The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Well that's Man U put firmly  in their place. Unlucky BB. Your Banker score could easily have come in mate were it not for some profligate finishing, de Gea's shot stopping and the usual VAR <deleted> whenever we play them. When the likes of G Nev and Keane both admit VVD made a fair challenge, how a supposedly unbiased official can judge it as illegal is beyond me, especially as it could never be construed as a 'clear and obvious' error by the guy allegedly in charge of the game! No doubt good old Dermot will waffle some justification on Ref Watch tonight!

Anyway....rant over and another three points in the bank. And to be fair to Man U, I thought they worked their socks off trying to keep us out. Looks like OGS does have his players' backing anyway.

• Like 1

Another 2-1 victory. We do like leaving it late! Great performance from Hendo again (POTY anyone? That would be one way of shutting up his detractors????). Gomez and Alisson (when needed) also on top form. Wouldn't mind buying Traore (even if only to avoid playing the monster twice a season!). Minamino struggled with the pace of the game when he came on but apparently he hurt his calf almost straight away so perhaps understandable.

As for the 'foul counter's' amongst you, we committed 11 on the night. (more than our average but two less than Citeh committed against Sheff Utd t'other night)????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

As for the 'foul counter's' amongst you, we committed 11 on the night. (more than our average but two less than Citeh committed against Sheff Utd t'other night)????

Oh no, not again
It hurts so good
I don't understand
Infatuation
Infatuation
Infatuation
Infatuation

Fatuate me, baby

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

I've never said we don't commit fouls mate. We do and so do all clubs. I was merely responding to Bob's Liverpool are holier than though garb

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I've never said we don't commit fouls mate. We do and so do all clubs. I was merely responding to Bob's Liverpool are holier than though garb

Just posted my thoughts on the subject on your thread mate. ????

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For clarity, I didn't say anything about Liverpool. We are <deleted> good though, happy to discuss how good ????

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For further clarity, there is absolutely no doubt about it. You are extremely good.

Do you remember maybe 2 or 3 years ago (don't fancy searching) that me and you had a conversation on here about you pulling back about 25 points and how impossible you thought it was. Well you've done that and more. I also remember you asking me if it was boring watching us win week in, week out. Well, are you bored ????

???? I'm loving every minute 

• Haha 1

Blimey what happened there chaps. 

In cruise control then hanging on in the end for a draw. Good old Adrian ????

I know Matip and Lovren have been out for a bit but they looked dreadful. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

2-2 so another game for the kids beckons. Hope they learned some lessons as they failed to build on the 3rd round display. Most were out-muscled by Shrewsbury, especially as the game wore on and the shrews grew in confidence. That said, it was the experienced guys coming back from injury who were most at fault! Sloppy passing in the first half grew even worse in the second  with Matip particularly wayward. He and Lovren reminded me of Skrtel and Coates at their worst. Playing a very high line is not a good idea without VVD and Gomez.

On a brighter note, Chirivella in the first half, Neco Williams and of course Jones were the stand outs and I think we'll have more than enough to win the replay....even if JK has gone on his hols!

EPOz36RWoAEqSE0?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

FA Cup replay scheduled for Feb 4th. That's three games in 6 days followed by a break until 15th. The option is there to rest a few regulars on Saturday v Soton and the remainder on the Tuesday. Not sure JK will go for that given his comments but you never know.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

FA Cup replay scheduled for Feb 4th. That's three games in 6 days followed by a break until 15th. The option is there to rest a few regulars on Saturday v Soton and the remainder on the Tuesday. Not sure JK will go for that given his comments but you never know.

Dear Jurgen, 

It seems clear that the fixture congestion could play a pivotal role towards the end of the season so please don’t feel obliged to play your strongest team this evening. 

Kind regards

Moyzee

• Haha 2

Facile 2-0 win without having to get out of second gear. Expected a bit more fight from a Moysie team given their current position. Only 6 fouls? bet he wishes he was back with his 'Dogs of War'!

Mo, Bobby and Gomez were the standouts. Alisson his usual composed self when needed, and Hendo with a 94% pass success rate showed Rice that he has a long way to go if he wants that England place.

Couldn't play many of the kids as they were busy.... drawing 2-2 away to Wolves in the 'International??? Cup'! Cracking overhead goal from Elliott in that one!

So, that's every other team in the Premier beaten this year and we're still only in January! Onwards and upwards.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Facile 2-0 win without having to get out of second gear. Expected a bit more fight from a Moysie team given their current position. Only 6 fouls? bet he wishes he was back with his 'Dogs of War'!

Mo, Bobby and Gomez were the standouts. Alisson his usual composed self when needed, and Hendo with a 94% pass success rate showed Rice that he has a long way to go if he wants that England place.

Couldn't play many of the kids as they were busy.... drawing 2-2 away to Wolves in the 'International??? Cup'! Cracking overhead goal from Elliott in that one!

So, that's every other team in the Premier beaten this year and we're still only in January! Onwards and upwards.????

Rice is a decent young prospect but massively overhyped. No coincidence that since his International run and media attention his form has dipped and progression stalled. 

Bit typical of a few games I’ve seen you play. No really firing on all cylinders but never really having to. If required you just pull out a bit more.  

Scary for the rest of us trying to play catch up. Well not even catch up really, just trying to compete. 

• Like 1

Popped round the auld fellas this morning to drop off the kids. Asked them what they thought about the game this morning, both him and me Ma' went in to a tirade about how shi-ite the defence is, worst they've seen it. Honest to god. 

I'm honestly starting to think they only watch it to have something to moan about, talk about glass well and truely half empty. 

I told them to stop watching.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Popped round the auld fellas this morning to drop off the kids. Asked them what they thought about the game this morning, both him and me Ma' went in to a tirade about how shi-ite the defence is, worst they've seen it. Honest to god. 

I'm honestly starting to think they only watch it to have something to moan about, talk about glass well and truely half empty. 

I told them to stop watching.

Maybe they were watching West Ham by mistake!????

Mind you, in all seriousness, there were a few 'brainfarts' occurring just before the end of the first half. I reckon a few words were said to Gomez at half time as he was soon back to his best at the re-start.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Maybe they were watching West Ham by mistake!????

Mind you, in all seriousness, there were a few 'brainfarts' occurring just before the end of the first half. I reckon a few words were said to Gomez at half time as he was soon back to his best at the re-start.

Oi I heard that!

10 minutes ago, wilai said:

Sorry bud.....watched MOTD on catch up this am and couldn't believe Brighton's first two goals

I agree. They were shocked. We were in total control. Happened a few times hence why we are where we are.