The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Cody Gakpo outlined his ambition to help this Liverpool side produce 'more beautiful moments' during an exclusive interview with Liverpoolfc.com.

The Netherlands forward agreed personal terms with the club on Wednesday and will officially complete his transfer from PSV Eindhoven at the start of the January transfer window, subject to a work permit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, RedArmy said:

I think it's clear for all to see, the Dippers have already peaked & are currently in decline - No chance of top 4 this season.

Spanked by Brighton ????????????????????????????????

Where have all the Dippers gone ????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The midfield rebuild is looking promising, big relief to see FSG get their wallet out. Of course it would be a perfect transfer window with an additional defender to come in. 

Looking forward to the season. We will get goals thats for sure. Maybe a new system and shape this season which hopefully comes together. 

What the fugg...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66470820

Liverpool have agreed a British record transfer fee of £111m with Brighton for midfielder Moises Caicedo.

However, Chelsea are now trying to secure a deal for the Ecuador international despite Brighton rejecting a succession of bids from the club earlier in the summer.

It is thought the 21-year-old's preference would be to move to Stamford Bridge.

It remains to be seen whether the Blues will now match Liverpool's bid.

Brighton had set a fee in excess of £100m for Caicedo and had said they felt no-one would reach it. Chelsea are believed to have bid £80m previously.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting article about Salah.

Salah has come a long way since he signed his first professional contract as a 13-year-old at Al Mokawloon in Cairo and it earned him a monthly salary of 125 Egyptian pounds or £3.32

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/29/liverpool-mohamed-salah-earning-at-least-1m-a-week-adviser-ramy-abbas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some great memories for me. Madrid was fantastic for actually winning the pot. But Kyiv in 2018 was one of the best trips I've ever had anywhere , never mind for football. (***k off Russia). 
I'm the same age as Klopp, within a few weeks, and I can completely understand what he's talking about when he says he's tired (even though I've been in quite a low pressure environment and lead one of the more normal lives he mentioned). It's actually confirmed a decision that's been brewing in my own mind for some time. He's given way more than 100% at times, just like Kenny did, and you can't live like that forever.

A lot of votes going Xabi's way. I think possibly Nagelsmann for me. But maybe that would be a bit too Kloppy.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Some great memories for me. Madrid was fantastic for actually winning the pot. But Kyiv in 2018 was one of the best trips I've ever had anywhere , never mind for football. (***k off Russia). 
I'm the same age as Klopp, within a few weeks, and I can completely understand what he's talking about when he says he's tired (even though I've been in quite a low pressure environment and lead one of the more normal lives he mentioned). It's actually confirmed a decision that's been brewing in my own mind for some time. He's given way more than 100% at times, just like Kenny did, and you can't live like that forever.

A lot of votes going Xabi's way. I think possibly Nagelsmann for me. But maybe that would be a bit too Kloppy.

Best grab Xabi before someone else does.

On 5/29/2023 at 5:41 PM, RedArmy said:

Thursday nights & Sunday's for you lot next season, enjoy ????

I don't have a dog in this fight, but there is an old saying that he who laughs last laughs longest. 

Been laughing much recently.? 

By the way there is no apostrophe in a plural. 

Edited by saintdomingo
  • Thanks 1