The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

41 minutes ago, nev said:

Who else on here thinks Lingard is just not good enough

he missed 2x clear scoring opportunities that a skilled striker would have hammered into the back of the net

The missed penalty has already been addressed 

37 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's far from perfect. But let's not forget he does pop up with important goals, like FA Cup final for example.

pop up the odd time is not good enough - we need someone special that can consistently put the ball in the net - Lukaku was supposed to be it but failed miserably - I never once thought he was up to the standard needed

1 minute ago, smedly said:

pop up the odd time is not good enough - we need someone special that can consistently put the ball in the net - Lukaku was supposed to be it but failed miserably - I never once thought he was up to the standard needed

But Jessie isn't a striker mate - I think you might be getting him mixed up with Martial?

For me he is a decent squad player, and a good defensive choice for attacking centre mid (if that makes sense?) when we want to close down the opposition all over the park.

Let's not forget about the positives..... Maguire and AWB were immense... James aquitted himself well, but I hope he doesn't pick up an Ashley Young reputation as a diver.

Crushing? I'll say one thing about you Rick, you're the most positive ManU fan I think we've had in all the years I've been on this forum. You really don't see too many negatives with your boys do you. What position you going to finish this season (im expecting you to say third)?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Crushing? I'll say one thing about you Rick, you're the most positive ManU fan I think we've had in all the years I've been on this forum. You really don't see too many negatives with your boys do you. What position you going to finish this season (im expecting you to say third)?

I wouldn't like to commit right now. What we know is that looks a United side which plays in a completely different way, and is far more defensively stable. 

I wouldn't rule us out as title contenders at this stage.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rashford is 6 out of 6.

3 at senior level and 3 at 'junior' level.

Pogba is 13 out of 18.

10 at senior level and 3 at 'junior' level.

Honestly mate I could not tell you any stats about City you seem to be a encyclopaedia on United Stats????

All the players that were not involved in the Wolves game played a behind closed doors game against a Sheffield United last Tuesday. Rojo and Fred didn't play the latter poses a ? mark maybe an injury? Funnily enough with the style OGS is trying to play I think Fred, could he get up to the PL standard could be a useful inclusion.

Playing against them  Ravel Morrison, remember him ? Ferdinand always said one of the best talents to ever come through the academy until he went off the rails.

A remote family member who works at Carington said Gomes was used in a no 10 position and looked very capable and for his small stature tough as nails. 

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I wouldn't like to commit right now. What we know is that looks a United side which plays in a completely different way, and is far more defensively stable. 

I wouldn't rule us out as title contenders at this stage.

I'd settle for 4th place and a good run in the cups but I wouldn't rule anything out at this early stage The priority for me from is the way they are trying to play,breathe of fresh air.Just light on another striker IMO.Average age last weekend 24 lowest in the league a team that can grow.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Positivety gone wild :cheesy:

Are you sure?... If it really was completely unthinkable I would have got more slaughtered for that comment. 

I think everyone knows in the back of their mind, if things start going for 'the new United', these two foreign outfits playing in the Prem might be in trouble. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

A remote family member who works at Carington said Gomes was used in a no 10 position and looked very capable and for his small stature tough as nails. 

Interesting stuff mate ????... is that where you got the info from on the line-up for the game behind closed doors?

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Interesting stuff mate ????... is that where you got the info from on the line-up for the game behind closed doors?

No was on United's web site from memory.Makes sense as OGS is unlikely to make major changes unless they turn in a poor performance. All the training in the world doesn't make you match ready

The Gomes stuff was from a family member . I now remember of course the goal he scored ,was it against Spurs? showed a lot of maturity .The no 10 position is an ongoing problem

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Are you sure?... If it really was completely unthinkable I would have got more slaughtered for that comment. 

I think everyone knows in the back of their mind, if things start going for 'the new United', these two foreign outfits playing in the Prem might be in trouble. 

You're having a laugh; yeah we're all crapping ourselves.

You will finish no higher than 4th, if you're lucky.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You really are living in this little bubble aren't you. Putting City shirts in front of Spurs shirts in sports shops... Mr Boj with his matching Man City scooters.

What you have cottoned on to is that empires don't take decades to dismantle; they fall overnight. When has any team who has just become English champions convincingly not gone into the next season as big favourites? But the changing of the guard always comes. United know that better than anyone.

And what do you have left when it all crumbles? Foreign money and a small fan base. And what about when the Arabs get bored? Then you'll know that you've been little city all along.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's not often I agree with BB, but he is on the money here rick. 

Reminds me of when you were all creaming your pants when OGs got a few lucky wins together last season. One fortunate win and a draw and you're at it again already. 

On 8/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, BangrakBob said:

It's not often I agree with BB, but he is on the money here rick. 

Reminds me of when you were all creaming your pants when OGs got a few lucky wins together last season. One fortunate win and a draw and you're at it again already. 

We win games it's always lucky, And now add fortunate to the list ???? A 4-0 win against Chelsea and a very well earned draw against Wolves and we are fortunate.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see which side Ole puts out today. Will he stick largely with the same side, or use this as a chance to freshen things up a bit and give other players a first run out? Could Martial even be dropped for Greenwood? I'd be interested in seeing Gomes starting but can't see it myself, Mata has been coming on as sub so looks to be the next cab off the rank if Jessie is dropped. 

One thing I am happy about is that the back 5 can now pick itself! 

Edited by RickG16

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. First Ole couldn't pick a penalty taker and now the back 5 have to pick themselves ????

It's called letting players think for themselves... not hugging them every two seconds, whispering in their ear and generally acting like a (deleted). 

Edited by mrbojangles
Homophobic content removed

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

ole2.pngole3.pngole4.pngole5.pngole6.jpgole7.png

But we both know the frequency and intensity with which Guardiola does it is weird.

The remarkable thing about this post is that you've spent a few minutes fishing out photos of Ole embracing. Guess there aren't many activity options in Saudi Arabia on the weekend.... public executions, perhaps?

Edited by RickG16

Just now, RickG16 said:

But we both know the frequency and intensity with which Guardiola does it is weird.

The remarkable thing about this post is that you've spent a few minutes fishing out photos of Ole embracing. Guess there are many activity options in Saudi Arabia on the weekend.... public executions, perhaps?

So now it's not the hugging, it's the frequency. Sorry but I don't have stats on that one.

BTW. I'm on holiday in Thailand at the moment and googling Ole hugging isn't hard to find.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

So now it's not the hugging, it's the frequency. Sorry but I don't have stats on that one.

I don't think hugging frequency stats are that easy to come by... but don't worry, we don't need them. Because everybody knows Pep loves a grope and a whisper. 

On to more serious matters Mr Boj... assuming both are fit, will Jesus be phased into the team more this season, or do you anticipate Aguero playing the majority of games? Seems he's given up on the idea of playing both. I'm still pinning my hopes on Sergio in the fantasy league. 

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

And the classic one. It really isn't that hard to find Rick

download.jpeg

Judging by the kit and Rooney's hair volume, I'd say that's a photo from when we went out of the CL group stage against Benfica in 2005. Keane meltdown soon to follow. Every reason for that kind of facial expression ????

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I don't think hugging frequency stats are that easy to come by... but don't worry, we don't need them. Because everybody knows Pep loves a grope and a whisper. 

On to more serious matters Mr Boj... assuming both are fit, will Jesus be phased into the team more this season, or do you anticipate Aguero playing the majority of games? Seems he's given up on the idea of playing both. I'm still pinning my hopes on Sergio in the fantasy league. 

I saw on Facebook a vid of Aguero and Pep having a go at each other, Was this because Jesus came on to replace him?.