The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Beautiful. Enough to create defection from the fiercest rivals. Enough to create a swelling of new supporters worldwide. If this kind of team can produce like that for 4-5 years continuously then they will take the mantle of richest club in the world off whoever has that. 

• Like 1

Ah well, That's the Mickey Mouse Cup run over for another year. Beaten 5-4 on pens by Arsenal. Should really have won it in 90 minutes but a good 2nd half performance was thwarted by some excellent stops from Leno (2 saves in shoot out as well) who showed why only Neuer is ahead of him in the Germany pecking order. Minamino also hit the bar from close range,

Rhys Williams looked comfortable at the back  and Arsenal barely had a sniff.  As usual, Curtis Jones was the pick of the bunch with Grujic not far behind. Harry Wilson was disappointing and wouldn't have impressed any Burnley scouts. No sign at all of Shaqiri so possibly a bid has been received there? Origi and Wilson were the penalty culprits.

• Like 1

Decent draw in the Champions League. Happy with Ajax from Pot 2 and Midtjylland from Pot 4.

Dark horses are Atalanta from Pot 3 who could present problems. Very attacking, they finished 3rd in Serie A last season and were easily the league's top scorers with 98 goals, almost 20 more than their nearest rivals. They also started well this season putting four goals past both Lazio and Torino, both matches away from home. Should certainly be entertaining games when we meet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You should consider subscribing to the best football website out there. Believe they have a heavily discounted price offered at the moment.

Yep...40% off I believe and a lot of it probably is decent.. Problem is that all the LFC writers have come from the local rag (Echo) and I don't rate them.

• Like 1

LFC along with the other English sides will face one disadvantage in the Champions League. UEFA are allowing fans to attend. In our case, Italy, Netherlands and Denmark will all be allowed to have fans present. We of course will not, courtesy of Boris and his gang!????

Rhian Brewster is moving to Sheffield Utd for 23.5 million quid. There is a 15% sell on clause as well as a buy back option for three years. Sad to see him go but it's a lot of money for an untried youngster. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Yep...40% off I believe and a lot of it probably is decent.. Problem is that all the LFC writers have come from the local rag (Echo) and I don't rate them.

I believe it's only 12 quid for annual subscription at the moment instead of the usual 59.99 quid (80% off?)...a real bargain. 

I can't comment on the Liverpool writers as I never read them but Daniel Taylor is always great, Sam Lee does a great job for City, Oliver Kay, etc. There's too much to read so I have filters for: City, Daniel Taylor, PL, EPL, which works well. If you like long in-depth intelligent articles (yes there's the occasional clickbait article) you won't find better anywhere else. I used to read the Guardian, Telegraph, etc but now no need.