The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

58 minutes ago, wilai said:

Ah well????  it's been a good ride for 2 and a half years.????

A Tale of Two Keepers!...... Oblak showed why he vies with Alisson for #1 in the world. Adrian showed why he is a reserve keeper. Terrible clearance; immediately followed by terrible positioning for the shot. Rarely do I blame individuals but there is no getting away from the fact that he cost us the tie. Alisson's injury cost us big time as many feared it would.

Cannot knock the performance even if the finishing was a bit hurried at times. 34 shots with 11 on target tells the story of the game but Oblak and the two centre backs (bet City wish they still had Savic! who was superb in both legs) managed to repel the waves of attacks.

Just the PL left now....as long a the virus allows us to complete the season. Not a bad consolation!????

We should have had a better quality reserve keeper, no disrespect to Adrian, but we've been here before with Karius, 2 matches ending the CL ride by massive keeper errors. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Serves you right for doing that ridiculous bus welcome again.

I wonder why Liverpool is the only city where so many people have time on their hands in the middle of the day to wait for a bus? 

"Middle of the day"? you need a new watch mate.????

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

"Middle of the day"? you need a new watch mate.????

Even if it's 5pm... it's the assumption that anyone is bothered or arsed about a few flares. Obviously don't have money to drink in the pub so they prefer to stand on a street corner and drink Special Brew, waiting for a bus. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Ah well????  it's been a good ride for 2 and a half years.????

A Tale of Two Keepers!...... Oblak showed why he vies with Alisson for #1 in the world. Adrian showed why he is a reserve keeper. Terrible clearance; immediately followed by terrible positioning for the shot. Rarely do I blame individuals but there is no getting away from the fact that he cost us the tie. Alisson's injury cost us big time as many feared it would.

Cannot knock the performance even if the finishing was a bit hurried at times. 34 shots with 11 on target tells the story of the game but Oblak and the two centre backs (bet City wish they still had Savic! who was superb in both legs) managed to repel the waves of attacks.

Just the PL left now....as long a the virus allows us to complete the season. Not a bad consolation!????

Think every club has certain key players that they can't cope without and your goalie is certainly in that category.

Yes you are correct about Savic. He and Nastasić were both young players with great potential who were shipped out prematurely and unnecessarily.

<deleted> off our game was postponed because if it hadn't been I would have then watched your extra time and had an even better day than I'm having now. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Even if it's 5pm... it's the assumption that anyone is bothered or arsed about a few flares. Obviously don't have money to drink in the pub so they prefer to stand on a street corner and drink Special Brew, waiting for a bus. 

Flares you say? Yeah; your lads have much better uses for them????

Manchester United fans attack club boss Ed Woodward's home with flares

Hooded figures were seen in social media footage chucking red flares over the gate of his home in Cheshire.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, wilai said:

Flares you say? Yeah; your lads have much better uses for them????

Manchester United fans attack club boss Ed Woodward's home with flares

Hooded figures were seen in social media footage chucking red flares over the gate of his home in Cheshire.

Much better use... I'd agree. Nobody was inside the property at the time... and did you notice how fast the Bruno transfer got done after that little fireworks display? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, champers said:

No shame in getting knocked out by Athletico Madrid. It is 12 years since they lost a 2 legged tie in a Euro competition to an English team. To Bolton Wanderers, if you were wondering.

Interesting game. Diouf with the winning goal, Sergio Aguero got sent off in the 73rd minute. Maxi Lopez and Forlan and Jose Reyes also playing Atleti. 

Solid Bolton team that... can't think of a more complimentary word for Kevin Davies anyway. 

Scott McTominay was asked in today's presser... as a United fan, if Liverpool didn't win the league due to a coronavirus suspension, would you be happy? Very cheeky question, and he dealt with it quite well. Anyway.... does anyone know if this is a serious possibility?

For the record, I think the right thing to do would be to award them the title and use the league table at is stands.

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

For the record, I think the right thing to do would be to award them the title and use the league table at is stands.

