BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Liverpool FC thread 2019

On 11/11/2019 at 1:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

So Bob and Wilai, what's your take on last night's game?

You do nothing but socialize, and become a menace, put on your Reeboks man and go play funky tennis!

Last time It was a polish of his bald head for luck, this time it was <deleted> take on those keks. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

So Bob and Wilai, what's your take on last night's game?

Seriously, I thought it was a good game, 2 teams of the highest order in the same era is a pleasure to witness. I don't like all the controversy with VAR it takes away from the spectacle. 

There is something about our team now that I've not seen before and it is a feeling that we can always win no matter what the situation. You don't fret as a fan anymore, there is a level of football mentality in this team I've not seen for years. They are so good unless they are playing United. 

I hope the loss ruins City like it did Spurs and Barcelona momentarily, but I doubt that will happen, expect a reaction. 

Pep screaming to the Gods was a highlight. 

• Like 2

LFC have bought Brendan Rodgers' house. JK now lives rent free in two places.....the other being Pep Guardiola's head😀

• Haha 2

On 11/13/2019 at 8:32 AM, BangrakBob said:

Seriously, I thought it was a good game, 2 teams of the highest order in the same era is a pleasure to witness. I don't like all the controversy with VAR it takes away from the spectacle. 

There is something about our team now that I've not seen before and it is a feeling that we can always win no matter what the situation. You don't fret as a fan anymore, there is a level of football mentality in this team I've not seen for years. They are so good unless they are playing United. 

I hope the loss ruins City like it did Spurs and Barcelona momentarily, but I doubt that will happen, expect a reaction. 

Pep screaming to the Gods was a highlight. 

There was a similar discussion on the radio re the mentality. 

Some of the pundits were saying that the game was over at half time because nowadays you just know they won’t throw away that kind of situation. The amount of late goals is no co incidence either when teams come and attempt to park the bus. They seem to just know it’s only a matter of time. 

• Like 1

We do like to make life difficult for ourselves. Disappointing first 40 mins but improved after that without creating too many good chances. Salah still looks to be feeling his injury although he did last the 90. Salzburg are a good side with lots of goals in them so the final game is no walk in the park.

Hopefully Fabinho's knock isn't too serious. Due to miss the Brighton game anyway but don't want him out against the trickies!

In other news, the kids warmed up for the League Cup by beating their Italian rivals 7-0....Beware Villa!😉

On 11/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, wilai said:

LFC have bought Brendan Rodgers' house. JK now lives rent free in two places.....the other being Pep Guardiola's head😀

I'd imagine Klopp's house is a pretty strange place. 

Alisson is the first Premier League goalkeeper to be sent off for committing handball since 11 February 2015, when his replacement Adrián was sent off for West Ham United against Southampton.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Alisson is the first Premier League goalkeeper to be sent off for committing handball since 11 February 2015, when his replacement Adrián was sent off for West Ham United against Southampton.

At least Alisson got a clean sheet!☹️

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Adrián was sent off for West Ham United against Southampton.

Is Adrian related to Bravo

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Is Adrian related to Bravo

,😁 It should have been an indirect free kick to us as they had a man in the wall.

Martin Atkinson doing his best AGAIN to foil us. Such a <deleted>house. He's on VAR for the Derby next week. 🙄

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

,😁 It should have been an indirect free kick to us as they had a man in the wall.

Martin Atkinson doing his best AGAIN to foil us. Such a <deleted>house. He's on VAR for the Derby next week. 🙄

Very good spot Bob. Shame VAR didn't step in. Ref watch might be interesting on Monday. I wonder if Stephen Warnock is on #twitter? Might send him a message🤔

I know quick free kicks have always been legit but you'd have thought a ref would allow a keeper who had just come on, time to sort things out. Dunk admitted after the game that he asked AM whether he could take it, AM told him "yes" and blew his whistle as he kicked the ball....all the while looking at Adrian and knowing he was well out of position. Like I said, probably a legit decision technically but certainly not a fair application of the laws....but then I wouldn't expect Atkinson to be fair where we are concerned.

Anyway we found yet another bizarre way to win 2-1 so no harm done (apart from losing me VVD's clean sheet points in FPL).😠

• Like 1