The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Decent performance, looking like the Liverpool of old, particularly Salah. Quality finishing. 

We couldn’t live with sone of your football but fell into the United trap of giving you too much respect. 

Looking forward to next weeks game. Should he a belter. 

Went after two CBs by the looks of thing. Caleta-Car from Marseille which appears to have fallen through as Olympic couldn't get a replacement. His private jet still on the runway! And Ben Davies from Preston NE. Looks like that one will go through for 2m. Don't know anything about him but all comments from Preston fans are very positive. Apparently he was going to Celtic before we stepped in.

As for last night; a very professional performance against a team previously on top form. Thought Phillips and Hendo dealt with the Antonio threat very well and of course Salah showed just how effective an inverted winger can be when scoring his first. His second will grab the headlines though. It truly was a thing of beauty. ????

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Went after two CBs by the looks of thing. Caleta-Car from Marseille which appears to have fallen through as Olympic couldn't get a replacement. His private jet still on the runway! And Ben Davies from Preston NE. Looks like that one will go through for 2m.

It's been so quiet it seems like there will be no deadline day stories but you just never know. 

On 1/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Wow, an article that says what we (non-Liverpool fans) think about Klopp.

https://thefootballfaithful.com/why-are-the-media-so-reluctant-to-call-out-jurgen-klopps-deplorable-traits/

Simple, because he has won major trophies in recent memories. If they start slipping and go a couple of seasons without major trophies, all these parts of his character will start coming under the microscope. 

12 hours ago, wilai said:

2nd CB coming in? Ozan Kabak from Schalke. Allegedly having medical in Germany to speed things up.Has been on our radar for a while..... Mustafi his replacement.

Kabak (season loan)and Davies confirmed. Just in time as Matip out for the season!????.....Minamino loaned to Southampton

We have an option (not an obligation) to buy Kabak at the end of the season.

Edited by wilai
update

Well that's another coupon buster that messed my prediction's up. Although I'll happily take it.

Weird season this. I don't know how long you've gone without losing at home and then you lose 2 on the bounce, against opposition who most people would think you would have turned over quite easily. I think Klopps excuse of mental fatigue is a tad lame.

We seem to be lacking energy, whether physical, mental or both. Our whole game is not quick enough which gives teams extra seconds to anticipate and prevent us from doing what we intend. This is a particular problem against weaker sides utilising a low block hence our poor results against sides we should beat easily. With the number of players who have been out throughout the season it was always on the cards. If the new guys free up Hendo and Fab to return to the midfield and Jota comes back soon, hopefully things can improve.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Well that's another coupon buster that messed my prediction's up. Although I'll happily take it.

Weird season this. I don't know how long you've gone without losing at home and then you lose 2 on the bounce, against opposition who most people would think you would have turned over quite easily. I think Klopps excuse of mental fatigue is a tad lame.

It was only 68 games 

On 2/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, balo said:

Playing away is a big advantage.  You can't ignore it.  It's a mental thing.  

I make you right. 

The stats show in normal circumstances in EPL:

51% home win

26% draw

23% away win 

Since covid and no crowd:

40% home win

25% draw

35% away win

This season:

37% home win

22% draw

41% away win

The most common score in the EPL this season is 0-1 (12%), followed by 1-1 (11%) and 1-0 (9%)

Home advantage is nullified by lack of supporters. Don't know why crowd-noise is not broadcast over the speaker system.

Edited by owl sees all
Up dated figures
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I make you right. 

The stats show in normal circumstances in EPL:

51% home win

26% draw

23% away win 

Since covid and no crowd:

40% home win

25% draw

35% away win

This season:

37% home win

22% draw

41% away win

The most common score in the EPL this season is 0-1 (12%), followed by 1-1 (11%) and 1-0 (9%)

Home advantage is nullified by lack of supporters. Don't know why crowd-noise is not broadcast over the speaker system.

Never had a crowd at the Emptihad 

23 hours ago, owl sees all said:

With todays technology they could have connected thousands of supporters from their homes , install some big speakers and turn up the volume! 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Seen enough to know changes need to be made. Ferguson kept the pressure level up and recruited continually to get the best results and that's the way to go.

Firmino. Thanks but your not producing nearly as much as you did or could, anymore.

Arnold - carry on son and you'll be telling old folk tales like Micah richards.

Salah - as you are son but carry on running your mouth and as long as lfc get 150m that can work.

If Klopp is as good as is believed let's see him make some wholesale changes and recapture the ethic he instilled in the last two seasons. If not....

4 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Seen enough to know changes need to be made. Ferguson kept the pressure level up and recruited continually to get the best results and that's the way to go.

Firmino. Thanks but your not producing nearly as much as you did or could, anymore.

Arnold - carry on son and you'll be telling old folk tales like Micah richards.

Salah - as you are son but carry on running your mouth and as long as lfc get 150m that can work.

If Klopp is as good as is believed let's see him make some wholesale changes and recapture the ethic he instilled in the last two seasons. If not....

Long time since The Reds lost three home games on the trot.

Yet they went to East London and demolished The Irons. Funny old game.

• Like 1

The Reds need to be playing in front of big crowds.

Just have to accept that their luck has run out.

The bookies say City will win the league by 15 points. Pool and United level for second/third spot. Chelski for 4th.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hey Wilai, Souness is suggesting you should have strengthened more in the summer.

Can you now see he / I am right? It's not too late for some dignified backtracking....

I answered your point when you asked weeks ago. Please re-read the thread and stop repeating yourself time and time again....no wonder you were reported on other threads for something similar.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The Reds need to be playing in front of big crowds.

Just have to accept that their luck has run out.

The bookies say City will win the league by 15 points. Pool and United level for second/third spot. Chelski for 4th.

Sounds about right. ...  my take..

Losing v dyke was a blow... And the knock on effect has been huge.. asking/expecting players to step up a gear and or change, unfortunately has physical consequences...ie increased risk of injury... Mistakes ect ..  and seems Liverpool have escaped non and felt all... losing joto was another blow.. he was the first to SERIOUSELY challenge their unbreakable unstoppable front 3.. it maybe  coincidental.. but the mo he started to deliver it seemed the others 'stuttered'.and the extra 'gear' they had took a while to find and in the mean time city found theirs...

As for the result v city... 2 arguably 3 mistakes by an otherwise reliable VERY goalkeeper.  Does NOT make a crisis..

bac to v dyke,bac a while I was told  and it's proven ACCURATE MANY TIMES.. that despite advances in medical techs if players get the injury that v dyke has after 27.. they ain't the same player when they return..

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1