Whilst that works for the Title destination given our lead, it will cause big problems for other clubs involved in Euro qual, relegation and promotion. Postponing the Euros in the summer will at least give some breathing space to extend the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

There is no way they will cancel the rest of the season, the fall out legally and economically is to terrifying to consider. It will be suspended. Play 3 games a week for 3 weeks in April. End of.

Your bosses best call some favours in because it suits every club bar Liverpool to void the season.

"According to The Independent, team officials want the current season to be null and void, and disagree with the Premier League's decision to continue with the season as normal.

Others are said to be firmly against the idea of playing games behind closed doors, with Pep Guardiola stating he wanted to avoid having empty stadiums.

If the season was voided, it would mean Liverpool miss out on being crowned English champions for the first time in 31 years, despite the fact they could have won the title this weekend.

The season being voided would also be good news for the likes of Norwich City, Aston Villa and Bournemouth, who would all avoid being relegated."

The season needs to be declared null and void now. Frankly it would deny my own team promotion but would be well worth it to see the look on Kloppers face plus the rest of the whinging bin dippers.....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The logical answer would be to take a break of all football for a few weeks and see where we are then.

Reading the other day how one season finished in June and Leeds played a European tie in the September of the next season. If they force teams to play games with a 2 day turnaround anything is possible.

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s getting a bit dodgy now.,Full team such as Chelsea getting isolated With Aldo I, and with Arteta and I’m sure more Arsenal to follow I can’t see how an announcement won’t come soon. 

tomorrow morning there's a meeting with clubs, officials FA, after that you'd expect

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

tomorrow morning there's a meeting with clubs, officials FA, after that you'd expect

The sensible thing would be to suspend all games Immediately and postpone the Euros (or cancel it, good excuse, piece of sh.ite). Worrying thing is they are saying Corona is not due to peak til June time so it may well have to be suspended for many months. Not sure how that would pan out tbh. 

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The sensible thing would be to suspend all games Immediately and postpone the Euros (or cancel it, good excuse, piece of sh.ite). Worrying thing is they are saying Corona is not due to peak til June time so it may well have to be suspended for many months. Not sure how that would pan out tbh. 

I think the Euros will be postponed until 2021.

I think EPL will be suspended until relative containment and the season will be finished behind closed doors. 
Europa and CL will have to be abandoned you would have thought.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I think the Euros will be postponed until 2021.

I think EPL will be suspended until relative containment and the season will be finished behind closed doors. 
Europa and CL will have to be abandoned you would have thought.

Don't get your logic. EPL not abandoned but Europa and CL abandoned. Why? Or was your post tongue in cheek?

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

the fall out legally and economically is to terrifying to consider

For the PL, I'm not sure. I'd expect them to have something written in contracts with sponsors which covers them for unexpected events such as this, and wars etc... I think they'd be silly not to.

How the clubs will suffer as a result of the lost gate money is another questions.

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

For the PL, I'm not sure. I'd expect them to have something written in contracts with sponsors which covers them for unexpected events such as this, and wars etc... I think they'd be silly not to.

How the clubs will suffer as a result of the lost gate money is another questions.

I was considering clubs potentially coming up and clubs that might have been in European spots like Leicester. And as you've mentioned gates, we'd lose lower league clubs all over the place.

Considering there are only 9 games left they might be able to postpone until the summer with the Euros gone. 

I read someone mentioned a 60 day postponed period is maximum as per FA law, after hat it's abandoned.  

Edited by BangrakBob

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

clubs that might have been in European spots like Leicester

My heart bleeds ????.......... stop the season now, get City's expulsion from CL finalised, 5th place qualifies, job done. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

My heart bleeds ????.......... stop the season now, get City's expulsion from CL finalised, 5th place qualifies, job done. 

I honestly think the best way to avoid any legal actions which might cause further delay, is just resume when possible.

Finish a season that is 75% done, fair for all.

Start a new season when possible, which may be shorter season, but a level starting platform for all.