The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I sometimes worry about this too.

But it may just be we don't see that side. Just like we didn't see the friendly side of Mourinho side often but by all accounts he could be friendly.

With all the pace we have, I honestly think the midfield / no 10 problem is being overplayed, but yes we need someone with more vision and the ability to put their foot on the ball than Lingard. Simple solution for you Nev.... How about put Pereira or Fred next to Scott and move Pogba up to the number 10 role?

I was wondering why when you were chasing a goal he didn't take off the Morecambe lad; i guess from Zaha's 2 left side breaks after he went off, including the 2nd goal, we now know why.

Well I was going to talk about the poor United performance and that Ole is not the right man for the job and all that, but then Spurs lost at home to Newcastle, so I save that for later.  

Edited by balo

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Luke Shaw our for month ,hamstring 

Again, it could be our home fans that make this more difficult. Ashley Young, who will probably come in, gets an unbelievable amount of stick. I think he looked quite good when he came on against Palace. He always tries his heart out and is certainly one of our leaders. Doesn't seem to have lost too much pace either. However, with a large section of our support he'll now be a readymade culprit should anything go wrong.

7 hours ago, Sparkles said:

very few up front unless you bring in the young uns.

We can't have it both ways. Everybody raves about Greenwood, but for him to play he needs a space in the team. Let's see what he can do. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 11:36 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Since Ole was appointed manager he's played 12 won 3 drawn 3 lost 6. Over a PL season that form would equate to a point a game, a 38 point season.

Here you go Rick. Ole is the 3rd best manager in the period since his appointment (but after a great start his record is dropping off as i noted in the previous post). Check out Palace (above Spurs!) - now there's a manager making the most out of what he has available. 

Screen-Shot-2019-08-27-at-12.30.30.png

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here you go Rick. Ole is the 3rd best manager in the period since his appointment (but after a great start his record is dropping off as i noted in the previous post). Check out Palace (above Spurs!) - now there's a manager making the most out of what he has available. 

Screen-Shot-2019-08-27-at-12.30.30.png

Thanks, I think you need to show this to the United fans who are now overreacting to Saturday 

And I agree on Palace, always rated Hodgson as a club manager.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks, I think you need to show this to the United fans who are now overreacting to Saturday 

And I agree on Palace, always rated Hodgson as a club manager.

Why the laugh @wilai If Hodgson was given the same money as Klopp to spend, maybe he would have made a better fist of it.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Why the laugh @wilai If Hodgson was given the same money as Klopp to spend, maybe he would have made a better fist of it.

Toss up between the laugh and the cry....Jovanovic, Poulsen and Konchesky. The very thought of those three in LFC shirts still gives me nightmares. God knows who he'd have bought given more cash. He may be ok at managing lower level teams but I wouldn't let him near a top side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

There is that arguement, but I am glad we are sticking to our guns. Greenwood will be given game time, and that might be bad news for opposition defences.

This was a watershed moment - do we keep hoping that underperforming, overpaid foreign stars will come good, or do we draw a line under it and give this new batch of kids a chance. 

He needs shipping out, He had a fight with Greenwood in training which is not good, He should be leading by example rather than having a go at a young kid.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nev said:

He needs shipping out, He had a fight with Greenwood in training which is not good, He should be leading by example rather than having a go at a young kid.

Sounds like a Ruud vs Ronaldo scenario. If only Alexis had scored the goals RVN had before he left ????

2 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

Nice one Rick-keep up the passionate work ! 

Supported United since 1958 when saw Munich crash on b/w tv....once a Red always a Red!

Thanks. There aren't many United fans on this thread so feel free to contribute ????

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Sounds like a Ruud vs Ronaldo scenario. If only Alexis had scored the goals RVN had before he left ????

I see Zlatan is offering himself to come and help out, Would you have him back? I would we need a leader in the dressing room and I am sure he is well capable still at his age of scoring goals for us.

1 minute ago, nev said:

I see Zlatan is offering himself to come and help out, Would you have him back? I would we need a leader in the dressing room and I am sure he is well capable still at his age of scoring goals for us.

He's been scoring some beauties in America

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He has hasn't he, Don't know if he can do it again in the premier League but hey why not we have just got rid of two forwards and been left with not much options up front.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Including a couple in the first 15 mins of the LA derby the other day. Apparently spent the rest of the game like a statue so, despite what he reckons, I dunno if he'll hack it in the PL at 37.

14 minutes ago, nev said:

It's a tough one. It always risks becoming 'the Zlatan Show' with him, but like you say he is still an amazing player and could be very useful to the squad.

It might sound mad but I honestly think Rooney could have offered a lot recently even at his age. Imagine if he was playing in Lingard's position on Saturday. Through balls and set piece deliveries would have been a lot better I reckon. 

rooney.. think it was his last ?? openin to xmas scored 10 ish then got dropped deaper and hey he dont score.... i always thought he had a couple ish decent season out of him but UPFRONT  , lets face it thats where he was best, and was thbest  talent we/england had post gazza...

and bloody shame we never saw the best of sanchez.. at the <deleted> wipes.. NO DOUBTS he was TOP DRaw  just amazin 2 watch..

and ibra... he is A <deleted> .. amazin in his day  but still a <deleted>..

and sparkes ollie sold  plan b  lukaka SHOULDvhave been plan b

tailor made a real scary sub bit like in fergies days the sub strikers comin of the bench ATT just shockin.. lettin lukaka go .surely  a mistake . your weaker  4 sure lettin sanchez go  not so, but roman .. yeah

Edited by 3 minus 2

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's a tough one. It always risks becoming 'the Zlatan Show' with him, but like you say he is still an amazing player and could be very useful to the squad.

It might sound mad but I honestly think Rooney could have offered a lot recently even at his age. Imagine if he was playing in Lingard's position on Saturday. Through balls and set piece deliveries would have been a lot better I reckon. 

What about Giggs, Scholes, maybe Cantona, let's get the band back together...????????

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What about Giggs, Scholes, maybe Cantona, let's get the band back together...????????

If you followed world football you'd know that Rooney has been exceptional in the MLS. His passing range is top drawer. You don't need any pace for that. 

13 hours ago, RickG16 said:

If you followed world football you'd know that Rooney has been exceptional in the MLS. His passing range is top drawer. You don't need any pace for that. 

Keisuke Honda scored 5 goals and got 3 assists in 8 games in the A-league this season, doesn't mean he can cut it at Milan tomorrow.

Edited by BangrakBob