The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

SkySports are saying Bayern were "toothless"

Don't know what your hang up with City is champers. At the end of the day, 4 prem teams are now in the last 8 of Europe's elite comp. That is quite a good reflection on the standard of the prem. But it's ok, you can carry on knocking that acheivement if you like

Champers is a closet City hater. Not looking too good for him down at the bottom of the Championship 7 points adrift.

Jeez that first half was piss poor wasn't it. Second half was much better especially the last 30 mins. Big Virg..... What a man....

As for the next round, you'd think Barca, Juve and probably city are the teams you would like to avoid. Would be great to get the mancs and send them packing again.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Champers is a closet City hater. Not looking too good for him down at the bottom of the Championship 7 points adrift.

I don't hate City; I dislike their so-called youth policy, along with Chelsea. I have made no secret of that in the football forum so am not hiding away. 

I think Chelsea and City both do a disservice to the English game by cherry picking the best young players from other clubs and not playing them. They both spend millions on foreign players who block young players' progress.

I am interested to see how the Phil Foden situation pans out. I know Pep thinks he is not ready, but at the same age players like Giggs, Rooney and Owen had a lot of games under their belt. Foden has been talked up as being in their class. I would like to see him prove that assertion to be true.

Nice to see Sancho in the England squad again.

Can't argue with you about Bolton, except we are 2nd bottom and not bottom. We still look doomed. Up the Whites!

Edited by champers

44 minutes ago, longstebe said:

Jeez that first half was piss poor wasn't it. Second half was much better especially the last 30 mins. Big Virg..... What a man....

As for the next round, you'd think Barca, Juve and probably city are the teams you would like to avoid. Would be great to get the mancs and send them packing again.

I don't know about piss poor, thought Bayern made it difficult again. The second half was fantastic though. 

Defo Barca and Juve, I'd like to avoid City just because we've been there. Love to face United. 

Alright Bob, piss poor as in both teams, there was a boat load of misplaced passes and not much created in the final third. Whether it was us, anticipating an early onslaught or Bayern being over cautious worrying about the counter attacks.
Anyway, what a result, been soaking it all up again today. Can't wait for that draw tomorrow.

I don't know about piss poor, thought Bayern made it difficult again. The second half was fantastic though. 

Defo Barca and Juve, I'd like to avoid City just because we've been there. Love to face United. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, longstebe said:

Alright Bob, piss poor as in both teams, there was a boat load of misplaced passes and not much created in the final third. Whether it was us, anticipating an early onslaught or Bayern being over cautious worrying about the counter attacks.
Anyway, what a result, been soaking it all up again today. Can't wait for that draw tomorrow.

There were a lot of misplaced passes. Bayern kept dropping off as soon as we went or passed forward. Thought Fabinho didn't get going until the second half.

Yeah I watched it before work this morning. Might watch it again tonight with a bevy!

Edited by BangrakBob

2 hours ago, champers said:

I don't hate City; I dislike their so-called youth policy, along with Chelsea. I have made no secret of that in the football forum so am not hiding away. 

I think Chelsea and City both do a disservice to the English game by cherry picking the best young players from other clubs and not playing them. They both spend millions on foreign players who block young players' progress.

I am interested to see how the Phil Foden situation pans out. I know Pep thinks he is not ready, but at the same age players like Giggs, Rooney and Owen had a lot of games under their belt. Foden has been talked up as being in their class. I would like to see him prove that assertion to be true.

Nice to see Sancho in the England squad again.

Can't argue with you about Bolton, except we are 2nd bottom and not bottom. We still look doomed. Up the Whites!

Who are all these City youngsters we don't play that gets you so upset: Phil Foden? And any one who is good enough to hold down a shirt at City?

Owen and Giggs broke in to the team and commenced playing regularly for Liverpool and ManU at about the same age as Foden for City, not earlier. Those with decent memories should remember Fergie being criticized similar to Pep now for not playing Giggs regularly - Fergie wanted to protect Giggs; maybe because of that he played until he was an old man.

Rooney was a man at 16 yrs old wasn't he, so he's the exception to the rule, but probably as a consequence of his early career start he was burnt out as a top player in his late 20s/early 30s.

Those 3 players are from another era so not the best example of a 17-18 year old breaking through and playing every game these days which it seems YOU think Foden should be doing.

So how about say Marcus Rashford - well wasn't he 19 yrs old before he commenced playing regularly.

Kids playing regular at TOP clubs by the age of 18 yrs old aren't that common, are they.

You lot keep trying to beat us up about Sancho and the welsh lad who joined Schalke - Sancho wasn't that great vs Spurs was he and t'other lad didn't even get a game against us. The youngsters we are selling wouldn't get in our team currently which is why they chose to leave instead of showing some patience and loyalty the way Foden is. 

Yep you looked doomed!

2 hours ago, longstebe said:

Taking on two teams at a time; your good but not that good mate ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Can't look past Porto, but would love Barcelona in the Semi. Coutinho, Suarez humbling would be great.

Never gave them a moments thought tbh. I just think barca is a cleaner fixture and provides safer passage than a derby type situation.

• Like 1