Jump to content
BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Liverpool FC thread 2019

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Will you carry on with the kids in the next round against Arsenal or field more experience?

It's a very good question, but I really hope so. Considering it's Arsenal, there may be a few more seniors I guess, unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It's a very good question, but I really hope so. Considering it's Arsenal, there may be a few more seniors I guess, unfortunately. 

The trend seems to be in general to go with the youngsters until the competition starts to get serious then start adding the seniors. 

 

You never know with Klopp. Be great if he held out and kept with the younguns all the way but would he want to risk bombing out of this Cup earlier than expected. How high do you think he rates success in it vs giving the younguns is the experience for the future? 

 

I guess theres a balance to have which gives him a win win. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The trend seems to be in general to go with the youngsters until the competition starts to get serious then start adding the seniors. 

 

You never know with Klopp. Be great if he held out and kept with the younguns all the way but would he want to risk bombing out of this Cup earlier than expected. How high do you think he rates success in it vs giving the younguns is the experience for the future? 

 

I guess theres a balance to have which gives him a win win. 

 

I honestly believe if Klopp had his way he would let the kids play it through. Media and a certain section of fans would probably make that more trouble than it's worth.

Long-term it's the best thing to do. Look at those Chelsea lads thriving, it's a breath of fresh air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I honestly believe if Klopp had his way he would let the kids play it through. Media and a certain section of fans would probably make that more trouble than it's worth.

Long-term it's the best thing to do. Look at those Chelsea lads thriving, it's a breath of fresh air. 

I agree. The long term payback of possibly losing out on this competition would be worth it in most opinions. 

Yes, I’m impressed by what Lampard is doing there. Maybe forced into it to a certain degree re Transfer situation, but nevertheless he seems to believe in giving the kids opportunities and clearly paying dividends so far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see young Irish lad start in Goals.

Hope he just runs with the young guys in this cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Good to see young Irish lad start in Goals.

Hope he just runs with the young guys in this cup.

He was brilliant 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 2:41 AM, BangrakBob said:

It's a very good question, but I really hope so. Considering it's Arsenal, there may be a few more seniors I guess, unfortunately. 

Looks like one of them may have been ineligible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit arrogant isnt it.

 

 

Liverpool Football Club's bid to trademark the word Liverpool in products and services has failed due to its "geographical significance".

 

The Spirit of Shankly supporters group welcomed the decision and said the word Liverpool should not become the property of the football club's owners.

 

A spokesman said: "It belongs to the city of Liverpool and its people.

"We should all be allowed to use it freely, however we see fit, without fear of legal letters dropping through our doors."

 

Liverpool Walton MP Dan Carden said he was "delighted" with the decision, which he said the club had accepted "gracefully".

 

He added: "I know this news will be welcomed by independent traders, local football clubs and others who contribute so much to our fan culture."

 

City of Liverpool FC, previously said a trademark would be "a massive gaffe".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like one of them may have been ineligible

 

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool attempt to trademark “Carabao Cup” to avoid being thrown out for fielding an ineligible player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bit arrogant isnt it.

 

 

Liverpool Football Club's bid to trademark the word Liverpool in products and services has failed due to its "geographical significance".

 

The Spirit of Shankly supporters group welcomed the decision and said the word Liverpool should not become the property of the football club's owners.

 

A spokesman said: "It belongs to the city of Liverpool and its people.

"We should all be allowed to use it freely, however we see fit, without fear of legal letters dropping through our doors."

 

Liverpool Walton MP Dan Carden said he was "delighted" with the decision, which he said the club had accepted "gracefully".

 

He added: "I know this news will be welcomed by independent traders, local football clubs and others who contribute so much to our fan culture."

 

City of Liverpool FC, previously said a trademark would be "a massive gaffe".

 

 

It was being done to support the Nike kit deal. LFC are taking a lower annual fee in the region of 30M per/year and a 20% of shirt sales. The trademarking attempt was to lower the risk on this business model, with counterfeit shirts being that risk. 

 

This approach to profit share is very forward thinking, knowing the reach of Nike and how they can position LFC product's beyond the football market. 

 

High risk, but higher profit on the kit deal. 

 

Nothing arrogant about it in the context. 

Edited by BangrakBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we could do with subbing Hendo here and get Oxlade on, need some creativity in that midfield. 

 

Seems like the Blades have been listening to Carra and his suggestion to attack down the flanks. 

 

Need to score those goals like the Mane misses in a game like this. That's what separates champions from bridesmaids.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like one of them may have been ineligible

yeah that's Klopp trying to dump this cup for less games, genius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another undeserved win. Mo <deleted>....again, Mane wasteful, Hendo back pass legend, Trent worse game I've seen him play, Robbo average at best....3 points from a Goalie error. 

 

Again though, Divok Origi.....changed the shape and face of the game at the right time. So under-rated. 

 

Fabinho best in show today. 

Edited by BangrakBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

 

It was being done to support the Nike kit deal. LFC are taking a lower annual fee in the region of 30M per/year and a 20% of shirt sales. The trademarking attempt was to lower the risk on this business model, with counterfeit shirts being that risk. 

 

This approach to profit share is very forward thinking, knowing the reach of Nike and how they can position LFC product's beyond the football market. 

 

High risk, but higher profit on the kit deal. 

 

Nothing arrogant about it in the context. 

Clearly lots of people in liverpool don't agree with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Clearly lots of people in liverpool don't agree with it.

no one agreed with it, but it made sense what they were trying to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...