The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I don't think hugging frequency stats are that easy to come by... but don't worry, we don't need them. Because everybody knows Pep loves a grope and a whisper. 

On to more serious matters Mr Boj... assuming both are fit, will Jesus be phased into the team more this season, or do you anticipate Aguero playing the majority of games? Seems he's given up on the idea of playing both. I'm still pinning my hopes on Sergio in the fantasy league. 

Don't think any of us can answer your question, we'll have to see what Pep wants and how injuries go, but Jesus has started the better of the two and adds more to our general play while we all know what Aguero adds.

Can't see Pep playing both; rarely does that, likes his 433 too much.

2 minutes ago, nev said:

I saw on Facebook a vid of Aguero and Pep having a go at each other, Was this because Jesus came on to replace him?.

A combination of Pep bringing Jesus on, apparently blaming Aguero's involvement in the two goals (harsh in my opinion) and lecturing Aguero which he didn't like. Handbags that's all; Aguero will be involved tomorrow.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Kompany having his testimonial made me remember my youth and going to quite a few testimonials at Maine Road. I can't remember the previous City player to have one (will Silva have one?), but who was the last ManU player to have a testimonial?

Carrick I think. 

On 8/3/2019 at 11:38 AM, Mikisteel said:

Hello to the Sheffield Wednesday fan is that?

Very interested in your T20.

Amy ideas on these kind of odds, let me know:

Utd 12 points after 10 games

OGS to be gone before christmas

Utd to Finnish 9th or lower.

Ok so just totting up where we are at after 3 games wirh the team that is not that united at present.

I was ridiculed by some "folks" on here for my wild predictions about united demise. I have united with 12 points after 10 games.

Today after the last minute home loss to the mighty palace. United are on 4 pts from 3 games.

I'll keep you all updated on this as the season progresses.

1 minute ago, Mikisteel said:

Thanks.

Hope you've factored in that we won the first game 4-0, completely dominated 1st half of the second game and only conceded an absolute screamer, completely dominated all of the third game, had a clear penalty not given and a penalty which hit the inside of the post.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Since Ole was appointed manager he's played 12 won 3 drawn 3 lost 6. Over a PL season that form would equate to a point a game, a 38 point season.

But that's not his complete reign as manager is it? 

18 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks.

Hope you've factored in that we won the first game 4-0, completely dominated 1st half of the second game and only conceded an absolute screamer, completely dominated all of the third game, had a clear penalty not given and a penalty which hit the inside of the post.

Have you factored your manager is completely shiiit. You beat a Chelsea team which was incredibly naive and you scraped a draw with wolves.  Not to mention you just got done at home to the super power that is crystal palace....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mikisteel said:

Have you factored your manager is completely shiiit. You beat a Chelsea team which was incredibly naive and you scraped a draw with wolves.  Not to mention you just got done at home to the super power that is crystal palace....

Only thing I'm concerned about is that he might not have given the referee an ear bashing after that game. I don't care if he gets a touch line ban.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Penalty crisis at United: Stepney to be brought back.

very poor referee performance 

there was a very clear red card and some other pretty dodgy decisions 

CP played well but did not deserve that win

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nev said:

We win games it's always lucky, And now add fortunate to the list ???? A 4-0 win against Chelsea and a very well earned draw against Wolves and we are fortunate.

And i guess you can now throw in an unfortunate loss ???? at home to a team that got beat by shefield wednesday and could only hold everton at home. They didn't even manage a goal against those 2 teams. 

????

7 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

Ok so just totting up where we are at after 3 games wirh the team that is not that united at present.

I was ridiculed by some "folks" on here for my wild predictions about united demise. I have united with 12 points after 10 games.

Today after the last minute home loss to the mighty palace. United are on 4 pts from 3 games.

No you won't....not with this account anyway....indefinite ban.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, wilai said:

No you won't....not with this account anyway....indefinite ban.

A few more trolls on this thread need sorting too mate, especially after yesterday's game, we just don't need it, I've got a headache!

Good job. Keep it up. 555

Edited by DannyCarlton

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

A few more trolls on this thread need sorting too mate, especially after yesterday's game, we just don't need it, I've got a headache!

Good job. Keep it up. 555

Wind ups and banter are part of footy. As long as it is friendly enough we try and let things go. Win and you can gloat....lose and you will have to suffer a bit I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Wind ups and banter are part of footy. As long as it is friendly enough we try and let things go. Win and you can gloat....lose and you will have to suffer a bit I'm afraid.

Only joking. Love the banter. We deserve a bit of a caning after yesterdays game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

And i guess you can now throw in an unfortunate loss ???? at home to a team that got beat by shefield wednesday and could only hold everton at home. They didn't even manage a goal against those 2 teams. 

????

Indeed we can, We are where we are we sell a striker and two midfielders and no replacements makes us weaker imho.

We have some good players but a few bang average players who also need replacing.

I will also add Ole is too nice a guy to be a manager, He really needs to be ripping into this team as a few think they are better than they really are.

By the way it was Sheff Utd mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nev said:

Ole is too nice a guy to be a manager

I sometimes worry about this too.

But it may just be we don't see that side. Just like we didn't see the friendly side of Mourinho side often but by all accounts he could be friendly.

With all the pace we have, I honestly think the midfield / no 10 problem is being overplayed, but yes we need someone with more vision and the ability to put their foot on the ball than Lingard. Simple solution for you Nev.... How about put Pereira or Fred next to Scott and move Pogba up to the number 10 role?