The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

18 minutes ago, wilai said:

I answered your point when you asked weeks ago. Please re-read the thread and stop repeating yourself time and time again....no wonder you were reported on other threads for something similar.

You pointed to the injury crisis. And I said don't underestimate the difference one or two more big signings could have made. Now Souness is the latest to agree with me I'm asking if you want to reconsider.

As for reported... The mod in question told me he turned down many needless requests to take posts down from the same person... The ones he took down were 1st for being spelling police and 2nd for something which could have been personal but was in fact very light hearted banter. 

Anyway it's a funny old season and you've borne the brunt of it. At least you've got the Champions League to look forward to mate ???? our season is officially over now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wilai said:

I answered your point when you asked weeks ago. Please re-read the thread and stop repeating yourself time and time again....no wonder you were reported on other threads for something similar.

Surely I am not the only one who has seen re same pattern when his own side don’t win? He goes ManYoo  awol. 

No comment about his own sides keeper, defensive woes and throwing away another lead but feels it ok to highlight others. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Surely I am not the only one who has seen re same pattern when his own side don’t win? He goes ManYoo  awol. 

No comment about his own sides keeper, defensive woes and throwing away another lead but feels it ok to highlight others. 

I don't disagree, however with regards Rick's case in point, should Liverpool as Champions have strengthened in the summer, particularly at CB where they sold 1 of 4 CBs and weakened themselves - a risky move, just as City did when Kompany left, and look how it turned out for City last season last season and Liverpool this season - Rick's point is looking to be correct, which Liverpool fans on here disagreed with earlier in the season. They denied it, it's looking to be a fair point, so he should be allowed his moment of fun instead of crying foul.

May i add that divulging someone's misdemenours on here to all and sundry is an inappropriate thing to do. I really believe that those inappropriate posts should be deleted or editted out. Consider.

That Roy Keane video was a cracker wasn't it ????

On 2/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, RickG16 said:

Hey Wilai, Souness is suggesting you should have strengthened more in the summer.

Can you now see he / I am right?

Liverpool sold Lovren and gambled 3 CBs plus youngsters would be sufficient. They've been unlucky that the gamble didn't payoff.

Jota looked to have been a good buy (jury is out with the Japanese lad) and the front 3 need to be challenged - I'm no fan of Firmino but the other 2 I rate.

The Greek LB supposedly is decent, has only been used in cup games until Sunday so I haven't seen much of him.

Liverpool were crying out for a new class midfield player and got one.

---------------

Just listening to a City podcast with a Liverpool fan (

Joel Sanderson-Murray) discussing the game.

Scouser reckons the turning point for Liverpool's season, was NOT VVD injury (won the next 5 games apparently), was NOT Gomez injury, but WAS (1) the owner's failure to buy a new CB at the beginning of January transfer window but they decided to gamble on injury prone Matip, and (2) when Matip was then injured the owners failed to buy a CB until last orders in the transfer window, and those failures destabilized the team. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 2/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Liverpool have lost four consecutive home league games for only the second time, last doing so back in December 1923 - when they were also defending top-flight champions.

A 5th consecutive home league loss. Burnley, Brighton, Manchester City, Everton and now Chelsea. Next up at fortress Anfield is Fulham.

Liverpool have become the first English top-flight reigning champions to lose five consecutive home league games.

At the end of December 2020, after 16 games, Liverpool were top of the PL. But Liverpool have just 10 points from 11 Premier League games in 2021, that's 10 from 33 points - only West Brom (nine), Newcastle (seven) and Southampton (four) have picked up fewer points since the turn of the year. That's relegation-type form from the Champions.

After 27 games last season, Liverpool were top, 22 points ahead of 2nd placed City. After 27 games this season, City are top, 22 points ahead of 7th placed Liverpool.

Some turnaround.

• Like 1

Bobby (where is he by the way) 

You may have noticed previously that I am not a detail man, but can you or anyone explain in simple terms what is going on. 

Is there a simple reason for all this because I find it inexplicable and I am not even an English teacher. 

Still, Rangers won their league if that cheers you up. 

