The official Liverpool FC thread 2019

I was giving it the big no, no, no, no, no, NOOOO, when Fab went down. I think Hendo might drop in to CB for the Hammers. 

I don't know what's going on with Bobby, but his confidence looks shot.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad news for LFC, BWFC and PNE fans.   Peter Thompson has died aged 76. One of the best left wingers I've ever seen. RIP lad.  

Sounds Messi

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was giving it the big no, no, no, no, no, NOOOO, when Fab went down. I think Hendo might drop in to CB for the Hammers. 

Hendo could certainly do a job there but giving Williams a chance would accelerate his development. Remember TAA got his chance through injury to Clyne and hasn't looked back. Think he was younger on his debut as well. Williams was'toughened up' spending a year in non league so I'm sure the physical attributes are there. Antonio would be a nightmare for any CB but he may have a dodgy hamstring so Haller could be playing. He is well over 6 feet so Hendo may have problems with him.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yep it's strange as he seems ok when he is playing for Brazil.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, wilai said:

Hendo could certainly do a job there but giving Williams a chance would accelerate his development. Remember TAA got his chance through injury to Clyne and hasn't looked back. Think he was younger on his debut as well. Williams was'toughened up' spending a year in non league so I'm sure the physical attributes are there. Antonio would be a nightmare for any CB but he may have a dodgy hamstring so Haller could be playing. He is well over 6 feet so Hendo may have problems with him.

We’re gonna <deleted> destroy ya 😏

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Kadilo said:

We’re gonna <deleted> destroy ya 😏

I bet you said that to a kebab last night and failed to eat it all.

Your gonna get slapped hard be lucky not to get done by at least 7. It's gonna hit home hard who your manager is after this. 

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Yes of course I was being serious. 

You are an expert at criticising every team and their managers. 

Get a hobby <deleted>

My hobby is watching west ham fans moan when they never had it so good and you are still a top of the bottom half of the table team. Some tremendous signings. Haller haha.  Worse than his mate jovic and you paid top dollar. Mugs

Edited by wilai
not relevant to thread
16 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

My hobby is watching west ham fans moan when they never had it so good and you are still a top of the bottom half of the table team. Some tremendous signings. Haller haha.  Worse than his mate jovic and you paid top dollar. Mugs

So who do you support then Jackie boy? I've got you down as a Liverpool fan.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:11 PM, Jack Hna said:

I bet you said that to a kebab last night and failed to eat it all.

Your gonna get slapped hard be lucky not to get done by at least 7. It's gonna hit home hard who your manager is after this. 

Not quite the drubbing predicted Jack Ass. 

• Haha 1

Well played. Could see it coming tbh and couldn’t say you didn’t deserve it overall despite some gritty defending on our part. 

• Like 1

Who needs Thiago when you've got The Shaq?....A superb incisive through ball set up Jota for a deserved winner when it looked like despite our 'huffing and puffing' we were never gonna break through the West Ham rearguard. Too much of our attacking was ponderous and resulted in a sorry lack of clear cut chances.

That all changed with the subs. Shaqiri and Jota immediately livened things up for us whilst Yarmolenko cocked things up for WHU! Indeed he was caught in possession at the start of the move that led to the goal. Something I noticed him doing more than once in West Ham's previous game. The impact that Shaq and Jota had was decisive. At last we had players who were willing to be more direct and run at pace at the West Ham defence. It resulted in yet another disallowed goal following VAR intervention (no real complaints. Could have been given either way!). And then the pair combined for a winner to light up any game. 

Giving MoM to either of the subs would be fair but given the circumstances and media waffle about our CB's (or lack of!) it has to go to Champer's mate Nat Phillips. He didn't give 40m signing Haller a sniff, dealing confidently with all the high balls thrown at him. He was also calm and effective in possession and certainly didn't play like a debutant brought in at short notice. 

So, another win, not pretty but good enough to take us back to the top of the league. A successful start to what will be a tough couple of months.

• Like 2