The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

I'm hearing ridiculous comparisons between this scouse side and United circa (2007/08), which I consider better than the 1999 side.

Can we just clear this up:

- The PL and CL DOUBLE

- Three PLs in a row

- Two all time great defenders, not just one

It's like people don't actually think before they speak. 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, wilai said:

Picked up a goalscorer from Brentford to replace him...Joe Hardy, ex Man City kid.

Scored a couple last night in the u23's 5-0 win over Soton...The kids, (Jones and Elliott) each got one with Liam Millar getting the fifth.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 12:04 AM, RickG16 said:

I'm hearing ridiculous comparisons between this scouse side and United circa (2007/08), which I consider better than the 1999 side.

Can we just clear this up:

- The PL and CL DOUBLE

- Three PLs in a row

- Two all time great defenders, not just one

It's like people don't actually think before they speak. 

Personally i don't think you can make comparisons of teams that played in different time periods. Number of trophies doesn't prove it and playing against each other didn't happen so it's not really possible. I'd just stick to all 3 were/are great sides if i was you.

[EDIT: I wouldn't even want to try to have a go at 'guessing' which of Mancini's, Pellegrini's and Peps sides was the best]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Jordan Henderson has been named The England POTY. Some long overdue recognition for the skipper. Well done Hendo.????

EOQdnxBXUAEV9Jj?format=jpg&name=small

I don't know why but I just can't seem to warm to him, irrespective of what colour shirt he's wearing. Every time he plays I want someone to slap him. He's the only Liverpool player I feel that way about. Strange

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't know why but I just can't seem to warm to him, irrespective of what colour shirt he's wearing. Every time he plays I want someone to slap him. He's the only Liverpool player I feel that way about. Strange

The job(s) he has done for both LFC and especially England has always left him open to criticism from fans. A lot of it is due to the tactics employed by the various managers (all of whom have consistently picked him so presumably recognised his value). With England you only have to look at how his peers have played when given the chance in his position to see how useful he is...Dier and Rice spring to mind.

He has always been an easy target even for some LFC fans and it is only really in the last couple of years that they have really appreciated what he brings to the side....Sadly, I doubt he will ever be able to please supporters of other clubs.

Just noticed that he was voted POTY by the England supporters themselves.....LFC Internet warriors must have hijacked that one!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not his ability in question, he's a very good player. It's his face. I don't know why but I simply don't like it, particularly when he's celebrating

I'd question his ability and I also don't like his face. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Wouldn't want him in my club side.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not his ability in question, he's a very good player. It's his face. I don't know why but I simply don't like it, particularly when he's celebrating

Would this have anything to do with it????????? (celebration starts at about 14 secs in).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Article doesn't open (subscription article). What's the gist of it, that Klopp and Fergie built and didnt buy success? A quick look at liverpools most expensive signings are all klopps, and not cheap. Fergie also bought lots and broke the British records several times:

Top 15 - most expensive bought

Player Club Fee Date
Virgil Van Dijk Southampton £75,000,000 1 January 2018
Alisson Becker Roma £65,000,000 * 19 July 2018
Naby Keita Red Bull Leipzig £52,750,000 1 July 2018
Mohamed Salah Roma £43,900,000 * 22 June 2017
Fabinho Tavarez AS Monaco £43,700,000 * 1 July 2018