The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

https://apple.news/ANuLG3SmjQMe9stOFCx0XmA

Soon made his mind up about Suarez. 

Wow, that's some statement if true. 

I'd have him back for a season for his sheer brilliance inside the box. I doubt Klopp would touch him with a barge pole, not the type of personality he would want in his squad. Suarez is a bit of a <deleted>. 

Edited by BangrakBob

46 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Wow, that's some statement if true. 

I'd have him back for a season for his sheer brilliance inside the box. I doubt Klopp would touch him with a barge pole, not the type of personality he would want in his squad. Suarez is a bit of a <deleted>. 

Messi has another year on his contract. I bet he wishes he could get the fork out of there right now.

• Haha 1

My take on the Alcontara situation is that Gini Wijnaldum has been fluttering his eyekashes at Barca for quite a whlle. Once that decision is made, if Gini goes he will be replaced in a straight swap with Thiago. Perfect replacement. Then we can decide if any others are needed. 

• Like 2

Well at least we provide entertainment!....... So bloody casual at the back it's untrue. TAA/Gomez and VVDneed to stop reading all the plaudits and concentrate on their bloody day jobs! One of the most annoying performances I've witnessed from this squad. Even Mane and Salah (who was otherwise excellent) <deleted> around trying to get goal of the season when we only led by a single goal!

Anyway rant over! Great game for the neutrals and Leeds certainly played their part. Some good wide players and a strong midfield. Should improve as well when 1st choice CB's are back. Doubt they'll have problems staying up. Keep playing like that and top ten is definitely a possibility.

As for our lot, Salah looks as sharp and enthusiastic as ever. Wijnaldum and Henderson were both good and Robbo was the bright spark in the defence. Bobby had a shocker and Mane was quiet but in the end we just about deserved the win (check stats if you don't believe me!) and we move on.....Bank of Chelsea away so it doesn't get any easier????

Typical start of the season match for us. Again though managing to do a United in the 90s and get the win in the end. 

Thought Mo Salah was brilliant and having him on form and firing right now is needed. 

Mohamed Salah for Liverpool against Leeds: ◉ Most touches (87) ◉ Most completed passes in final third (35) ◉ Most shots (9) ◉ Most take-ons completed (7) ◉ Most chances created (4) ◉ Most shots on target (3) ◉ Most goals (3)

Liverpool have won 41 of 42 premier league games in which Mo Salah had 45 or more touches since jan 1st 2018

Thought Leeds looked good, they came to play and win, more balls than most that come to Anfield. Glad that fixture is out of the way, they will surely knock over some big names this season. 

Midfield and defence was ordinary and to be fair to the backs when our midfield is not playing to the system and leaving massive holes in the line, our backs are exposed badly. 

I'd like to see a couple more players moved out and some fresh talent come in. 

On to the next one, Chelsea away, cannot wait. 

Edited by BangrakBob

Well Rick G........Hope you're happy with LFC finally  improving their squad!.????...As I said weeks ago, the transfer window stays open until 5th Oct and just because we don't chase every name under the sun, it does not mean we are not working on our priorities. In our case, a World Class midfielder and decent LB cover. Maybe more to come but as I told you at the time, whatever JK and ME decide is fine by me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Brewster to Sheffield United for 25M 

Only thing that helps is my Fantasy Team!!!....Loan is ok but I don't want him sold, even with a buy back (never seen one of them work!). It's not as if we need the money and I'd love to see him as our attacking option instead of Origi this season.

43 minutes ago, wilai said:

Only thing that helps is my Fantasy Team!!!....Loan is ok but I don't want him sold, even with a buy back (never seen one of them work!). It's not as if we need the money and I'd love to see him as our attacking option instead of Origi this season.

Sarr money?

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Sarr money?

Not sure about him personally. Sure he's very quick but also very raw. Other than against us, he's been <deleted> every time I've seen him. Would much rather we developed Brewster.

Sarr to LFC odds now 1/10. Some big money gone on there!

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1