The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just watched the BVB v PSG game, I was wrong about Haaland. He didn't look that much against us but he's turning into a monster and only 19! Think Harry Kane on speed. Man U defo missed out here whilst they were arguing with his agent.....not that I'm complaining like.????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Could have done with a few of them...

Young Jones would have been a help, getting a hat-trick in the 6-0 win for the kids.???? In all honesty though (apart from a couple of seconds at the end!) I wasn't worried about us dropping points, despite WHU playing as well as they could. Thought we were always in control and could (should) have scored more (18 shots off target!). Just a pity central defence wasn't as airtight as usual!

All the lower ranked teams are raising their efforts against us but that is only to be expected. The 'Undefeated' tag is certainly a bit of a millstone round our neck but the players don't seem to let it affect them....even if The Kop does at times!????

BTW....anyone else getting sick of the commentators screaming "The flag stayed down" when everyone can see guys are yards offside but also know the new rules mean that assistant refs are told not to raise the bloody thing until the player scores! ????

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, wilai said:

Young Jones would have been a help, getting a hat-trick in the 6-0 win for the kids.???? In all honesty though (apart from a couple of seconds at the end!) I wasn't worried about us dropping points, despite WHU playing as well as they could. Thought we were always in control and could (should) have scored more (18 shots off target!). Just a pity central defence wasn't as airtight as usual!

All the lower ranked teams are raising their efforts against us but that is only to be expected. The 'Undefeated' tag is certainly a bit of a millstone round our neck but the players don't seem to let it affect them....even if The Kop does at times!????

BTW....anyone else getting sick of the commentators screaming "The flag stayed down" when everyone can see guys are yards offside but also know the new rules mean that assistant refs are told not to raise the bloody thing until the player scores! ????

Yes to be fair it wouldn't have mattered if we lost to be honest, but nice to keep momentum going, all the way to Atletico I hope. 

I honestly would have preferred Jones to Baby Keith in that match. Seems the guy is right back to square one after his injuries, I feel for him, but I'm starting to wonder long term. 

The value of Henderson as a captain also shone for me in that match. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I honestly would have preferred Jones to Baby Keith in that match. Seems the guy is right back to square one after his injuries, I feel for him, but I'm starting to wonder long term. 

The value of Henderson as a captain also shone for me in that match. 

Yep...Keita's stats are always up there, particularly the defensive side of his game but he doesn't seem to have regained his confidence in the offensive role. Bit of a quandary really as without a run of games he won't get it back but there are a number of alternatives such as AOC (who improved things as soon as he came on) and Minamino who also deserve a chance. And yes, we always miss Henderson's drive when he isn't playing.

As for Jones, and indeed Elliott (who set up 3 last night) and co. Hopefully there will be plenty of opportunities towards the end of the season as long as we don't keep chasing the 'Invincibles' tag/Points record et al once we've clinched the title.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wilai said:

Yep...Keita's stats are always up there, particularly the defensive side of his game but he doesn't seem to have regained his confidence in the offensive role. Bit of a quandary really as without a run of games he won't get it back but there are a number of alternatives such as AOC (who improved things as soon as he came on) and Minamino who also deserve a chance. And yes, we always miss Henderson's drive when he isn't playing.

As for Jones, and indeed Elliott (who set up 3 last night) and co. Hopefully there will be plenty of opportunities towards the end of the season as long as we don't keep chasing the 'Invincibles' tag/Points record et al once we've clinched the title.

Yeah it's interesting, I'm pretty sure Klopp will look at it as you have said, an opportunity to blood the youngsters and hopefully chase the CL and FA Cups with the first XI

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah it's interesting, I'm pretty sure Klopp will look at it as you have said, an opportunity to blood the youngsters and hopefully chase the CL and FA Cups with the first XI

Not sure about the FA Cup....guess we'll find out when the team for Chelsea away is announced.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

2.45 secs... "when you're thinking about crossing it you need to look and see if anyone's in the box". I give you Trent Alexander Arnold ladies and gentleman. Makes Carragher look like a Greek philosopher. 

???? He usually doesn't need to look if he's honest, one of the best attacking right backs to play the game already. Check his stats. 

^^^ Why only quote part of his response Rick? "Look for someone in the box And where runs are likely to be made." Don't see too much wrong with that tbh. Maybe if AWB took that on board he'd have more than a coupla PL assists this season????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wilai said:

^^^ Why only quote part of his response Rick? "Look for someone in the box And where runs are likely to be made." 

Doesn't really make the comment sound any less dumb. The competition for stating the obvious is high among footballers... but this is truly world class. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Doesn't really make the comment sound any less dumb. The competition for stating the obvious is high among footballers... but this is truly world class. 

Ok... miked up and on tv. How would you have immediately responded to the question?

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Ok... miked up and on tv. How would you have immediately responded to the question?

First I would have just taken a few moments to thank Gary Neville for his years of service to United. 

Yes I take your point. It's probably the media training which squeezes anything interesting they might say out them. Absence of media training is what makes boxers, golfers and tennis players the best interviewees. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

First I would have just taken a few moments to thank Gary Neville for his years of service to United.

Doubt he used him as a crossing role model though.????

Dunno about boxers mate. A week listening to Fury and Wilder on Sky nearly killed me!

18 minutes ago, wilai said:

Doubt he used him as a crossing role model though.????

He could never really shoot but G Nev had an excellent cross on him, particularly from deep. Go back and watch footage of him and Becks on the right flank and I think you'll be surprised at the quality of the link up play. 

Maybe you and Bob could get together and do that on a quiet afternoon.

• Haha 2

Apparently Werner fee has been agreed and he has been offered a 5 year contract @8m euros pa. Talks progressing well. ????

In other news, LFC have recruited Citeh's 1st XI physio, Steve Lilley. Hope the daft sods over there remember to cancel his passwords this time!????

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, wilai said:

Hope the daft sods over there remember to cancel his passwords this time!????

Or maybe not. It's easy money settling with you cheats and the additional dosh goes towards our FFP targets ????

I was wondering when one of you guys would mention that one 

• Haha 2

On 2/26/2020 at 11:21 PM, wilai said:

Apparently Werner fee has been agreed and he has been offered a 5 year contract @8m euros pa. Talks progressing well. ????

In other news, LFC have recruited Citeh's 1st XI physio, Steve Lilley. Hope the daft sods over there remember to cancel his passwords this time!????

James Pearce actually coming out and mentioning  he expects Liverpool to make an approach in the coming weeks makes me think it is a done deal, that bloke never says anything ????????

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

James Pearce actually coming out and mentioning  he expects Liverpool to make an approach in the coming weeks makes me think it is a done deal, that bloke never says anything ????????

You know how Edwards works.... I think approach will already have been made and basics completed. Just some dotting of I's and crossing of T's to be done I hope.

• Like 1