The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

It's like watching 70's bladder football with that soaked pitch, serious ball drag.

VvD should have tracked there, at fault for the goal without the needless pen. 

Game on, get the <deleted> forks out lads!

Shaqiri needs to be an impact sub in a game like this Fabinho better suited. 

And I hope Nancy <deleted> Matip does one in the summer, daft runs at the opposition, daydreams and gets caught out all the time, can cost you a goal and looks a bit limp wristed. 

Edited by BangrakBob

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Take this piss off boil, 1 point won rather than 2 points dropped there. Snide <deleted> them foxes. Happy to take a point there, in the grand scheme of things. 

Clear penalty on Keita. Another point gained in the week. 

Leicester look a decent side against the top sides. Laughable they keep talking about dumping Puel now 8th, they want more “entertaining football” 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Take this piss off boil, 1 point won rather than 2 points dropped there. Snide <deleted> them foxes. Happy to take a point there, in the grand scheme of things. 

And that's the way you have to look at it, one point gained!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Clear penalty on Keita. Another point gained in the week. 

Leicester look a decent side against the top sides. Laughable they keep talking about dumping Puel now 8th, they want more “entertaining football” 

Leicester are one difficult side to figure out. Dreadful at times and tough as nails at others.

• Like 1

WobblesRuS on to them East London Gobshites away on a Monday night next, <deleted> draw at best written all over it, then Ole conjuring events of the past at OT. <deleted> 2 points will be a result. One point in front of the City, will do!

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

<deleted> hell find myself agreeing with carmine. Nurse!

When you discuss football every day, it will happen every now and then.

Like a fly landing in your drink. Or stubbing your toe on a chair. 

• Haha 2

You mean you learned your lesson with the scattergun policy when you blew 85m from sale of bale and spent 11m wisely.

I think you need to look at the summer of 2014 if your going to talk about scattergun policy and lamela !

Edited by alfieconn

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

When you discuss football every day, it will happen every now and then.

Like a fly landing in your drink. Or stubbing your toe on a chair. 

I see that player you didn't rate just penned a five year deal!! ????

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Never said I didn't rate him. He was one of the worst performers under Jose. Now he has improved like everybody else. 

One of the worst performers was he yet he had the best minutes played per goals scored than anyone else.  You made it quite clear you didn't rate him.  Just like i did for that matter with Sissoko but i held my hands up.

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

One of the worst performers was he yet he had the best minutes played per goals scored than anyone else.  You made it quite clear you didn't rate him.  Just like i did for that matter with Sissoko but i held my hands up.

The surprise for me is that he is doing well as a wide forward. But I think that's the key distinction, he is playing as a modern wide forward, rather than a winger. That allows him to come inside and cause havoc / score goals. In a best case scenario he can become a Ronaldo type player (in terms of his position / effectiveness), but he has a long way to go.

33 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The surprise for me is that he is doing well as a wide forward. But I think that's the key distinction, he is playing as a modern wide forward, rather than a winger. That allows him to come inside and cause havoc / score goals. In a best case scenario he can become a Ronaldo type player (in terms of his position / effectiveness), but he has a long way to go.

Repeat after me:

A winger is a midfield player

:cheesy:

23 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why exactly did calvin Clyne go out on loan?

Klopp let him go to get game time. Now Gomez is going to be out for 3 months! Lovren has relapsed AGAIN.

We are struggling at the back and to think we did not but anyone in this window to combat that might just be our downfall.

Edited by BangrakBob

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Klopp let him go to get game time. Now Gomez is going to be out for 3 months! Lovren has relapsed AGAIN.

We are struggling at the back and to think we did not but anyone in this window to combat that might just be our downfall.

An injury to VVD could cost you the title.

I can dream Bobby!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Believe me, we know what you are going through!!!  Seriously though, why would Klopp want to buy average players, or players he had not specifically asked for just on the basis of injuries that "might" happen?  Great if you can afford to do that,  but theres only three clubs in the league that can afford to do that and you ain't one of them.  i think Klopp has a similar mindset to Pochettino.

No doubt you'll be fully fit by the time we have to come to Anfield!!!!

19 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Maybe or we just need to ensure the forwards score for fun like last year. Maybe not the best way but we have the players to do that.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, BangrakBob said:

You getting a few zzzzs before the game or you stuck on a flight again? Peenarss

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

You getting a few zzzzs before the game or you stuck on a flight again? Peenarss

I'm speechless....you know it's bad when Adam Lallana starts a league game. These injuries now are pilling up. Not happy.

32 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I'm speechless....you know it's bad when Adam Lallana starts a league game. These injuries now are pilling up. Not happy.

1 too many passes in the final 3rd. Not enough space being opened up. Lallana done well for the goal though. Origi was off anyway.

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Now your injuries are starting to pile up.  This is when City should start to excel with their squad depth.  After all, its february so about time for quality of squad depth to show.  The difference being, Liverpool and i suppose Spurs have the level of squad depth required in this league, but they are simply not as good as that of City.

Apparently, in the absence of Kane, were not the "Heung-Min Son" side!!!!!

Must be great to have 200m worth of talent sitting on the bench at any given time!! 

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

Now your injuries are starting to pile up.  This is when City should start to excel with their squad depth.  After all, its february so about time for quality of squad depth to show.  The difference being, Liverpool and i suppose Spurs have the level of squad depth required in this league, but they are simply not as good as that of City.

Apparently, in the absence of Kane, were not the "Heing-Min Son" side!!!!!

Must be great to have 200m worth of talent sitting on the bench at any given time!! 

Our bench squad value is difficult to judge carms since we never bought most of them. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Our bench squad value is difficult to judge carms since we never bought most of them. 

On a more serious note, I wonder what Oliver Skipp will be worth in two years time!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1