The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Hi Maxi.....Spent a decent coupla years in red. Tidy player and got some important goals including a couple of Hat Tricks????

He's a favorite of mine. He's still an active footballer for Newell's Old Boys.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, wilai said:

Hi Maxi.....Spent a decent coupla years in red. Tidy player and got some important goals including a couple of Hat Tricks????

Loves a cuddle too. 

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Sports Awards......Good night for the Reds!????

POTY.............Jordan Henderson

MOTY.............Jurgen Klopp

YPOTY............Trent Alexander-Arnold

Team of the Year:    7 LFC players included.

9 hours ago, wilai said:

5ea59329-dbd2-4dbb-a5b0-55c92f8e3797.png

IMO, the C-19 thing came just at the right time for Liverpool. Their last few games showed they were on the slippery slope. What was is now? Thrashed by The Hornets. Dumped out of Europe by AM. Did they also lose another game? can't quite remember without looking it up. City could have well hauled them in.

How can anyone pick a EPL team leaving out Adama Traoré, the WW player? An absolute breath of fresh air. Does not go down if someone touches him. Stays on his feet, and keeps running, when his legs are taken from under him.

This C-19 will stop all the hugging, stroking, kissing, licking, touching and biting that The Red's fans (and others) had became accustomed to. After all it's a man's game not a ladyboy's game. Leave the hugging and kissing to the ladies.

Stan Cullis lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

City could have well hauled them in.

Wish I was your local bookie????

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

How can anyone pick a EPL team leaving out Adama Traoré, the WW player? An absolute breath of fresh air. Does not go down if someone touches him. Stays on his feet, and keeps running, when his legs are taken from under him.

A cracking player I agree and should get a move to a bigger club soon (unless his frequent shoulder dislocations scupper it!) But Team of the season? Who would he replace on the right? TAA?....nope. Salah?....no chance. So that leaves De Bruyne? Never! Subs bench only I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, wilai said:

A cracking player I agree and should get a move to a bigger club soon (unless his frequent shoulder dislocations scupper it!) But Team of the season? Who would he replace on the right? TAA?....nope. Salah?....no chance. So that leaves De Bruyne? Never! Subs bench only I'm afraid.

De Bruyne has not been at his best this season. What about Billy Gilmour? And I'd rather have Traoré than Aguero going on what I saw in this curtailed season. Does Doherty not get a shout?

Manager of the half-season; Chris Wilder (Sheff Utd).

"A bigger club?" Wolves are a giant of a club. The biggest and the best (in the world) in the 1950s. I can remember them putting 9 past Fulham and 8 past Chelsea. Managed by Stan Cullis; a man of principle and a 'great' manager. Short back and sides were the order of the day. And if he thought one of his players was play-acting he would say so openly. He encouraged his players to mix with the common folk when not training.

Spurs, of the double season. spoilt it. They started the 'over-the-top' celebrations in England. It sparked a new era, and Stan couldn't cut the mustard any more. Long hair and ill-discipline did it in for him.

Bill Shankly spoke fondly and honestly of him both as a player, a manager and as perhaps most importantly; a man. He was warned in 1937 (I think; without looking it up) that he would never play for England again if he failed to give the Nazi salute before an upcoming game in Germany. He wouldn't and that game was his last.

A real man of principle. Puts a lot of today's football top names to shame.

^ I didn't pick the team Owl.....it was based on the number of votes given to each player by supporters on the BBC website. Doherty is good in Fantasy football but not a better RB than TAA or AWB for example. Gilmour?? How does playing 99 mins of premiership football all season get you into a 'Team of the Season'? Get real mate......and we're not living in the 50's either????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wilai said:

5ea59329-dbd2-4dbb-a5b0-55c92f8e3797.png

Edit: just noticed Fernades in the team. He's played 5 times in the PL in a total of 9 times for ManU. Sorry but surely his selection makes a mockery of that BBC selection.

