The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

^Already returned to the Premier League.....Your #twatter buddy should read the rules.????

Just doing a public service and keeping the Liverpool thread from going the same way as the Arsenal thread and dying from lack of interest - you're welcome ????

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hey@LFC - Ferran Soriano says in order to minimise travel, could you bring the Premier League Trophy with you to Manchester on Thursday please. We'll arrange to collect it. You probably won't need the ribbons again for quite a while but keep them anyway. Make sure you polish it. Ta.

(Prestwich Blue - Twitter)

It was at Old Trafford last night. 

For any insomniacs amongst you, The FA Youth Cup FInal is on beIN Sport 2 Thailand tonight. KO 01:45. Also on BT Sport 1 and Astro SS4.

Aston Villa <18 v LFC <18

Ended 2-1 to Villa. Paid the price for a poor start. LFC came back in the 2nd half but couldn't find the equalizer against an experienced Villa side.

Edited by wilai
update

New Signing Alert......Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig looks nailed. Currently playing in the Euro <21s for France. From what I've seen he looks good in the air and has a fair amount of pace.....Now if only he can stay injury free for a while unlike his colleagues!

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

New Signing Alert......Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig looks nailed. Currently playing in the Euro <21s for France. From what I've seen he looks good in the air and has a fair amount of pace.....Now if only he can stay injury free for a while unlike his colleagues!

Could have done with him in January.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Could have done with him in January.

He was injured (qnkle I think) and we had drawn RBL in the Champs League so there was no chance.  He was our first choice back then but not available so Kabak came on loan. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, wilai said:

All CB's fit to travel to Austria for pre-season training camp. Let's hope they stay that way.

Interesting to see who is going, and who will be starting from those remaining, particularly at the back.  Can imagine VvD and Gomez taking time to get up to peak match fitness again.  Expect VvD to be starting as soon as fit enough, but who with...

Harvey Elliott signing a 5 year deal is a good sign, I wonder if he will get a chance, still young, but held his own and actually bossed it at times in a very physical league. 

^Think Konate will get his chance to start alongside VVD. Elliott will definitely get minutes this season. If not from our bench then maybe a Premiership loan? Also looking forward to seeing Gordon and Musialowski get pre-season minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

^Think Konate will get his chance to start alongside VVD. Elliott will definitely get minutes this season. If not from our bench then maybe a Premiership loan? Also looking forward to seeing Gordon and Musialowski get pre-season minutes.

Pretty exciting prospect those two at the back. 

He needs to be playing in the Prem Elliot. I'd like to see him stay but we have so many midfielders, and a Gini replacement might also come in. Can't see him not being loaned. 

I've not seen the kids for a while. 

Not a lot movement across the board in transfers, aside the usual United marquee signing. 

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He needs to be playing in the Prem Elliot. I'd like to see him stay but we have so many midfielders, and a Gini replacement might also come in. Can't see him not being loaned. 

Not a lot movement across the board in transfers, aside the usual United marquee signing. 

Might depend on if we get another striker...If not, Elliott could be back up for Salah. City have supposedly already nailed the Grealish deal which may explain why Pep has (allegedly) cooled on Kane.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Good to have you back LAD. 

I wonder if Shaqiri will get some more game time following his showing at the Euros.

Big season for the scousers after last season's excuse fest.

10 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Good to have you back LAD. 

I wonder if Shaqiri will get some more game time following his showing at the Euros.

Big season for the scousers after last season's excuse fest.

Thank you Rick.

I think Shaqiri will definitely get more game time, at his new club, whomever that might be. Be surprised to see him in the squad next season. 

The fact United finished above us and consider that is them progressing makes it all worthwhile.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Thank you Rick.

I think Shaqiri will definitely get more game time, at his new club, whomever that might be. Be surprised to see him in the squad next season. 

The fact United finished above us and consider that is them progressing makes it all worthwhile.

Welcome back BBob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Austrian pre-season tour kicks off today, without a fixture even booked.

Couple of 30 minute games on 20th July against Wacker Innsbruck and Stuttgart. Full games follow on 23rd and 29th against Mainz and Hertha Berlin respectively.

E6GIgepXoAQ0sYJ?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 1