The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Jurgen Klopp must have been p*ssing himself laughing when Mourinho brought on Fellaini knowing his fast mobile midfield would swarm all over the cluster of immobility Mourinho had created.  

That game was a showcase for the modern game versus the outdated game.

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

Jurgen Klopp must have been p*ssing himself laughing when Mourinho brought on Fellaini knowing his fast mobile midfield would swarm all over the cluster of immobility Mourinho had created.  

That game was a showcase for the modern game versus the outdated game.

And more evidence for those that think Mourinho has had enough and is engaging in petulant sabotage.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

And more evidence for those that think Mourinho has had enough and is engaging in petulant sabotage.

I think you might be right.  Let's face it, a guy thats won what he has surely cannot be as tactically inept, can he?  He single handedly created a mismatch that a shrewd manager like Klopp would undoubtedly expose, which of course he did.  It was effectively game over.  What was he thinking?

Perhaps he and Mendes are going a "Chelsea exit scam" on United and this is the start of severance negotiations.  And we all know what a ruthless sh*thouse character he is!!!

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think you might be right.  Let's face it, a guy thats won what he has surely cannot be as tactically inept, can he?  He single handedly created a mismatch that a shrewd manager like Klopp would undoubtedly expose, which of course he did.  It was effectively game over.  What was he thinking?

Perhaps he and Mendes are going a "Chelsea exit scam" on United and this is the start of severance negotiations.  And we all know what a ruthless sh*thouse character he is!!!

I don't know if Mourinho is consciously sabotaging his team's chances, but he seems more preoccupied with sending Woodward a message than always putting his best eleven on the pitch. As bad as Pogba has been at times, you leave him on the bench instead of aging and creaky Matic, and Herrera !? Wouldn't you want to start a player with so much talent who is likely wanting to impress on a big stage ? Once again Mourinho cutting off his nose to spite his face.

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

I don't know if Mourinho is consciously sabotaging his team's chances, but he seems more preoccupied with sending Woodward a message than always putting his best eleven on the pitch. As bad as Pogba has been at times, you leave him on the bench instead of aging and creaky Matic, and Herrera !? Wouldn't you want to start a player with so much talent who is likely wanting to impress on a big stage ? Once again Mourinho cutting off his nose to spite his face.

He had an audition to impress midweek against Valencia, and he failed it. Sorry, but if you aren't playing well enough and putting a shift in you don't get in the side, how ever talented you are. 

It's not easy trying to pick an XI for us at the moment, but the least we can do is be fair to the players who are 100% switched on and committed. 

that was hugely enjoyable. we're very good and they are very, very poor. worst united side i have seen in many years that, and most damningly the manager just didn't seem particularly bothered. 

props to clyne for a great performance after so long out, van dijk had lukaku in his pocket while even in second gear, andy robertson is the best left-back in the world and fabinho was MOTM and now a starter. 

beating man united really shouldn't be that easy, 36 bloody shots, utter domination and a 3-1 spanking where we even had to give them their goal. but hey, we'll take it. up the reds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

you've got a £90m world cup winning midfielder on your bench and you need to change a game and you put on the lad david moyes bought and go dave bassett wimbledon tactics. it's laughable. united fans should be furious with mourinho but loads of them seem to still be giving him the benefit and blaming the players. but, you know, long may it continue. ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

that was hugely enjoyable. we're very good and they are very, very poor. worst united side i have seen in many years that, and most damningly the manager just didn't seem particularly bothered. 

props to clyne for a great performance after so long out, van dijk had lukaku in his pocket while even in second gear, andy robertson is the best left-back in the world and fabinho was MOTM and now a starter. 

beating man united really shouldn't be that easy, 36 bloody shots, utter domination and a 3-1 spanking where we even had to give them their goal. but hey, we'll take it. up the reds.

As a neutral a joy to watch. Totally dominant and some great individual performances. Robertson has improved so much. What an engine. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StevieH said:

He's been backed significantly and keeps leaving his expensive signings on the bench and playing Fellaini. 

I don't even know what Fred looks like. 

Jose has already explained the reasons why Fred isn't playing. Still... he did give him a chance in midweek and he was terrible.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

He's been backed significantly and keeps leaving his expensive signings on the bench and playing Fellaini. 

I don't even know what Fred looks like. 

It's a good point I don't either. Here's a pic. I think he had not been backed as properly as he should have been. Defence wise he's not had enough support. I do think he's playing an off the field game on the pitch with his selections though.

images.jpeg

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Why did you miss the match? Is Sunday night your "me" time, plucking your vagina while watching Sex in the City again?

I was on a family weekend away and I spent 9 hours in a swimming pool so I was shattered. How comes you know nothing about football except what the bloggers type? You too busy picking avatars and drinking champagnia baby Cham? what's it called again? nourish me up you pink lipped tart. Get the pink lips back 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Jose has already explained the reasons why Fred isn't playing. Still... he did give him a chance in midweek and he was terrible.

Yh but your whole team was frighteningly bad yesterday pal so how bad could he really have been in comparison. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh but your whole team was frighteningly bad yesterday pal so how bad could he really have been in comparison. 

You can't play a player on the back of a terrible performance. Our last game before that was a 4-1 win so you have to go with that team. I'm still getting used to this 'lose every other game' malarky, but one thing I do know is you have to stick with the players in the winning team.

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You can't play a player on the back of a terrible performance. Our last game before that was a 4-1 win so you have to go with that team. I'm still getting used to this 'lose every other game' malarky, but one thing I do know is you have to stick with the players in the winning team.

Why, that was against the bottom club.  In a game of the magnitude of Liverpool/United you pick a side to do the job.  Playing the top club as opposed to the bottom club requires a completely different selection process.  

5 hours ago, carmine said:

a side to do the job.  

That's usually a side with in form players - or not playing absolutely terribly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing... it would have been interesting to see how Pogba would have done. As usual with him it could have gone either way. But while I might be in the minority with giving Jose more time, I think most United fans would agree that Fred and Pog did not deserve to play in that game. 

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We are playing Friday night Rc, will you be catching the match? Or will you be busy roasting your chestnuts with a bit of Love Actually and vag maintenance?

That's 3am here are you mad. 

Tell me about this bread and butter.

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's 3am here are you mad. 

Tell me about this bread and butter.

I'll be 12 hours in to a 14 hour flight, 3 miles up in the sky and I will be watching the match live at 5 am in the morning and probably <deleted>-eyed! 

Your commitment concerns me...

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'll be 12 hours in to a 14 hour flight, 3 miles up in the sky and I will be watching the match live at 5 am in the morning and probably <deleted>-eyed! 

Your commitment concerns me...

So no bread and butter?