The Athletic's:

E7imNKSH.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seems it was always going to be between him and KdB.

Mane was actually runner up.

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Edit: just noticed Fernades in the team. He's played 5 times in the PL in a total of 9 times for ManU. Sorry but surely his selection makes a mockery of that BBC selection.

Many LFC fans commented similar.....but it's votes that count and he received more than his rivals.

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

De Bruyne has not been at his best this season. What about Billy Gilmour? And I'd rather have Traoré than Aguero going on what I saw in this curtailed season. Does Doherty not get a shout?

Manager of the half-season; Chris Wilder (Sheff Utd).

"A bigger club?" Wolves are a giant of a club. The biggest and the best (in the world) in the 1950s. I can remember them putting 9 past Fulham and 8 past Chelsea. Managed by Stan Cullis; a man of principle and a 'great' manager. Short back and sides were the order of the day. And if he thought one of his players was play-acting he would say so openly. He encouraged his players to mix with the common folk when not training.

Spurs, of the double season. spoilt it. They started the 'over-the-top' celebrations in England. It sparked a new era, and Stan couldn't cut the mustard any more. Long hair and ill-discipline did it in for him.

Bill Shankly spoke fondly and honestly of him both as a player, a manager and as perhaps most importantly; a man. He was warned in 1937 (I think; without looking it up) that he would never play for England again if he failed to give the Nazi salute before an upcoming game in Germany. He wouldn't and that game was his last.

A real man of principle. Puts a lot of today's football top names to shame.

Owl knows all??!! Owl knows next to nothing. Lay off the grain alcohol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just 10 of the first team squad turned up for training on Wednesday. Klopp says it is up to the players and there will be no sanctions for those absent. Will they manage to get a team out when the season resumes?

20 minutes ago, champers said:

Just 10 of the first team squad turned up for training on Wednesday. Klopp says it is up to the players and there will be no sanctions for those absent. Will they manage to get a team out when the season resumes?

Mischievous reporting from someone I think. There were were actually two 'staggered' training sessions...with ten in each one split into two groups of five so no worries mate. Didn't see any notable absentees in training pics.

Try not to get Mr BJ's hopes up too much Champs????

• Like 1

Backroom changes:. Marc Bridge-Wilkinson has taken over as <18 coach replacing Barry Lewtas who is confirmed as taking charge of the <23's following Neil Critchley's appointment as Manager of Blackpool

MBW's playing career was as a midfielder/winger in the lower leagues mainly with Port Vale, Bradford City and Carlisle.

41 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If I were you I'd be worried about any title celebrations. Not sure thousands of people will be permitted to congregate by August, but can your fans be trusted not to do so?

Not all of them no. Hopefully, most will recall the fact that the Atletico events caused a number of unnecessary deaths to occur and do as they are asked. The Police have issued a statement just now saying they have no objections to any home games being played at Anfield (or Woodison for that matter). They are satisfied that they can provide the level of policing required around the grounds.

A 'Bus Tour' through the City or indeed any specific celebratory event would however present a more complex operation and I doubt permission will be granted given the current protocols. We'll just have to be patient.

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

If I were you I'd be worried about any title celebrations. Not sure thousands of people will be permitted to congregate by August, but can your fans be trusted not to do so?

It will be interesting to see how Liverpool restart their season. Will they back to their best or remain on the slippery slope and hand the title to one of their rivals? After all, they had lost 4 of their last 6 matches.

Teams might be willing to get at them after the C-19 break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It will be interesting to see how Liverpool restart their season. Will they back to their best or remain on the slippery slope and hand the title to one of their rivals? After all, they had lost 4 of their last 6 matches.

Teams might be willing to get at them after the C-19 break.

Owl fly back to your cover of Darkness????

If Mcity win their remaining 10 matchs. a big IF

Lpool only have to pick up 6 points from their remaining 9 matchs

What r u smoking????

• Like 2