The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

What could tip the  scales is the progression of 18 year old Layton Stewart (not forgetting Paul Glatzel 19). Stewart got another hat trick at the weekend. Both would be ready for first XI outings in a year or so. Could end up overtaking Brewster in the pecking order? so 25m with a buy-back clause could be a good deal.

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

What could tip the  scales is the progression of 18 year old Layton Stewart (not forgetting Paul Glatzel 19). Stewart got another hat trick at the weekend. Both would be ready for first XI outings in a year or so. Could end up overtaking Brewster in the pecking order? so 25m with a buy-back clause could be a good deal.

He needs to play senior football every week, he was flourishing at the end of last season. 

And with Mbappe coming in next season, I don't like his chances of getting a run of games ????

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What did you think of Fabinho's effort at CB? Impressive again, I doubt we are going to go for a 4th CB now, but again it's the same problem, Matip out for a month minimum every time. 

Yeah....think I mentioned it earlier. I thought he was immense, particularly in the one v ones against probably one of the quickest players in the league. Used his nouse to put his body in the right position every time. I doubt we'd be able to get anyone nearly as good who'd be happy to be a 4th choice! CB problem solved I think????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Maybe he's really a better CB than midfielder like Kompany was.

Nope.....equally good in either position....and RB as well but we're not short in that area in fact we're selling them off. If the sheikh has 50m to spare, we might let you have one. Must be at least two transfer windows since you bought one????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wilai said:

Rumours that Gini has rejected a new contract but will remain at LFC this season before leaving on a free....not confirmed as yet.

it's over the length the of contract no? Offered 3 wanted 4 ????????‍♂️ 

Edited by BangrakBob

Lincoln 2 - 7 LFC. Decent performance by the stiffs debutants and kids(....and VVD 1st half). Worth waking up for purely for the quality of the goals. Curtis and Taki with two each, Grujic, Shaqiri and Origi with the others. Jones was (again) probably MoM although Minamino and Shaqiri ran him close. Minamino slotted into the 'Firmino Role' effortlessly and looks more and more settled. Rhys Williams looked extremely promising making his debut at CB.

One thing I noticed was Shaq's inswinging corners. Nothing came from them but they were hit with so much venom and swerve into dangerous areas that , given the chance, it's only a matter of time.....if VVD allows as he prefers outswingers. Finally, no Brewster or Wilson selected so possibly a clue as to who will be leaving?

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, wilai said:

Nope.....equally good in either position....and RB as well but we're not short in that area in fact we're selling them off. If the sheikh has 50m to spare, we might let you have one. Must be at least two transfer windows since you bought one????

We bought a RB last season, called Cancelo. 

It's a top LB that's the holy grail for us.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

yep you are correct, it was some speculating bell whiffer. Nothing confirmed

More promising rumours on #twatter,TA and AB both had Covid tests. Thar's why they allegedly didn't train with the others. Tests were clear apparently so here;s hoping.

• Like 1

Well that was some performance. The level of pressing particularly in the first half was incredible. We should have finished them off in the first half. The pass from VvD to Firmino for our first goal was again another level. 

Scary to watch that high line defense though, really playing on the edge against a front 3 that are quick and deadly. 

Thought Fab was outstanding as was Gomez, Mane again a cut above. 

The most exciting prospect was Diogo Jota, could of had a hat trick, but what am impact cameo. Puzzled to see Mane come off but he was right to bring that lad on. 

I can't see how he is going to be kept out of that side. Are we looking at a 4-2-3-1 option? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I can't see how he is going to be kept out of that side. Are we looking at a 4-2-3-1 option? 

He'll certainly be fun when he gets his chance. Only problem is he plays on the left so in a 4-2-3-1 formation either Mane moves to 'Point'or Jota himself plays there. Normally we use Salah for that position. Interesting one for JK to work on. The '2' would be Fab and Thiago. Plenty of goals.....probably at both ends????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

He'll certainly be fun when he gets his chance. Only problem is he plays on the left so in a 4-2-3-1 formation either Mane moves to 'Point'or Jota himself plays there. Normally we use Salah for that position. Interesting one for JK to work on. The '2' would be Fab and Thiago. Plenty of goals.....probably at both ends????

Has Thiago got Covid?