The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

37 minutes ago, wilai said:

Couple of 30 minute games on 20th July against Wacker Innsbruck and Stuttgart. Full games follow on 23rd and 29th against Mainz and Hertha Berlin respectively.

E6GIgepXoAQ0sYJ?format=jpg&name=small

I think Liverpool will do well this coming season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wilai said:

Couple of 30 minute games on 20th July against Wacker Innsbruck and Stuttgart. Full games follow on 23rd and 29th against Mainz and Hertha Berlin respectively.

E6GIgepXoAQ0sYJ?format=jpg&name=small

a sight for sore eyes

Two more pre-season games announced; both at Anfield on consecutive days:

Sunday 8th v Athletic Bilbao at 10pm Thai time and

Monday 9th v Osasuna at 1am (Tue) Thai time

The Osasuna game is a tribute to Michael Robinson.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Are you losing any players to the Olympics? Bailly and Amad both going with Ivory Coast for us.

None of ours going. Egypt wanted Salah but we said no as he will also be going to the AfCoN in Jan/Feb

• Sad 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Henderson contract negotiations stalled. Could be something and nothing but you have a lot of players who are due to renew contracts before they start losing value

Yep. They're working on a number at the moment. Hendo will be 33 when his current one ends so may not be offered an increase.

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Henderson contract negotiations stalled. Could be something and nothing but you have a lot of players who are due to renew contracts before they start losing value

It's a bit embarrassing I'd say. He's meant to be the captain, Liverpool through and through, etc etc. Isn't that the sort of player who should get his contract sorted in a 5 minute sit down?

Instead he is acting like a premadonna. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's a bit embarrassing I'd say. He's meant to be the captain, Liverpool through and through, etc etc. Isn't that the sort of player who should get his contract sorted in a 5 minute sit down?

Instead he is acting like a premadonna. 

I wouldn't say that. Anyway, as he is on hols after the Euros, it will be normal club/agent discussions.

Here are the 2 XI's used in the 30 mins games last night:

v Wacker Innsbruck: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Davies, Beck, Clarkson, Morton, Cain, Gordon, Origi, Minamino.

v Stuttgart: Adrian, Bradley, Konate, R. Williams, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Elliott, Mane, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Both finished 1-1. Origi and Mane with our goals. Apparently young Kaide Gordon was the 'Stand out' player in the opening game. Elliott, Tsimikas and Mane stood out in the 2nd.

8 minutes ago, champers said:

You got Nat for nothing in very suspicious circumstances. No sell-on clause for BWFC.

Suspicious; Why? AFAIK he had already left BW and was training elsewhere whilst awaiting a scholarship to a US University. He even had a flight and accommodation booked. LFC then offered (the free agent) a deal the week he was flying out, so he cancelled his US adventure at the last minute. 

55 minutes ago, wilai said:

Suspicious; Why? AFAIK he had already left BW and was training elsewhere whilst awaiting a scholarship to a US University. He even had a flight and accommodation booked. LFC then offered (the free agent) a deal the week he was flying out, so he cancelled his US adventure at the last minute. 

There are too many coincidences for my liking. Nat left Bolton's academy, dad Jimmy was academy director. The club was in financial freefall and under new ownership so it seems sound advice from father to son.

Nat trained at a club to maintain his fitness. Despite there being more clubs in the Bolton area than you can shake a stick at he went to train at Huddersfield, managed by David Wagner. Wagner is a close friend of Klopp so much so that he was best man at Klopp's wedding and organised his stag party in Mainz. A baby sitting job looking after Nat methinks.

Joining Liverpool just 2 days before jetting off to the US defies my belief but if you think everything is above board fair enough.

Edited by champers

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Nat trained at a club to maintain his fitness. Despite there being more clubs in the Bolton area than you can shake a stick at he went to train at Huddersfield, managed by David Wagner. Wagner is a close friend of Klopp so much so that he was best man at Klopp's wedding and organised his stag party in Mainz. A baby sitting job looking after Nat methinks.

