The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Looks like the sales have started........Ki-Jana Hoever to Wolves for 13.5 million. Decent price for a third choice right back! Good prospect though so Wolves will be happy as well.

Looks like we will pick up Diogo Jota in returrn. Decent back up for the front three

Edited by wilai
update

Apparently we didn't want Hoever to go but he was after 1st team football sooner rather than later. Expect to see him in Wolves 1st XI before long as Doherty's replacement. Anyway 13.5m is a decent amount and we also have a 15% sell on clause.

Shaping up that's for sure.

Excellent addition Jota would be and when I say he can make a Salah impact I say that firmly. This guy ain't being brought in as a backup and that is very clear. He's looking to take someone's spot. Difficult task but that is the kind of player the reds will be paying top dollar for. 3 hat tricks already maybe four. Says it all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Apparently we didn't want Hoever to go but he was after 1st team football sooner rather than later. Expect to see him in Wolves 1st XI before long as Doherty's replacement. Anyway 13.5m is a decent amount and we also have a 15% sell on clause.

Fiat play to the lad, no way he's getting minutes this season 

15 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Excellent addition Jota would be and when I say he can make a Salah impact I say that firmly. This guy ain't being brought in as a backup and that is very clear. He's looking to take someone's spot. Difficult task but that is the kind of player the reds will be paying top dollar for. 3 hat tricks already maybe four. Says it all. 

Shaping up indeed. This is some proper strengthening and team shake up, just what champions need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

Of course he is back up. Although he will certainly get minutes. He can cover all three front players, especially Mane but no way has he been bought as a replacement.

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Of course he is back up. Although he will certainly get minutes. He can cover all three front players, especially Mane but no way has he been bought as a replacement.

You wont' be happy with this either surely... because you also said you don't need strengthening. 

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I agree, but why were you saying you didn't need strengthening just a few weeks ago?

We were also saying that the transfer window was open until Oct 5th so that left plenty of time should JK identify areas that needed strengthening.so......back up LB...check. World Class midfielder at decent price....check. back up striker....check. All in all a pretty satisfactory window with just a few days to go. How are your shower doing? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

We were also saying that the transfer window was open until Oct 5th so that left plenty of time should JK identify areas that needed strengthening.so......back up LB...check. World Class midfielder at decent price....check. back up striker....check. All in all a pretty satisfactory window with just a few days to go. How are your shower doing? 

That's all fine, but you said you didn't need strengthening. I said you did if you were going to retain, and that JK would agree with me.

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You wont' be happy with this either surely... because you also said you don't need strengthening. 

Wrong....I said that if JK decided to keep the same squad I was happy with that and that I trusted his judgement. He and Edwards were always looking to strengthen the squad if possible. This they have done spectacularly well  and I am happy with that as well.

Just now, wilai said:

Wrong....I said that if JK decided to keep the same squad I was happy with that and that I trusted his judgement. He and Edwards were always looking to strengthen the squad if possible. This they have done spectacularly well  and I am happy with that as well.

Ever thought about going into politics.

So now you are saying you don't have any kind of opinion, and just follow what JK says without any thoughts of your own? You did say you'd be happy with what he decided, but you also had your own opinion, and that was that you didn't need strengthening.

I think @wilai has just blown his chance at top level management. Or even Pattaya League. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thiago is great but what about the elephant in the room. Your Club Captain really shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI now. Time to make a tough decision?

You mean the POTY. You mancs don't half come out with rubbish when frustrated. You slagging Hendo when you have a donkey like Maatic is bordering on farcical????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

You mean the POTY. You mancs don't half come out with rubbish when frustrated. You slagging Hendo when you have a donkey like Maatic is bordering on farcical????

I'm not saying he didn't have a good season... An amazing one in fact. But with Thiago there who misses out?

I think @wilai has just blown his chance at top level management. Or even Pattaya League. 

Well I stuffed you last year and you don't appear to have had the bottle to enter this year! PM me your e-mail and I'll send an invite.if you want your ass kicking again????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Well I stuffed you last year and you don't appear to have had the bottle to enter this year! PM me your e-mail and I'll send an invite.if you want your ass kicking again????

Fair point. I'm already in a few mini leagues. How many in the TVF one this year?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

I'm not saying he didn't have a good season... An amazing one in fact. But with Thiago there who misses out?

No-one will miss out. All of the mids will play their fair share of matches. Milner will probably be used more as a back up this year...and we don't know if Gini will be staying yet (Although I think he probably will)

• Like 1

Fair point. I'm already in a few mini leagues. How many in the TVF one this year?

Twenty one at the moment so room for more. There was a hitch with the code initially but I can get around it using the invite. I just need an email. If it hasn't changed since you joined TV I have access to it (mod priv) otherwise PM me and I'll send an invite.

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You've not watched us enough recently if you think that.

Can only go off what I've seen. With your style of play maybe Henderson is more suitable. But then doesn't that make Thiago an odd signing... He likes to dictate the pace of the game from midfield.

Just now, RickG16 said:

Can only go off what I've seen. With your style of play maybe Henderson is more suitable. But then doesn't that make Thiago an odd signing... He likes to dictate the pace of the game from midfield.

Our pace and forward movement has been lacking when Henderson has not been driving at the helm. 

Both him and Thiago can play deeper roles also. I think with the amount of football ahead of us, and if Gini leaves, plenty of room for all. 

Thiago brings a whole other dimension to this team, I don't think it would matter what team/players you already have, you'd take him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

Twenty one at the moment so room for more. There was a hitch with the code initially but I can get around it using the invite. I just need an email. If it hasn't changed since you joined TV I have access to it (mod priv) otherwise PM me and I'll send an invite.

Do you need my email for TVF or that I use for the fantasy?

Decent enough performance in our first game against a 'Park the Bus XI'. Certainly didn't expect Chelsea to be the culprits especially with us playing a makeshift defence. Talking of which;, for me, Fabinho was MoM (sorry Sadio!). Looked like he'd played CB all his career. Good job too as Matip will be out for a while!

Alisson (when called upon) and of course Sadio also stood out. Thiago slotted in with ease and apart from his brainfart looked the star that he is. Will be fantastic to watch as long as he can steer clear of injury. We have another Alonso to love! Bit of OPTA info. He completed 75 successful passes. Not only more than any Chelsea player managed in 90 mins, but the most ever by a player in 45 mins since the stats started in 2003.

Easy enough three points but tougher tasks lie ahead...starting with Arsenal next Tuesday. Another silly o'clock K/O beckons!????

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Decent enough performance in our first game against a 'Park the Bus XI'. Certainly didn't expect Chelsea to be the culprits especially with us playing a makeshift defence. Talking of which;, for me, Fabinho was MoM (sorry Sadio!). Looked like he'd played CB all his career. Good job too as Matip will be out for a while!

Alisson (when called upon) and of course Sadio also stood out. Thiago slotted in with ease and apart from his brainfart looked the star that he is. Will be fantastic to watch as long as he can steer clear of injury. We have another Alonso to love!

Easy enough three points but tougher tasks lie ahead...starting with Arsenal next Tuesday. Another silly o'clock K/O beckons!????

I wouldn't rate woolwich too highly mate....they can't even muster one fan on here these days!

• Haha 1