The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wilai said:

LFC youngsters through as Group winners in UEFA Youth League beating Napoli 5-0. Camacho. Millar, Glatzel. Jones and Duncan with the goals.:biggrin:

Hope the big lads can repeat later on. May watch the game, but me and my better half are currently in the process of stopping a few from going sour. Napoli are good, but they aren't St Etienne.

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

well that was intense, what a strange situation to qualify.

Allison Becker is the greatest Liverpool player ever!

Didn't see it but i heard it was an amazing bit of keeping but the win was also fully deserved.

Who would have thought we would all get through!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Looks like Lovren at the weekend....Matip taken to hospital with shoulder injury:saai:

Where does VvD get his rest now....

Lets hope Lovren doesn’t pull out after a shaving incident or indigestion on Sunday morning 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wilai said:

Looks like Lovren at the weekend....Matip taken to hospital with shoulder injury:saai:

yeah that is annoying, he's been playing well. no prognosis on him yet? a lovren brainfart against united is the last thing we need.

some nervous game that but when you look at it in the cold light of day we were actually pretty much in control of it, had loads of attempts and missed a bundle of chances, and the first real action alisson had to have was in injury time, albeit it was phenomenal and we now have our best goalkeeper since ray clemence.

hopefully mane is saving his finishing for them pillocks on sunday and also hopefully trent and milner are not too badly knocked. andy robertson is the best left-back in the world by the way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's Bill Decker, the murderer!

am thoroughly enjoying the new big night out shows. ????

yeah we had a mad number of attempts and chances last night really. mane wouldn't have scored in a month of fridays though.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

am thoroughly enjoying the new big night out shows. ????

yeah we had a mad number of attempts and chances last night really. mane wouldn't have scored in a month of fridays though.

thought you'd get it ????

Mane had me spitting, it must have been at least 4 one on ones. Still he will be primed for Sunday now.

A real air about the performance, those boys look like they are moving up a gear now, and it isn't close the 5th yet. 

Edited by BangrakBob

10 hours ago, StevieH said:

this on the back of gomez being out is harsh. matip's looked good too. maybe makes letting klavan go look a mistake in hindsight. have to play milner there, i'm sure he could.

what about Nathaniel Phillips....

How is he looking wilai?

37 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

what about Nathaniel Phillips....

How is he looking wilai?

Currently injured. Hurt his Achilles in the mini-derby last month. Possibly we'll use Fabinho as a make-shift Centre Back?

Other CB's include Masterson and George Johnston. Interesting one is the new de Ligt!....Ki-Jana Hoever who we picked up from Ajax. Only 16 but already playing in the under23s. Very highly rated.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mature-ki-jana-hoever-hailed-15532764

Edited by wilai

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Currently injured. Hurt his Achilles in the mini-derby last month. Possibly we'll use Fabinho as a make-shift Centre Back?

Other CB's include Masterson and George Johnston. Interesting one is the new de Ligt!....Ki-Jan Hoever who we picked up from Ajax. Only 16 but already playing in the under23s. Very highly rated

the most likely scenario would be Fabinho I guess. Started as a very good right back, apparently. Still, no time to train for this option now. Still think we need to go in to the market in Jan. Fekir and Tarkowski?

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

the most likely scenario would be Fabinho I guess. Started as a very good right back, apparently. Still, no time to train for this option now. Still think we need to go in to the market in Jan. Fekir and Tarkowski?

Best of luck, but tugboat Fabinho at RB dealing with Rashford and/or Martial ? Cue the laugh track.

Even so, and inform Salah likely to score enough goals to weather the storm.

As a City fan I should be rooting for Man United, but can't bring myself to do it.

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Best of luck, but tugboat Fabinho at RB dealing with Rashford and/or Martial ? Cue the laugh track.

Even so, and inform Salah likely to score enough goals to weather the storm.

As a City fan I should be rooting for Man United, but can't bring myself to do it.

think defence will be milner - lovren - van dijk - robertson against the glams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Been doing ok at RB for the National team lately so not too worried if he is played there....but we're talking about CB coverage, not RB as Jimmy Milner can cover there!

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

Been doing ok at RB for the National team lately so not too worried if he is played there....but we're talking about CB coverage, not RB as Jimmy Milner can cover there!

Ah, my mistake. I thought Fabiano was a favored choice at RB. Makes more sense at centre-back.

• Like 1