The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Roma knocked them out last season coming back from 4-1 down. They didn't out play us, just clinical finishing. 

I've not given up. You can imagine Anfield will be hell on earth for Barca. Who I have to say are an absolute bunch of shithouses.
Sad to say..Barca are HATED in Madrid..it does not faze them one bit..
Come the 2nd leg..Barca will just play really really FAST tipitapi stuff..frustrate Liverpool then nick one before half time.
Please cast your mind back a few years.
Barca vs Man Utd..2011 and 2012 Ch. Lge Finals.
Fergie had a great side at that time..but mostly were chasing the Barca shadows.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Sad to say..Barca are HATED in Madrid..it does not faze them one bit..
Come the 2nd leg..Barca will just play really really FAST tipitapi stuff..frustrate Liverpool then nick one before half time.
Please cast your mind back a few years.
Barca vs Man Utd..2011 and 2012 Ch. Lge Finals.
Fergie had a great side at that time..but mostly were chasing the Barca shadows.
Cheers

They were hated in Rome last year and got twaatted 3-0.

I don't know if you watched the match last night but that is not how it played out. We had more shots than them, should have scored at least 2/3 goals, but it just didn't go in the net and we weren't chasing shadows. And they certainly won't allowed to play as you describe when they come to Anfield. 

The difference was one man's brilliance and his dark arts. 

I know the chances are slim but if we can sitting at 2-0 on 70 mins, we are in with a sniff and that is not a big ask at home. 

Edited by BangrakBob

I don't know if you watched the match last night but that is not how it played out. We had more shots than them, should have scored at least 2/3 goals, but it just didn't go in the net and we weren't chasing shadows. And they certainly won't allowed to play as you describe when they come to Anfield. 

I know the chances are slim but if we can sitting at 2-0 on 70 mins, we are in with a sniff and that is not a big ask at home. 
I think.liverpool have really improved last coupla years..but barca play the fastest possession..pass..move I've ever seen.
Still it should be good to watch.cheers

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, RickG16 said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48117216

Pushing locals into fountains... Classy. Another glorious chapter in the history of Liverpool fans away in Europe. 

Now we have a comparable , a few years ago some Chelsea fans were involved in a similar incident on a train in Paris , yes you all know the story , it was in the media for weeks , no even longer , when Chelsa played PSG the following season, that story was bought out again, asking the guy whether he made a full recovery or whether he has used the trains since etc etc .

At the time of the incident , the Chelsea fans were tracked down, arrested, charged and banned from Chelsea games and fired from their jobs

This was primarily dues the the medias reporting on the story , as was Ballacks unprecedented  four game ban for kicking a Liverpool player and another Chelsea fan getting fired for calling Liverpool names on Youtube .

Will the Liverpool loving media hunt the Liverpool fans who pushed the Asian guy into the fountain down and get their dole money stopped and keep the story in the spotlight for years to come ?

The Liverpool fans actions were worse , because the Chelsea supporters claimed that the train was full and that was the reason why he couldnt get onto the train 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

My favorite was when Messi jumped into Fabinho, slapped him in the mug with a left, got a free kick out of it, and then buried it from another postal code.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

My favorite was when Messi jumped into Fabinho, slapped him in the mug with a left, got a free kick out of it, and then buried it from another postal code.

exactly, wt-f? 

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You got a small fine from UEFA last time you did a welcoming party. Another infringement and they might not be so lenient

Yeah doubt the Barca lads are as soft as yours. 

The lads have given everything this week, looked on their last legs around 75 mins except for the flying Scotsman.

Orgi you beauty 

Loved Big Virg ordering Shaq to take that free kick instead of Trent for the inswinger instead which resulted in the goal - He's a born Leader.

Up The F*cking Reds !!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

The lads have given everything this week, looked on their last legs around 75 mins except for the flying Scotsman.

Orgi you beauty 

Loved Big Virg ordering Shaq to take that free kick instead of Trent for the inswinger instead which resulted in the goal - He's a born Leader.

Up The F*cking Reds !!!

Yeah, amazing that was.

• Like 2

Just now, Devil said:

Orgi you beauty 

Up The F*cking Reds !!!

Tough game to have to play after Barca mid-week.

That was some serious another level captaincy from Virg, potentially the difference in a season of hair width margins.

Our chances on Tuesday now though, you'd expect Mo to be out now, and Firmino is too. If only the foxes  can get a point on Monday, the boost that would give the lads on Tuesday would be massive.

I hope the summer brings front and back quality additions.

• Like 1

Unbelievable. 

With the players missing that has to be one of the biggest upsets ever. 

What a performance. I think Barca bottled the occasion.

It doesn’t matter who you follow, that was special. 

Well done the crowd, hard luck Suarez ........there is a god. ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2