The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Y'all really would benefit by punting Adrian. He's just too poor for your squad.

I disagree. In the grand scheme of what’s about at the moment he’s a decent number 2 despite the odd blunder. This result isn't down to him despite the first goal <deleted> up. 

If Pickford can be England’s number one ...........

As a neutral this game has been a joke. Fair play to villa for taking there chances well but this team is definitely not the real LFC.

Salah - how many times could get have run and created and chooses to pass.

Arnold - too many errors even for him on a bad day.

I cannot help think Mane testing positive is affecting all others. If this was an airport or something anyone who congregated with a positive person would be told to self isolate too.

23 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I disagree. In the grand scheme of what’s about at the moment he’s a decent number 2 despite the odd blunder. This result isn't down to him despite the first goal <deleted> up. 

If Pickford can be England’s number one ...........

He seems to make a damaging mistake every time I see him play, and I posted after his mistake led to the initial AV score. He certainly can't be held accountable for the remainder.

Trouble is, with a keepers relationship with the back four.. it can be fragile, by the end of the game the defenders body language was that they were doing their best NOT to blame the keeper... But today that relationship was done.. wether it'll be back in place for the next game..imo it'll be  down to kloppy...but if Allison was there today.. I think the result would have been a lot diferent.. he would have marshalled that defence and eliminated some of the woeful positioning that  I think circumstances made it difficult for todays keeper to do 

Sayin that I'm a HUGE watkins fan saw him make his Exeter debut  and from that day I knew he'd play in the prem.. I've been bigging him up for YEARS and would loved spurs to have signed him.. I know it's gonna sound <deleted>.. but 4_ some reason pre kic of a Watkins hatrick flashed thru my mind.. I dismissed it as being dumb .. but i DID know that it was a matter of time b4 he made his mark Tbh until he scored the first I thought he was havin an off day.. but hey ho weird day all around.. oh Watkin's a nice intelligent kid to boot and I'm sure WILL play for England sometime soon.. ish. .

11 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Jeez I was all lined up to enjoy some United grief....wtactual<deleted>. 

3 deflected goals, 2 bad individual errors etc can not take away from how bad that display was, I'm trying to remember a worse match in my lifetime, Stoke? 

Besides Robbo, Jota and Salah the rest were bad, really bad. I mentioned that high line and the risk against Arsenal and it came to bear today. 

Adrian is a mess and I'd be looking for a keeper today, because shoulder injuries and keepers are a bad combination, Becker could be out for months. Adrian cannot play out from the back, he does not instil confidence, the boys are nervous and it is easy to see and expose. Last year we won all the games he played in but this is a different season, circumstances etc. The whole strategy is out window with him now. 

Gomez way off the pace, Trent caught out of position again, and VvD is not the player we expect him to be.

Maybe it's what we needed, but geez not a good way to go in to an international break and returning to an  in form BLu<deleted>e.

Fair play to Villa though, well done. 

Strange season so far, eh BBob? I can't help but think that the short "off season", lack of rest for some, and possibly concentration issues tied to the covid mess could be playing a part.

8 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Strange season so far, eh BBob? I can't help but think that the short "off season", lack of rest for some, and possibly concentration issues tied to the covid mess could be playing a part.

For sure JD, all the above massively contributing in my opinion. Going to be a rollercoaster of a season. 

Worst performance I've seen since Villa (always them!) did us 5-1 many years ago. Salah was ok as were Jones/Minamino when they came on although they never looked like affecting the result.

I agree something has to be done with the keeper. Apart from his errors which occur at least once per game, he cannot play in the style that Alisson does and this severely affects the way the back 4 play and also damages their confidence. Now we know Alisson is out for a while, I would try a cheeky bid for Romero as he surely won't stay as third choice at Man U. Failing that I would give young Kelleher a  go as he can't do any worse.

As for the rest, it just shows what can happen if VVD has an off day. Gomez was atrocious with TAA not far behind. He really does have to sort out his inconsistency. God help England with these two AND Harry Maguire as a back line! The midfield didn't help much either with Fabinho having his worst game for a long while.

Villa, to be fair, were brilliant, both tactically and performance wise. Yes, most of their goals were deflections or presents but they could easily have had more. As most of our guys are on International duty there is no time to put things right before the derby so we just have to hope this was a one off. The thought of James knocking long diagonals to our right side scares the hell out of me! Let's hope Alcantara provides a much needed lift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Gazzaniga or Romero would do. Besides, you need an Argentine presence at the club. Last one was Mascherano, I think.

