The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Make you right! My internet was dodgy during the earlier games so I nearly went to bed b4 the game. Wish I bloody well had now. We were atrocious!

You've looked more vulnerable for 4-5 weeks now. Slow to get it turned on and some spotty defensive efforts. Hard to keep it up week after week, but with CL play not a good time to be less than 100%.

• Like 2

two things.. one. how Henderson is abso  CENTRAL to the current liverpool way, today was one step away from a spanking and hendo imo would NEVER have  let that happened. ..... .. he would have harried and bullied  and led,  you may still  have lost but not in today's manner  he would have demanded more... today you just  seemed rudderless..

Two/

Lovren is a <deleted> .. and you really need shot... 

barring that..   alls good .. unless your a spurs fan and not lookin forward to playing wolves tomoro..????

• Like 1

The Reds had an eye on the Champions League. They think they have the EPL easily sewn up. They have been extremely fortunate this year, especially at home where all the decisions have gone their way. And these dodgy decisions, against the opposition,  started against Arsenal; remember.

Have to focus now. City are waiting for them to slip up. This result will give other clubs confidence to rip them apart.

Should have ground shared with Everton.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I do believe that Larry Lloyd was the first ever Pool player to wear all red.

Not sure of the relevance of mentioning blue and white kits as that stopped in 1896 (apart from our rather fetching 3rd kit of 11/12.) But I doubt Larry Lloyd had left school when we began wearing all red. Was 1964/65!????

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Virgil has lost 5 league games for Liverpool, 4 of those Lovren partnered him. The whole team were rubbish today though. That was the worst performance in 2 years. 

This team performs in rhythm, and every time there is a break in the league we are slow to get it back. This time even slower.   

Haven't seen it.

So is that the reason you lost (above), or was it a one-off or a fluke, or did Watford merit it? Loren weakens you? Gomez strengthens you? 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Haven't seen it.

So is that the reason you lost (above), or was it a one-off or a fluke, or did Watford merit it? Loren weakens you? Gomez strengthens you? 

Watford were brilliant and deserve a lot of credit. They gave us good game at Anfield in December too. 

Lovren is the scapegoat, a definite weakness, but they were all awful.

As said though, we play best when it's game after game after game, when that stops it takes a couple of games to get back at it. This season we ground it out with wins instead of draws, but still not clicking back in to gear and Watford took it by the balls

Gomez is the best British centre back in Europe. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Kids are playing Benfica away in the <19 UEFA Youth League at 22:00. Is on BT Sport 2. Jones and Williams not involved so it looks like they'll at least be in the squad for Chelsea.

For those insomniacs amongst us, Chelsea away is at 02:45 and is scheduled to be on Thai beIN Sports 1, Astro SS4 and Beeb 1.

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Kids are playing Benfica away in the <19 UEFA Youth League at 22:00. Is on BT Sport 2. Jones and Williams not involved so it looks like they'll at least be in the squad for Chelsea.

For those insomniacs amongst us, Chelsea away is at 02:45 and is scheduled to be on Thai beIN Sports 1, Astro SS4 and Beeb 1.

Maybe you should have played your kids who got you through the last round, against Chelsea.

Better performance than against Watford (couldn't have been any worse!) but problems of the last few weeks remain: 

• Fab still hasn't recovered from his injury and has lost a yard of pace. Needs to get his rhythm back quickly.
  • Finishing has been a bit slapdash of late with too much 'snatching' at shots although to be fair, the lesser spotted, much maligned Kepa did well.
  • Too many Individual errors creeping in and they cost us dearly last night.
  • Missing Hendo's drive....as 'Cinderella' sang; "Don't know what you've got till it's gone"

On the brighter side...Williams continues to impress and Minamino looks like he is getting more used to our style. Still needs to work on his fitness as he tired again 2nd half.

Kids were beaten 4-1 by an impressive and more street-wise Benfica side. Two red cards and 2 pens just about summed that one up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Minamino looks like he is getting more used to our style. Still needs to work on his fitness as he tired again 2nd half.

I definitely saw him walk down the tunnel and shake hands at the start of the game. After that I didn't see him. Thought he'd popped off to the local Teppanyaki restaurant. Loads of them in London but never saw one down Pier Head

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, crabbie2020 said:

I actually think Liverpool are going to choke as they usually do.

AM to dump them out of Champions League

MC to overtake them on last day of season LOL

Had a laugh at your post, but after 3 defeats and a narrow win maybe its a premonition from you, oh Great Wise One.

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I definitely saw him walk down the tunnel and shake hands at the start of the game. After that I didn't see him. Thought he'd popped off to the local Teppanyaki restaurant. Loads of them in London but never saw one down Pier Head

Thought he played an unfamiliar (Firmino) role quite well. Some promising combinations with Sadio. As for restaurants, you obviously haven't tried 'Etsu'....spitting distance from the Pier Head and made the Michelin Book.......don't think it does Cheesy Chips and Gravy tho' ya heathen.????

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wilai said:

Thought he played an unfamiliar (Firmino) role quite well. Some promising combinations with Sadio. As for restaurants, you obviously haven't tried 'Etsu'....spitting distance from the Pier Head and made the Michelin Book.......don't think it does Cheesy Chips and Gravy tho' ya heathen.????

After I posted, I thought I better look at player ratings on skysports and they scored him joint bottom with Fabinho on only 4 points

Etsu must have opened after I left. Surprising fact for you. Although a bit rusty (nobody to practice with), I speak Japanese. I studied it quite a long time ago and went to Japan many, many times with work projects (mainly Robotics) that we were doing with Kawasaki Heavy Industries

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

After I posted, I thought I better look at player ratings on skysports and they scored him joint bottom with Fabinho on only 4 points

Skysports ratings?!?.....I'd never take any notice of anything on there! Anyway, I'm a glass half full guy when it comes to new signings. As a number have found, it takes time to integrate into JK's system and, especially given he's played with completely different XI's in his starts, he's did ok for me. Next season is when I expect him to shine. Remember, he is used to playing off a big guy and a wide man up front. Our style is completely different.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wilai said:

Better performance than against Watford (couldn't have been any worse!) but problems of the last few weeks remain: 

• Fab still hasn't recovered from his injury and has lost a yard of pace. Needs to get his rhythm back quickly.
  • Finishing has been a bit slapdash of late with too much 'snatching' at shots although to be fair, the lesser spotted, much maligned Kepa did well.
  • Too many Individual errors creeping in and they cost us dearly last night.
  • Missing Hendo's drive....as 'Cinderella' sang; "Don't know what you've got till it's gone"

On the brighter side...Williams continues to impress and Minamino looks like he is getting more used to our style. Still needs to work on his fitness as he tired again 2nd half.

Kids were beaten 4-1 by an impressive and more street-wise Benfica side. Two red cards and 2 pens just about summed that one up!

Offline on show I thought Fabinho looked woefully short. I see he is back from injury And it showed.