The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Watching most of the games this weekend, including Liverpool, Man City and the Spurs - Arsenal derby , then I watched United play. They are lacking speed, creativity , no leading player on the pitch.  James is the only one who played up to a standard you would expect from a  United player.   

OGS will not last long as a manager, I think this whole experiment will be over before Christmas. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

your right thwre are other ways of ' inhibiting' a jump and he should have done but cant have the size thing... being a geeky idiot .. i looked it up .. 3 inches diference... hardly towerung over him.. anyways .. shame bailly aint fit i'de still give him a go over the others that 1 st season he was CLASS that dont go away.. and at his age and bein a cb he SHOULD recover sufficently

Size is not the only issue some players have an ability to reach a height others can't and in fact its part of the training routine,in some clubs, to increases ability just like they have sprint coaches.He still had a height advantage Lindelof needs to improve. Rio Ferdinand has time on his hands he should be there as part of the coaching staff 

yeah i know he had a height advantage spark's   but 3 inches   lookin at the pic in the observer linda lost that jump by ?? a head and some.. 18 inches is  prob a touch ott but not by much.. okwe all know defenders  aint gonna win everything in the air,  but a prem cenral defender SHOULDNT be  beaten by that much as you say it needs lookin at in training.

22 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Size is not the only issue some players have an ability to reach a height others can't and in fact its part of the training routine,in some clubs, to increases ability just like they have sprint coaches.He still had a height advantage Lindelof needs to improve. Rio Ferdinand has time on his hands he should be there as part of the coaching staff 

Really don't think a drug cheat should have anything to do with your club. What sort of message would that send out to some of the younger ones trying to make a break through?  

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He missed a drugs test. 

mate .. i'm a sarf londoner.. I KNOW rio was bang at it att.. ferguson a couple of years b4 had said that ANY player caught usin drugs would  be out on his ear   dont think he expected his  capt and planned cornerstone for the next decade would be  'caught'  have no evidence that fergie covered it  up

but money speaks and att rio cost a BUCKET load  .. and losing him wiuld have defo upset man utds future ..

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I'm glad this thread has come to reflect the wider discourse on Manchester United... basically a bunch of weirdos obsessively discussing a club they don't even support.

Because they KNOW.............(<deleted> all) 

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and some just say NOTHING and never stop  spouting  aggressive <deleted>,,

ALL THE TIME,, == boring troll,,  

Could be worse. 

I could think I was some kind of gangster who is in the “know” 

Lets hope Rio reads your post and takes you to the cleaners ????

Just now, Kadilo said:

Good to see Sanchez being positive about his time at United and saying no regrets moving there. 

Seems he wasn’t as injured as he was made to be at the end. Maybe just not OLS cup of tea. 

Any link to what he said? 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Any link to what he said? 

The article I read was on the BBC Website. 

Forward Alexis Sanchez "does not regret" joining Manchester United but says he did not get enough playing time to be a success.

The Chilean, 30, joined Inter Milan on a season-long loan deal in August after 19 months at Old Trafford.

He was United's highest earner on about £400,000 a week - but scored only five times in 45 games after joining from Arsenal in January 2018.

"I'm very happy I went to Manchester United," Sanchez told BBC Sport.

"I've always said that. It's the club that's won the most in England.

"When I went to Arsenal it was fantastic - I was happy there - but United were growing at the time, they were buying players to win something.

"I wanted to join them and win everything. I don't regret going there."

Sanchez scored 80 goals in 166 matches for Arsenal after signing for £30m from Barcelona in July 2014, and was nominated for the Professional Footballers' Association Players' Players of the Year award in 2017.

However, his departure for United coincided with a severe downturn in form.

He scored just two goals in 27 appearances for the Premier League side last season, although he impressed during Chile's run to the Copa America semi-finals this summer, netting twice.

Sanchez started only 31 of 77 possible games for United and completed 13 of those.

"I think that I'm happy when I play for my national team," he said.

"I was happy at Manchester United too, but I've always said to my friends: I want to play.

"If they would let me play I'll do my best. Sometimes I'd play 60 minutes then I wouldn't play the next game - and I didn't know why."

Before his move to Inter Milan, Sanchez was not involved in pre-season matches and did not feature in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side's first three league games, with the club citing an injury picked up on international duty.