Edited by rott

It’s one year of the Covid-19 pandemic

“For many football fans, it is now 12 months or more since they were able to go and watch their team. The 2019-20 season was suspended by the FA on March 13, 2020 with the UK's first lockdown announced three days later.

The suspension was initally supposed to last three weeks, but it would be more than three months before football returned, with June 17 marking the first match of the Premier League's Project Restart…

The two biggest losers, without doubt, are Liverpool and Sheffield United. It took until the 29th match of last season for Liverpool to lose for the first time - a shock 3-0 defeat by Watford in what was their final fixture before the pandemic struck with them a whopping 25 points clear. Since then, they have lost a scarcely believable 11 of 37 matches.

Manchester United are arguably the greatest winners of lockdown, despite not topping the table, given their swing in form. They have lost fewer matches than anyone else, and two of those four defeats came in those anomalous Old Trafford losses to Tottenham and Crystal Palace at the start of the season - when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side had had a shorter pre-season than anyone else due to European commitments.

Liverpool (60 points) have only 2/3rds of City's (92) points [Great article in yesterday's The Athletic explaining the background to Liverpool's decline: "'It is like quicksand' - the inside story of Liverpool's unravelling season and what it means"]  

Pos / Team / Games / W / D / L / GF / GA / GD / Pts

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE SINCE FOOTBALL WAS SUSPENDED IN MARCH 2020

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE SINCE FOOTBALL WAS SUSPENDED IN MARCH 2020

Pos

Team

Games

Wins

Draws

Losses

GF

GA

GD

Pts

Manchester City

Manchester United

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur

Leicester City

Liverpool

West Ham United

Everton

Arsenal

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Southampton

Aston Villa

Burnley

Brighton and Hove Albion

Crystal Palace

Newcastle United

Leeds United

Fulham

Sheffield United

West Bromwich Albion

Bournemouth

Watford

Norwich City

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9350763/Liverpool-sixth-pandemic-table-club-coped-closed-doors.html

• 1 month later...

Dortmund. Villarreal. Man City. Now Real Madrid.

Liverpool fans embarrassing their football club, embarrassing English football and embarrassing England.

When are those scouse hooligans going to realise this isn't 1985 and their actions are unacceptable.

In the past Liverpool have been fined for their fans attacking the coach of visiting club's, hopefully now UEFA will ban Liverpool from playing their next home game and make them play it away at a neutral ground...those fans need teaching their actions are unacceptable.

"Liverpool have condemned the "unacceptable and shameful behaviour" of "a few individuals" after Real Madrid's team bus had a window smashed as it arrived at Anfield on Wednesday.

Merseyside Police said 400 people were on Anfield Road before the Champions League quarter-final second leg."

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Dortmund. Villarreal. Man City. Now Real Madrid.

Liverpool fans embarrassing their football club, embarrassing English football and embarrassing England.

When are those scouse hooligans going to realise this isn't 1985 and their actions are unacceptable.

In the past Liverpool have been fined for their fans attacking the coach of visiting club's, hopefully now UEFA will ban Liverpool from playing their next home game and make them play it away at a neutral ground...those fans need teaching their actions are unacceptable.

"Liverpool have condemned the "unacceptable and shameful behaviour" of "a few individuals" after Real Madrid's team bus had a window smashed as it arrived at Anfield on Wednesday.

Merseyside Police said 400 people were on Anfield Road before the Champions League quarter-final second leg."

Controlling the crowds on the streets is not the job of football clubs. Liverpool should not have been fined for the Man City incident and should not be fined for this.

Why did the RM coach not have unbreakable windows like the City coach did?

Why don't Merseyside Police get taken to task for not doing their job properly? Read the riot act and if the road isn't cleared forcibly clear it.

Edited by champers

11 hours ago, champers said:

Why did the RM coach not have unbreakable windows like the City coach did?

Why don't Merseyside Police get taken to task for not doing their job properly?

Have I just read that right!! You are blaming the people who got attacked for not protecting themselves enough? There wasn't supposed to be any fans there and even if there were, an opposing team shouldn't have to protect themselves with bullet proof windows, it doesn't happen anywhere else. Even after the Liverpool thugs attacked our bus, our fans didn't retaliate by attacking the Liverpool bus in the second leg.

• Like 1