BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Liverpool FC thread 2019

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

appreciate it that you and jangles love that type of big Jessy shiiiite but not on this thread child bolloxxxs

Woah. Steady on Tiger. How did I get involved ?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

without City 2017-18 - would have won

No you wouldn't have! You finished 4th and were SIX points behind Mourinho's ManU and two behind Spurs. Do you not bother to check before spouting such absolute bolloxxxs?

Didn't understand a word of your last paragraph by the way.

Screenshot_2019-10-11-19-28-15.png

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Woah. Steady on Tiger. How did I get involved ?

You're lucky you can understand his post: i thought his profile had been hijacked by that renowned wordsmith 3minus2.

Another 60 mins for Bobby in Brazil's game v Nigeria.

^Last season, Goal.com i think it was did a combined Manchester IX; only deGea was considered from ManU but didn't get in as he wouldn't fit in with the City 10 outfield players as he stays on his line, can't kick long or short, etc, which are all Ederson's main attributes.

Degea was the only ManU player who got in Goal.com team of the decade.

Screenshot_2019-10-12-20-26-05.png

Salah a doubt.....late fitness test😟

Failed test. Replaced by Origi.....Alisson and Matip both fit. No Brewster on the bench as he's playing (and scoring) for the kids against Wolves.

Edited by wilai
update

Ridiculous decision not to overall the goal. If that is not a clear and obvious foul I don’t know what is 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Ridiculous decision not to overall the goal. If that is not a clear and obvious foul I don’t know what is 

Nothing wrong with it 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Not for me!

• Haha 1

Rank performance at Old Toilet again. Can't blame individuals as we were <deleted> as a team until the last 15 mins. That, allied to VAR and Atkinson's shockers, meant I was happy with a point. So. still 6 points clear. I'd have taken that at the season start. 

To cap things off, I had my worst FPL score in 9 years! of playing the game, (and my predictions were just as bad!)😭

• Like 1

On another issue, has anybody seen a bigger wimp than Daniel James? On the back of his admitted 'feigning' concussion for Wales he went down for five minutes cos he was allegedly 'winded'. Even Utd players didn't put the ball out so they obviously know him well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

On another issue, has anybody seen a bigger wimp than Daniel James? On the back of his admitted 'feigning' concussion for Wales he went down for five minutes cos he was allegedly 'winded'. Even Utd players didn't put the ball out so they obviously know him well!

He's been a whining and diving monstrosity. I can't get over these young and talented footballers who seem obligated to behave like imbeciles. 

• Like 2

The funniest part about the shambles on Sunday is the hope given to United fans, long may the delusion continue, particularly on their TV thread. The fact they think it was a tactical masterclass that got them a point is <deleted> funny.

32% possession and 2 shots on target and the fact we were <deleted> says it all. No not quite, the ref not giving Liverpool a foul between the 22 and 74 minute was ludicrous, yet with 68% possession Liverpool still managed to make 14 fouls to United’s 7.

We were poor, as we always are after a break, very much a team that plays on rhythm from week in week, out football. If there is anything to take from that match for opposition that is about it. United didn’t stifle <deleted>, we were just as bad as we could be. Why we always play the occasion when we go there is beyond me, that occasion has past for now, just play the team in front of you. 

It’s very noticeable when Henderson is not on form in that forward midfield role we are sterile in attack, the system doesn’t work when one man is not at least 80% on his game. To highlight the fact, Keita was on wth 7 minutes to play, he had  6 attacking passed and made 4 chances, Hendo, 1 and 1. He also landed 22 or 25 passes and made 4 ball recoveries. Fabinho, Keita, Gini/Chamberlain should be the midfield against low block bottom-half teams like this.

I’m over Hendo, respect for him, and what he has achieved in the shadow of Gerrard, but he was never that great a footballer, good yes, but he is not good enough for this team anymore, he’s a captain getting subbed off every week and for good reason. 

Origi, has to remain a super sub. 

Want to see Brewster get a run again. 

Shout out to Fabinho, best defensive midfielder in Europe. Breaking up of play, ball recover and massive tackles, the boy is top draw. 

One last point for both Liverpool and City fans:

Liverpool have dropped points in 9 of the last 47 games (19%). Atkinson has reffed them 9 times in that time, dropping points 4 times (44.4%). City have dropped points in 15 of the last 85 games (17.64%). Atkinson has reffed them 7 times, dropping points 4 times (57.14%).

• Like 1