Yep. Either would suit me but latest is we aren't bothering. There is a rumour that Everton are looking at loans for them.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

If he was that good he wouldn’t have had Joe Hart Trump him. 

I don't think he does....Gazza is a good keeper as I said....he should get a regular 1st team spot imho.

Not at Spurs obviously!!

Edited by RonniePickering22

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't think he does....Gazza is a good keeper as I said....he should get a regular 1st team spot imho.

Obviously he does in Mourinho's eyes hence why Gazza is looking for a move. From what I’ve seen he’s a better keeper than Hart. The Joe Hart of recent years is like Pickford on Yaba. He’s a liability. I hope for your sake Lloris doesnt get a long term injury. 

Everton looks a good move for him. Ancelloti won’t put up with Pickford much longer. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Obviously he does in Mourinho's eyes hence why Gazza is looking for a move. From what I’ve seen he’s a better keeper than Hart. The Joe Hart of recent years is like Pickford on Yaba. He’s a liability. I hope for your sake Lloris doesnt get a long term injury. 

Everton looks a good move for him. Ancelloti won’t put up with Pickford much longer. 

Yes he did well when Lloris was out...some excellent and solid displays... Everton could be the making of him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes he did well when Lloris was out...some excellent and solid displays... Everton could be the making of him.

Actually.. lookin bac gazza   started to look shaky and there were quite a few errors... Tbh.. for a few games he's ok but for a long term keeper..nah. .. its weird with keepers the effect of errors seem to have a cumulative effect.. builds up and up and up... He wasn't a catastrophe..BUT I think he was probably one in waiting....  And actually the recent a or n doco' sort of Bacs that up... And Tbh Jose has made SO many good calls about players.. I'm goin with him on this one.. And if I were Romero at utd i'de be double <deleted> off.... Think his age lost it for him there though NO DOUBTs his large contract didn't help him deal  .NO denying  his ability...TOP keeper and of an age where he's learnt how to handle the pressure. .

I do have a few concerns with LFC.

Couple of really awful haircuts on show the other night.

Jota - can become an absolutely top player but the lads got an awful head of hair. Been racking my brains trying think what would suit him. Maybe needs to shave off that rat mane on his head. Looks awful.

Salah - I never liked his soulglo afro before but this 1980's afro is awful. 

Maybe some david hayes braids would suit him.

Definitely need to address these dodgy mullets.

Edited by Jack Hna
  • Like 1

Today;s snippets;

New young keeper. Marcelo Pitaluga, 17, signed from Fluminense. Been working with Alisson's brother and was a member  of the victorious Brazil <17 World Cup squad last year (a year younger than most of his team mates).

Shaq doesn't have Covid 19 and has traveled to Spain with the Swiss squad. He has also made the cut for our Euro squad. One place left vacant.....someone coming in? 

Harry Wilson left out of squad so another loan could be on the cards?

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, Jack Hna said:

I do have a few concerns with LFC.

Couple of really awful haircuts on show the other night.

Jota - can become an absolutely top player but the lads got an awful head of hair. Been racking my brains trying think what would suit him. Maybe needs to shave off that rat mane on his head. Looks awful.

Salah - I never liked his soulglo afro before but this 1980's afro is awful. 

Maybe some david hayes braids would suit him.

Definitely need to address these dodgy mullets.

Excellent post.

I think a bit unfair to single out 'pool, cause there are others in the EPL.

Stan Cullis would have held them down 'imself and gave them 'short back and sides'. The silly thing is; a decent haircut will make them play better. Only to look at Gareth Bale's hair before he discovered hair-clips; and then elastic bands. His form improved and he went to Spain.

11 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Excellent post.

I think a bit unfair to single out 'pool, cause there are others in the EPL.

Stan Cullis would have held them down 'imself and gave them 'short back and sides'. The silly thing is; a decent haircut will make them play better. Only to look at Gareth Bale's hair before he discovered hair-clips; and then elastic bands. His form improved and he went to Spain.

If Jota could just address that hair he could really start getting towards that world class level but his hair is just awful at present. Maybe he needs little curls or something just got a weird head of hair. It's like he is too stingy to spend more than a fiver on a cut or something.

• Like 1