The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

50 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The Belgium international has been short of his best at Old Trafford this season but Juventus are reported to be considering a move for his services.

By his own admission Lukaku bulked up with weights and has paid the price with less mobility. Being muscle bound ain't a good thing. If Lukaku isn't careful he'll be the next Wilfried Bony.

10 minutes ago, jellydog said:

By his own admission Lukaku bulked up with weights and has paid the price with less mobility. Being muscle bound ain't a good thing. If Lukaku isn't careful he'll be the next Wilfried Bony.

Or Frank Bruno

49 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Or Frank Bruno

NOT a very pleasant thing to say given what frank bruno suffered with..

What i came on here for was this,  thought it was an interesting take and maybe  about as near what happened as arse lickin reporters dare to reveal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/22/respect-covering-jose-mourinho-manchester-united-wild-ride

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The Belgium international has been short of his best at Old Trafford this season but Juventus are reported to be considering a move for his services.

Did you copy that sentence from somewhere, or did you wake up thinking that you are a football journalist? 

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It’s clear what he meant. Muscle bound and immobile nothing else. 

Cheap pathetic shot. 

really where was it clear what he meant?  he just  didnt think about what he was posting, now and almost in the same stroke your  making an issue of brunos illness, like its something that people use to take pathetic shots at one another.    In  mental illness's struggle to get more acceptance and allround understanding imo unrecognised small mindedness is almost an  bigger issue than out right biggotry

16 hours ago, nev said:

Enjoy we have pissing ourselves at you lot for years mate.

It's not United are back it's we played a style of football been missing since Fergie left, We could not give to hoots if we make the top four we just want good football and a few more academy players stepping up, We have heap of talent down there.

Totally agree.  The start of a new era begins with the team trying to play the right style of football.  Then comes the right manager that can implement it and develop existing players and the youth whilst having a churn of the current squad, and its very clear a number have to go.  That takes time!!  The immediate is far far less important although a domestic trophy wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, that's exactly where i see United now and in order to get back to their old winning ways thats the way its going to be.  

Currently three winnable games for the immediate then it gets a little more testy.  Theres no reason why United can't or shouldn't win the next three but we'll see a lot more of what Ole's learnt tactically after that.  It goes without saying i'd love him to get the job permanent and i doubt he's thinking any other way too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

really where was it clear what he meant?  he just  didnt think about what he was posting, now and almost in the same stroke your  making an issue of brunos illness, like its something that people use to take pathetic shots at one another.    In  mental illness's struggle to get more acceptance and allround understanding imo unrecognised small mindedness is almost an  bigger issue than out right biggotry

May I recommend over the counter Valium and perhaps get back to knitting that festive sweater dear. Chill Winston. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Wow one win after Jose at Cardiff, United “are back” and Martial is the “premier league’s deadliest striker” 

pissing my sides here. 

Yes all good fun to listen to but it shouldn't go unnoticed that martial still, i believe have the best minutes played/goals scored ration in the league. 

Ask the United fans on here that contested he ain't up to it and Mourinho was right not to play him.  Thats where the real side busting laughs are to be had!!!

Mourinho didn't want to play him, Pochettino was extremely eager to buy him.  Go figure............

I think we can also expect Luke Shaw to flourish, getting further up the pitch into high up attacking positions that Mourinho would never allow, being all too focused on the defense.  You saw a glimpse of this from both full backs against Cardiff.  He will also benefit hugely from managerial support rather than public humiliation, as will a number of the players. 

What would be a huge tactical benefit to United would be to have players with the speed and agility to form a three man backline when the backs want to play high up the pitch. Currently whilst Ole clearly wants to adopt that approach i don't believe he has the players to do this, and its obviously not his fault.  He just has to have the tactical brain to understand the current limitations.  Given time he my well flourish but he needs the time to find the players and then to turn them into a unit.

I still think he is limited in how he can approach the big games.  if he were to play such a high line against City Liverpool or Spurs he will can taken apart. Cardiff is all well and good, but the top teams, no chance.

NB.  On another tactical note, I'm still to be convinced that Mourinho, in what was to be his final game,  didn't deliberately bring on Fellaini, alongside Herreira, to see United overran and force his sacking, such was the crass stupidity of his tactics.  

