The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Ah well...it took Allardyce just one week to suck the life out of football once again!

Two more points dropped against a poor team but it was our own fault. First half stats look good on paper but we needed to speed things up AND get more shots in! In a way it was too easy and the longer the game went on, the sloppier we got. Losing Matip (again) was a big blow and I would have brought Nat Phillips on instead of Williams for his aerial ability.

Still 3 points clear so no ground lost really but City lads will be happy. Hope they tired the geordies out as I'm pretty sure Bruce will use the same tactics as WBA against us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Ah well...it took Allardyce just one week to suck the life out of football once again!

2 weeks ago we played Bilic's WBA and it was tough. So Allardyce's WBA was to be as expected.

5 hours ago, wilai said:

Still 3 points clear so no ground lost really but City lads will be happy.

Any special reason for mentioning us "City lads"?

Would have thought we all enjoyed that.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

2 weeks ago we played Bilic's WBA and it was tough. So Allardyce's WBA was to be as expected.

Any special reason for mentioning us "City lads"?

Would have thought we all enjoyed that.

Errr....maybe cos you were the only top side to win! (trickies don't count)

After a slow start, a much better performance than against WBA. Some poor finishing allied to some good goalkeeping meant we dropped another two points against a bottom half team. However, we are still top and hopefully these slip ups won't cost us in the longer term. At least Thiago is finally back so midfield should be more dynamic in the coming weeks.????

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wilai said:

Dozed off and missed the game! Didn't miss much by all accounts. Won't bother with the 'Catch up' for once!????

Soton the better side. In your face defending for the full 90. 

I am Liverpool fan

again bad performance - no penalties deserved whats or ever , just not good enough, hope they will wake up for the Manu game!!! guess was Shaqiris  last game for Liverpool, had more than 30min and nothing to offer

1 hour ago, MrJ said:

I am Liverpool fan

again bad performance - no penalties deserved whats or ever , just not good enough, hope they will wake up for the Manu game!!! guess was Shaqiris  last game for Liverpool, had more than 30min and nothing to offer

Welcome to the forum MrJ...at a time of wobbling for the scousers heh heh!

9 hours ago, MrJ said:

I am Liverpool fan

Hi Mr J. Welcome to the Liverpool FC thread.

You'll find that not all the regulars are around at the moment.  Not to worry... they probably just need some time to clear their head, take stock of things, and perhaps change their avatar. I'm sure they'll be back when the time is right for them.

Until then, make yourself at home.

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Post removed as link already posted on a different thread.....for those interested, no, I didn't open the link as I would never knowingly look at anything in that rag! Rant over.

I posted it on here first. So delete the other one.

Do you watch Sky Sports by the way Wilai?

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I posted it on here first. So delete the other one.

Do you watch Sky Sports by the way Wilai?

Links to that rag do not belong on this thread anyway mate. As for SS, I have SSN on at the moment.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I understand the history. I was making the point that both SS and The Sun are Murdoch owned. 

You sure? I think Murdoch sold out. A US company named Comcast own Sky now.

'Murdoch’s departure from Sky marks the end of an era for the British media industry, although the 87-year-old media mogul will retain substantial influence thanks to his newspaper holdings and recent push into the British radio industry. Sky News will now be owned by Comcast, which already controls US news and media businesses including NBC and Universal Studios.'

Edited by wilai
source added