The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently there'll be no first team players from Villa, all U23's and U18's as they haven't been exposed to the first team

Not having a go at Liverpool but it's a joke and devalues the FA Cup if the game goes on with Villa having to play their u23s team.

Maybe Liverpool should do the decent thing and make it an u23s game.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not having a go at Liverpool but it's a joke a devalues the FA Cup if the game goes on with Villa having to play their u23s team to play the game.

Maybe Liverpool should do the decent thing and make it an u23s game.

This season is a weird one (as was last) but the season can't be extended due to the Euro's. They will try and attempt to play rearranged PL fixtures but there just isn't the space to rearrange cup games, so it looks like the cup games will either be played or forfeited

58 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Apparently there'll be no first team players from Villa, all U23's and U18's as they haven't been exposed to the first team

10 1st XI players and 4 officials tested positive  for Covid.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

That’s a strong side to put out against a lot of kids who recently lost to Cardiff Kids

True, but any club that once hired Tim Sherwood has earned the right to be pummeled at any opportunity.:smile:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jellydog said:

True, but any club that once hired Tim Sherwood has earned the right to be pummeled at any opportunity.:smile:

I wonder what Tim Sherwood has done to upset a Guardian reader... mind you, it doesn't take much to upset a Guardian reader. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

United in the next round eh

Don't know about you but to me this is proof that the hot and cold balls do exist. How many times do we get these kind of games in the 3rd or 4th round?

If I'm allowed my own conspiracy theory then that's it. 

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Don't know about you but to me this is proof that the hot and cold balls do exist. How many times do we get these kind of games in the 3rd or 4th round?

If I'm allowed my own conspiracy theory then that's it. 

You should be happy. It will be considered a giant killing if you win ????

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not about going top, it's about finishing the season at the top

Very true my friend... but I think just being in this position at this stage of the season hasn't happened since Fergie (maybe Mourinho's first season?). Personally, whatever happens I am just very happy to be in this position right now. Tonight is massive. Massive!!!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:06 AM, RickG16 said:

Very true my friend... but I think just being in this position at this stage of the season hasn't happened since Fergie (maybe Mourinho's first season?). Personally, whatever happens I am just very happy to be in this position right now. Tonight is massive. Massive!!!

Well done keyboard your top of the pops son. Your like any 1 hit wonder for about a week.  Talk about how the mighty have fallen. Maybe another 7 years before you breathe this air. Breathe it in son. The virus has been good to your outfit.

21 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Why isn't Phillips playing at CB... When I've seen him he looked.sound enuf...what does he lack that I've been missing?

Lack of pace is his main weakness. That's a reason he didn't play against Rashford/Martial etc May get a chance against Burnley if Matip not fit.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wilai said:

Lack of pace is his main weakness. That's a reason he didn't pkay against Rashford/Martial etc May get a chance against Burnley if Matip not fit.

I did wonder if that was an issue.. there were prev'comments about him being played to counter an aerial threat.. so...