Edited by carmine

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes all good fun to listen to but it shouldn't go unnoticed that martial still, i believe have the best minutes played/goals scored ration in the league. 

Ask the United fans on here that contested he ain't up to it and Mourinho was right not to play him.  Thats where the real side busting laughs are to be had!!!

Mourinho didn't want to play him, Pochettino was extremely eager to buy him.  Go figure............

I think we can also expect Luke Shaw to flourish, getting further up the pitch into high up attacking positions that Mourinho would never allow, being all too focused on the defense.  You saw a glimpse of this from both full backs against Cardiff.  He will also benefit hugely from managerial support rather than public humiliation, as will a number of the players. 

What would be a huge tactical benefit to United would be to have players with the speed and agility to form a three man backline when the backs want to play high up the pitch. Currently whilst Ole clearly wants to adopt that approach i don't believe he has the players to do this, and its obviously not his fault.  He just has to have the tactical brain to understand the current limitations.  Given time he my well flourish but he needs the time to find the players and then to turn them into a unit.

Martial is joint 5th on 8 PL goals not bad for him considering he hasn't played that much the leading scorer is on 12 and hopefully how Ole wants to play he could quiet easily score a lot more goals.

Manchester United could be about to unleash their new Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Man Utd fans are getting very excited about the potential of Mason Greenwood and are calling for Solskjaer to give him his debut.

He has scored 21 goals in 17 games and he scored a hat trick in the Chelsea game FA youth cup

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United could be about to unleash their new Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Man Utd fans are getting very excited about the potential of Mason Greenwood and are calling for Solskjaer to give him his debut.

He has scored 21 goals in 17 games and he scored a hat trick in the Chelsea game FA youth cup

Ole already told him to get ready for the Reading game.

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

Matt Busby quote, "If you're good enough, then you are old enough" Im not arguing with Sir Matt

Why not, Oliver Skipp has slipped seamlessly into Tottenhams midfield and looks totally at home at premier league level. He only turned 18 in september.  

Apparently Bielsa played an 18yo last week and the kid didn't have the best of games.  However, here's the next point, being that playing these youngsters the coach has to believe they are physically and mentally strong enough and Bielsa clearly thinks he is, and who's going to argue with Marcelo Bielsa!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

I still think he is limited in how he can approach the big games.  if he were to play such a high line against City Liverpool or Spurs he will can taken apart. Cardiff is all well and good, but the top teams, no chance.

NB.  On another tactical note, I'm still to be convinced that Mourinho, in what was to be his final game,  didn't deliberately bring on Fellaini, alongside Herreira, to see United overran and force his sacking, such was the crass stupidity of his tactics.  

I am pretty sure he did deliberately throw the game, I am sure Real Madrid have already approached him to take over there in the summer.

What's not to like in his part get sack before Xmas spend time with family and holiday while getting a huge severance cheque.

Man Utd interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have an input in the January transfer window and can aid his side's wonderkid search in Norway.

It is estimated one million viewers in Norway will watch Solskjaer's first game at Old Trafford against Huddersfield. The equivalent of one in five people from a population of five million.

Molde wonder kid Erling Haaland, who got his chance under Solskjaer, has been watched extensively since scoring four goals in front of United scout Tommy Moller Nielsen back in July.

United hope to take Ranheim youngster Odin Thiago Holm on trial in 2019 after the midfielder caught the eye at the Sambor Youth Cup in Poland last summer with five goals from midfield.

17 minutes ago, nev said:

I am pretty sure he did deliberately throw the game, I am sure Real Madrid have already approached him to take over there in the summer.

What's not to like in his part get sack before Xmas spend time with family and holiday while getting a huge severance cheque.

Well since you agree with me then you might also be interested to know that he got sacked by chelsea a week before Christmas too, with a nice fat cheque and who is going to argue that he didn't orchestrate his exit from there too!!!

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Almost to the day 17th and 18th 

Jose loves a family Christmas.

Anyway, Woodward's a cretin in footballing things because everyone knows Jose only does two seasons in one place then it all goes tits up, even if he's the one that has to make it happen.

Here is a look at the provisional squad he could choose from:

What will be your selection for the Huddersfield game?

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Diogo Dalot, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, Marouane Fellaini, Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Fred, James Garner, Paul Pogba, Andreas Pereira, Angel Gomes, Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial