The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ????

#100clublimitedadmission

Haha like your boss could do it like ours did, no chance. 

We got what we came for. You can't expect these lads to keep it up after winning it like they did, no real point except records that don't give you trophies. 

On 7/16/2020 at 4:02 PM, mrbojangles said:

Well you would say that today wouldn't you ???? Come on, admit it, you were hoping you could join us in the club

Honestly not bothered, to win the league after 30 years with whatever points is enough for me. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, mrbojangles said:

Screenshot_20200716-091458.jpg

Meaningless when you consider the squad inherited by Pep compared to Klopp and money spent. 

My point was there is no chance Pep could have done what Klopp has done as a manager because he's only every managed the top team in the league he has went to. How is that proving he is great when he manages an all star team already at the top with a bottomless pit of cash everywhere he goes. 

Klopp started at Mainz and worked his way up, success built on an outstanding ability to get the most out players without having to spend a small country's annual budget.

I'm not denying Pep is not a good manager, but it will always be for me a matter of proving it with less resources. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, Kadilo said:

All this 100 points stuff is a load about nothing. Everyone knows 40 points is where it’s at. 

Or 42 as in the case of WHU. Relegated on 42 points (season 2002/2003).

Drew last game with Brum away. Still would have gone down if they had won that game (44 points).

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Decent game to watch. Chelsea at their best at times and worst at others but at least they didn't park the bus like others would have done needing only a point (not sure they are capable of that tho with their CB's and GK). Always thought we could step up a gear so was never worried.

Keita will be like a new signing if he stay's fit....and lasts for more than 60 mins per game. (Think I said that 12 months ago so am a bit concerned).Thought we dozed off on a few occasions and JG has to remember which side of the pitch he's supposed to cover! but overall it was a good performance and we would have had more if Mo hadn't put his boots on the wrong feet!

• Like 1

You couldn't make this up. ????

Liverpool’s Fabinho burgled during Premier League title celebrations

Liverpool's Fabinho had his home burgled as the midfielder celebrated the club’s first Premier League title win.

It is understood thieves broke into the Brazilian's home somewhere between 3pm on Wednesday July 22 and 4am on Thursday July 23.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12035111/liverpools-fabinho-burgled-during-premier-league-title-celebrations

^ Happens all too often both here and abroad when games are on. No idea why all players don't hire security for match nights. Lucky that families were allowed to attend the game at the last minute otherwise his missus may have been at home when the b'stds broke in.

37 minutes ago, wilai said:

Lallana off to Brighton at end of contract. Three year deal.

Bit of a surprise. 
Though me may have gone back to Southampton. Seemed a good fit. 
Maybe Hasselhoffen has enough oldies. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Bit of a surprise. 
Though me may have gone back to Southampton. Seemed a good fit. 
Maybe Hasselhoffen has enough oldies. 

Think it involves coaching. Heard their DoF  Dan Ashworth has been tapping him for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Barcelona paid 140M for Continho to come on score 2 goals against them in a CL quarter-final ????????????????

Rio Ferdinand reckoned Liverpool were lucky to catch Bayern in transition last year when Liverpool owned Bayern at the Alliance. This year he reckons they are the perfect team. Literally the same <deleted> team. Thick as pig shiiiite that lad. 

On 8/15/2020 at 7:35 AM, BangrakBob said:

Barcelona paid 140M for Continho to come on score 2 goals against them in a CL quarter-final ????????????????

And I read somewhere that Barca will have to pay another 5 or 6m to Liverpool if he wins the CL with Bayern, as the clause about if he wins the CL was player specific and not club specific. Hope that's true

• Like 1