However, the Chilean said he felt "ready to play" after the Copa America.

"I felt fine," he said. "I think I did well in the Copa America.

"After that, it [not playing any pre-season games] depended on the coach to let me play. You need to ask him this question, not me."

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Good to see Sanchez being positive about his time at United and saying no regrets moving there. 

Seems he wasn’t as injured as he was made to be at the end. Maybe just not OLS cup of tea. 

Nice that and a complete opposite to that snake Lukaku who has blamed everyone but himself and had a few pops at our manager and club.

• Like 2

Guys......keep things friendly please. Kadilo/3-2, if you dislike every post from each other you can use ignore.

One post hidden as it was defamatory. What players do in their spare time is up to them but unsubstantiated allegations should not be posted on open forums. Thanks.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Guys......keep things friendly please. Kadilo/3-2, if you dislike every post from each other you can use ignore.

One post hidden as it was defamatory. What players do in their spare time is up to them but unsubstantiated allegations should not be posted on open forums. Thanks.

I think labelling someone a 'drugs cheat' is wide of the mark too? 

3 hours ago, nev said:

Nice that and a complete opposite to that snake Lukaku who has blamed everyone but himself and had a few pops at our manager and club.

And to be fair we've been supportive of him too, certainly not thrown him under the bus. If by some chance he gets a second wind in his career, we always have the option of bringing him back next season. Looks unlikely though. 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, RickG16 said:

I'm glad this thread has come to reflect the wider discourse on Manchester United... basically a bunch of weirdos obsessively discussing a club they don't even support.

I gave up on this thread some time ago for similar reasons.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think labelling someone a 'drugs cheat' is wide of the mark too? 

To be honest mate, that is something that has been widely quoted in the media for years. Avoiding the test is, in my view, cheating anyway. Best just leave old news and concentrate on current issues. Looks like you have a couple of injury problems. Wan-Bissaka and Pogba at the moment.

One question mate. Why do you lot persist in playing PP just in front of the back 4? He is a liability there, losing possession all the time. He is far more dangerous (to the opposition) when he is more advanced and playing the likes of Rashford/Martial/James in on goal. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

To be honest mate, that is something that has been widely quoted in the media for years. Avoiding the test is, in my view, cheating anyway. Best just leave old news and concentrate on current issues. Looks like you have a couple of injury problems. Wan-Bissaka and Pogba at the moment.

One question mate. Why do you lot persist in playing PP just in front of the back 4? He is a liability there, losing possession all the time. He is far more dangerous (to the opposition) when he is more advanced and playing the likes of Rashford/Martial/James in on goal. 

It might suggest he has failed a drugs test, but anyway.....

I think we play Pogba there with good intention, to be more attacking. He is very physical and good at winning the ball, but like you say, could be a bit erratic in that position. The thing is when he played there for France in the WC, he had a rock next to him in Kante. With us he has McTominay, who is great but still learning, and can also be erratic himself (maybe because he is learning from Pogba!).

I would be tempted to push him forward to the 10 role. The solution could be to put Fred next to McTominay, as he can get up and down the pitch more than Matic. But we haven't seen Fred surface this season.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Because they KNOW.............(<deleted> all)

That's a bit rich coming from you Kadillo and some might say you know **** all when you  come on the Spurs thread,  seems it's ok for you but not for others !

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Noted. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:
21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

That's a bit rich coming from you Kadillo and some might say you know **** all when you  come on the Spurs thread,  seems it's ok for you but not for others !

Dry your eyes Con man, you got a point. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

And to be fair we've been supportive of him too, certainly not thrown him under the bus. If by some chance he gets a second wind in his career, we always have the option of bringing him back next season. Looks unlikely though. 

The change may revitalise his career. 

For your sakes I hope so. 

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Throwing stones from a glasshouse considering the labels I've heard you and many others post on here. 

Most of us don't consider to moan or complaint to the Head Teacher about it. 

That's not in my character but it's the internet age mate. It's simply not acceptable to pedal 'he said, she said' rumours, or accuse someone of something serious without sufficient grounds.

When have I ever become a gossip queen? And when I do float ideas around, I make sure I choose my words carefully. e.g. - there might be evidence to suggest Man City are the most bent club going, because they are being investigated by four different governing bodies.....

But in all seriousness... when it comes down to personal attacks based on little evidence, that's different.