The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 6/29/2020 at 12:41 AM, Kadilo said:

......or the internet 

Just seen this... 5 laughs, nice one!

Three from 'scousers', one from softdog, and one from a City fan.

Or is softdog a city fan? I forget. Either way well done. 

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Just seen this... 5 laughs, nice one!

Three from 'scousers', one from softdog, and one from a City fan.

Or is softdog a city fan? I forget. Either way well done. 

I’m not sure what the significance is of which team they support but thanks. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 3:08 AM, balo said:

I agree , we're not even close. But still way ahead of Arsenal... ???? 

Who knows... We've got  son Kane lucas Alli bergy all of whom imo will  deliver at least  10  plus and a decent midfield that'll bac it up... With a couple of decent defensive signings,  I really can't see Mori putting up with our week in week out <deleted> ups.. can you ?   we won't be far short..  or am seeing things?

After the Lord Mayor's Show as they say...... Fair play to City though. De Bruyne, Foden and Sterling were brilliant at breaking through the lines once the initial press was beaten. And then were clinical in their finishing (even when they weren't AOC finished the job for them!).

On the other hand, we seemed to lack concentration all over the pitch. Don't like to slag off individuals and don't have to in reality as virtually the whole team were below par for large parts of the game. You have to be at 100% mentally and physically when you play City and we were nowhere near. I doubt JK was as forgiving to the players in private as he appeared to be in public.

Big improvement needed next week as defeat to Villa would be an embarrassment. Hope this kick up the backside will shake the lads out of their Post Celebration hangovers. Good chance for a couple of the kids to make a mark as well!

We may have lost the battle but we still won the bloody war!????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/3/2020 at 9:32 PM, jellydog said:

Exactly. The boozing plus City did you in. ????

Yes did us in when it least counted...Hard to fathom how such a good side is still 20 points behind us. Hope you can make it a little more competitive next season. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes did us in when it least counted...Hard to fathom how such a good side is still 20 points behind us. Hope you can make it a little more competitive next season. ????

I figure if Liverpool had been less lucky this season, and City luckier, you still would have won by 10 points. Too many chinks in City's armor this season to overcome, and your lads were fated.

18 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I figure if Liverpool had been less lucky this season, and City luckier, you still would have won by 10 points. Too many chinks in City's armor this season to overcome, and your lads were fated.

This was not a series of Vikings dude, fate tis but a myth, just as record breaking league titles aren't lucky. 

We're going to be better next season my friend, ya better get spending! ????

8 hours ago, wilai said:

Lots of talk that terms agreed with Thiago Alcantara. Great player and a Klopp favourite......so I expect an imminent bid from Chelsea ????

Fab, Thiago and Keita going forward, ooh-la-la

On 7/5/2020 at 7:23 AM, BangrakBob said:

Fab, Thiago and Keita going forward, ooh-la-la

Well Fab, AOC and Keita didn't look too hot!.....Very pedestrian and lacking in tempo all round. Only bright spots were Alisson, Keita in glimpses and Curtis when he came on near the end. Gonna have to liven up a bit if we are to  hit 100 points

16 hours ago, wilai said:

Well Fab, AOC and Keita didn't look too hot!.....Very pedestrian and lacking in tempo all round. Only bright spots were Alisson, Keita in glimpses and Curtis when he came on near the end. Gonna have to liven up a bit if we are to  hit 100 points

Yeah it was pretty flat again. They did look livelier with the last 20 min changes. 

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Henderson ruled out for remainder of the season with a knee injury. No op needed apparently so should be ok for start of next season. 

Yeah bad news for you.. I know others have received the plaudits but.. for me and what I've seen .. your just not the same without him.. his drive and commitment..v dificult to replace.

• Like 2