Conspiracy theorist you are.???? Just re-read the story. Here's some of it below.  

He'd secured a four-year scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. 

The details had been completed on his National Letter of Intent, with the move even announced on the team's website. His flight was booked, housing deposit paid and roommate determined (current MLS player Callum Montgomery). "I was picking him up at the airport on a Thursday, I remember," Charlotte 49ers head coach Kevin Langan tells Liverpoolfc.com. The pick-up never happened. 

I doubt he'd go thru all of that if there was an offer from LFC already on the cards. His oul fella said that unless he was give a two year contract by a Premier/Championship club, he would be off to the States. I think BW were Championship at the time so I assume that given their precarious financial state they refused to take a chance and offer a two year deal. Dunno where he lived at the time but Huddersfield is only 40 minutes from Bolton anyway.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wilai said:

Conspiracy theorist you are.???? Just re-read the story. Here's some of it below.  

He'd secured a four-year scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. 

The details had been completed on his National Letter of Intent, with the move even announced on the team's website. His flight was booked, housing deposit paid and roommate determined (current MLS player Callum Montgomery). "I was picking him up at the airport on a Thursday, I remember," Charlotte 49ers head coach Kevin Langan tells Liverpoolfc.com. The pick-up never happened. 

I doubt he'd go thru all of that if there was an offer from LFC already on the cards. His oul fella said that unless he was give a two year contract by a Premier/Championship club, he would be off to the States. I think BW were Championship at the time so I assume that given their precarious financial state they refused to take a chance and offer a two year deal. Dunno where he lived at the time but Huddersfield is only 40 minutes from Bolton anyway.

We were relegated from the Championship. Nat never played in the 1st team; Rob Holding was preferred and given a run in the first team and sold to Arsenal in the summer.

2 minutes ago, champers said:

We were relegated from the Championship. Nat never played in the 1st team; Rob Holding was preferred and given a run in the first team and sold to Arsenal in the summer.

Don't blame his dad for doing what was best for his son....but accusing a couple of Premiership managers of colluding in advance is a touch far fetched. We gave him a trial just before he was due to fly to the States and offered him a two year deal on the strength of that...He was only ever a schoolboy when he was at BW and wasn't even offered a pro contract!.....Sell on fee? Good luck with that one!????

• Like 1

Looks like young Elliott is getting another crack in midfield with Ox playing the Bobby role? Tonight's squad: 

AQxpEQMu?format=jpg&name=small

Edit: Won 1-0 (og)....2 x XI's used. Keita was impressive first half.

Young Kaide Gordon stood out in the second. Still only 16, he looks like he will be some player in the future. Thanks to Wayne Rooney for letting us get him????

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Reports of Klopp being an admirer of our Bowen. 
He is a bit Shaquiri ish

We're linked with pretty much every 'pressing' player in Europe. Nothing against Bowen, but I think we should be looking at a higher calibre.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 6:19 PM, Kadilo said:

Yeah he is a bit of a stocky midget

Talking of the 'power cube', he looks likely to be next out. 12m plus. Italian and Spanish clubs interested and Shaq's preference is Lazio. We have to sell before we can buy a non English player as our non home grown quota is currently at it's maximum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Talking of the 'power cube', he looks likely to be next out. 12m plus. Italian and Spanish clubs interested and Shaq's preference is Lazio. We have to sell before we can buy a non English player as our non home grown quota is currently at it's maximum.

He’s never really took off with you has he really. He showed glimpses in the Euros of what he can do but he lacks consistency and I guess that comes with regular games which he has, not surprisingly, never had. 

He looks a luxury type of player these days and not sure his fitness is at the level for a top top side. 

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He showed glimpses

Came on as sub against Utd, scored two and got Maureen the sack Always be remembered fondly for that. Think the Italian League would suit his style.

• Like 2