we were 1-0 down not up. You can still push for the second while keeping the ball... I love Ole but the smile is wearing a bit thin. We need brains.

Hope I'm proved wrong by a PSG style masterclass away at Barca!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He was being rested mate.. And you can't knock Pog for putting those 2 pens away 

Seriously, that kid is a proper midfield footballer, it's what your team needs. I'm not knocking Pogba for scoring penalties, he is full of shit otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Seriously, that kid is a proper midfield footballer, it's what your team needs. I'm not knocking Pogba for scoring penalties, he is full of shit otherwise. 

I agree on McTom but not on Pog. Remember he was playing in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 today, so had a lot of defensive responsibilities, and actually won the ball back several times. They can both play together. As they might against Barca.

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Glad you recognize that about Mctominney he's a cracking young player with his head on his shoulders.

About the game we was gash, we have so many to offload at the end of the season.

• Like 1

We were lucky to get away with a win in my opinion,

Lukaku just isn't doing it for me and Lingard is in a slump. Rojo needs ditching and sadly Mata has seen better days.

Navigating the rest of the season will be extremely difficult starting with a huge mountain to climb on Tuesday, Can we win it? Of course we can, but it will take passion, commitment, teamwork and a dash of luck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Hoylake said:

We were lucky to get away with a win in my opinion,

Lukaku just isn't doing it for me and Lingard is in a slump. Rojo needs ditching and sadly Mata has seen better days.

Navigating the rest of the season will be extremely difficult starting with a huge mountain to climb on Tuesday, Can we win it? Of course we can, but it will take passion, commitment, teamwork and a dash of luck.

200m budget and Solskjaer the manager. Utd are doomed. Solskjaer is upto his neck in it, he's no top 6 manager in the 2nd division let alone!

There is no single player makes a team, either in midfield defence or forward, it takes a coherent combination in all three areas that can play together like 3 mini teams that feed eachother  - Manu is disjointed - there is no synergy, that is were the manger skill comes into play, he either creates that synergy or brings players in that already have it

currently they are not even close - when you see a quality team like Barca - they are an attacking team that have their playbook fine tuned - they fall apart when you take it to them - it interrupts their playbook and they don't know how to deal with it - weakness in Manu is they have no coherent attack but manage to squeeze the odd goal in by sheer individual determination or again through individual skill force a penalty here and there 

They are nowhere close to being a complete fine tuned team like LIV or MANC and IMO with the current players never will be - so some hard choices need to be made through the summer  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

There is no single player makes a team, either in midfield defence or forward, it takes a coherent combination in all three areas that can play together like 3 mini teams that feed eachother  - Manu is disjointed - there is no synergy, that is were the manger skill comes into play, he either creates that synergy or brings players in that already have it

currently they are not even close - when you see a quality team like Barca - they are an attacking team that have their playbook fine tuned - they fall apart when you take it to them - it interrupts their playbook and they don't know how to deal with it - weakness in Manu is they have no coherent attack but manage to squeeze the odd goal in by sheer individual determination or again through individual skill force a penalty here and there 

They are nowhere close to being a complete fine tuned team like LIV or MANC and IMO with the current players never will be - so some hard choices need to be made through the summer  

Some of the players should take a look at themselves, Ambling around the pitch like they are king dick when in reality they are talented but don't have the fitness level and determination to step up to the next level.

We don't just need a clean out we need to improve the fitness of the whole team.

5 hours ago, nev said:

Some of the players should take a look at themselves, Ambling around the pitch like they are king dick when in reality they are talented but don't have the fitness level and determination to step up to the next level.

We don't just need a clean out we need to improve the fitness of the whole team.

IMO there's not a lack of effort, it's just poor execution and on Sat appeared to be poor tactical guidance from the manager.

It's easy to look at City play and say we lack depth of quality... and I agree with that. But we have plenty of exciting players to build a team around, and let's not forget there are many positives in terms of performances since Ole took the reins. Top Four is absolutely vital now, and if we can scrape in, considering where we were it really will be a testament to Ole and how the team have responded to him.

Not saying you said this, but I'm not buying the whole 'blame it on Pogba' line every time we get beaten. OK he is not on fire every game, but let's not forget he is now our top scorer, has plenty of assists, and put those 2 pens away on Sat. If you want to single out a player that hasn't been worth the sky high wages... look at Alexis not Pogba.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

Excellent honest post. 

I think after watching the top two this weekend makes us all look at our own teams gulf. 

I read your boss will be given a 200 million budget. That won’t even scratch the surface to get you closer to them. Maybe a top 4. 

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Excellent honest post. 

I think after watching the top two this weekend makes us all look at our own teams gulf. 

I read your boss will be given a 200 million budget. That won’t even scratch the surface to get you closer to them. Maybe a top 4. 

Has the giddiness of giving us a decent game not worn off yet? That was your Cup Final, and we still beat you on a very bad day.

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Has the giddiness of giving us a decent game not worn off yet? That was your Cup Final, and we still beat you on a very bad day.

Going in over the top there Rick. What irritated you in Kadilo's post to cause that?

51 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Excellent honest post. 

Depends how you spend 200m. ManU have some decent players and some that need moving on. Liverpool were short of a quality goalkeeper, quality CB and quality midfielder, spent 170m on 3 players and transformed themselves in to potential champions. It can be done (though i seriously doubt Ole is as good a manager as Klopp).

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Going in over the top there Rick. What irritated you in Kadilo's post to cause that?

"this weekend makes us all look at our own teams gulf".... their gulf is the Pacific Ocean. 

I don't take too kindly to a West Ham fan pontificating on how much our transfer budget needs to be, or how we should spend it. Seems like they have frittered away more cash than anyone on useless buys. 

18 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

"this weekend makes us all look at our own teams gulf".... their gulf is the Pacific Ocean. 

I don't take too kindly to a West Ham fan pontificating on how much our transfer budget needs to be, or how we should spend it. Seems like they have frittered away more cash than anyone on useless buys. 

Is that "to a west ham fan" or to fans of any clubs other than ManU? Or do you just not like WHU? I ask as i thought Kadilo made fair points.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

IMO there's not a lack of effort, it's just poor execution and on Sat appeared to be poor tactical guidance from the manager.

It's easy to look at City play and say we lack depth of quality... and I agree with that. But we have plenty of exciting players to build a team around, and let's not forget there are many positives in terms of performances since Ole took the reins. Top Four is absolutely vital now, and if we can scrape in, considering where we were it really will be a testament to Ole and how the team have responded to him.

Not saying you said this, but I'm not buying the whole 'blame it on Pogba' line every time we get beaten. OK he is not on fire every game, but let's not forget he is now our top scorer, has plenty of assists, and put those 2 pens away on Sat. If you want to single out a player that hasn't been worth the sky high wages... look at Alexis not Pogba.

Rick I am not having a go at Pogba, It's some of the team in General like Lingard loves his social media but on the pitch he has regressed when was the last time he had a better than average game, I Was also pinpointing our fitness level and comparing them to not City but Liverpool who never stop running all game.

• Like 1

Looking at the fixtures I think you'll have to be very lucky to squeeze into a CL spot.

Also your Solksjaer train has run out of steam a bit and remains to be seen how he'll kick on....tactically and in the transfer market.

He needs help on both counts is my belief.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Looking at the fixtures I think you'll have to be very lucky to squeeze into a CL spot.

Also your Solksjaer train has run out of steam a bit and remains to be seen how he'll kick on....tactically and in the transfer market.

He needs help on both counts is my belief.

Fair points.

Strongly doubt now ManU will finish in the top 4; form has strangely dipped since appointment of Oli. You're going to have to win CL ????