The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 points dropped for me. Like Willers, I would have preferred XI vs XI, the red card ruined the game. 

Chelsea are a fantastic outfit under Toots, thought Jorginho was great and Mendy is some keeper. Don't know why we weren't marking Havertz for his goal, an intended flick on may not have ended up in the back of the net. 

Mane was horrible, he is so frustrating too watch when not on his game, his first touch was horrendous. A few of the boys looked a bit shagged, Robbo, Fab not on their game. I like the relationship being developed with Elliot and Salah but they both cut inside and with Chelsea all behind the ball in the second half that just narrowed the game further. 

Really felt like we needed another option upfront, with 2 on the bench it looked like he he doesn't trust either of them. 

Long season ahead, but before it started I felt Chelsea were looking the strongest. You just have to look at their defensive record and how well organised they are, add to that the fire power up top. If we finish above them we should win the League. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Don't know why we weren't marking Havertz for his goal

Wasn't as if we hadn't been warned as they'd already tried the move earlier. Robbo got to that one.  Agree that a few players could have played better. The Elliott/Salah combo means Hendo on the left which is not his best position. Would have given Keita a go breaking thru the middle for half an hour as that would have put Jorginho under more pressure without Kante alongside him. He ain't the quickest! Could have gone for it as VVD/Matip had Lukaku under wraps so a swap with Fab would have been the move....but it's done now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

Wasn't as if we hadn't been warned as they'd already tried the move earlier. Robbo got to that one.  Agree that a few players could have played better. The Elliott/Salah combo means Hendo on the left which is not his best position. Would have given Keita a go breaking thru the middle for half an hour as that would have put Jorginho under more pressure without Kante alongside him. He ain't the quickest! Could have gone for it as VVD/Matip had Lukaku under wraps so a swap with Fab would have been the move....but it's done now. 

Yeah I thought Keita for Fab would have been a good shout, even rather than a left back for a left back with only minutes left. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilai said:

I see Dyche's WWE/RU boys were at it again last night, this time v Leeds. How Barnes, Mee and Tarkowski don't get frequent red cards is beyond belief!????

Was thinking the same. Tarkowski with a deliberate forearm shiver to Bamford's face early on. A clear red card and received nothing. I was so pleased to see Bamford's goal.

Every season I hope to see Burnley relegated.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wilai said:

Michael Edwards' contract finishes at the end of the season. Not expected to renew.  Will he go out with a bang in the Jan window?

He's probably bored out of his tits with <deleted> all else to do but try and flog Origi for 2 summers

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So Bobby out for 3-4 months rumour circulating ????‍♂️

Not seen any confirmation and didn't look too serious as he walked off.....but the B'stards will probably only announce it after the window shuts!

Further assessment required but 3/4 months seems an exaggeration

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, wilai said:

Not seen any confirmation and didn't look too serious as he walked off.....but the B'stards will probably only announce it after the window shuts!

Further assessment required but 3/4 months seems an exaggeration

yeah Koptalk now blocked 

Happy contract extension day to everyone except the most important one, Mo' Salah. Even Orgi got a 4 yeah deal.

I'm not sure what the plan is with this club, but I hope they are keeping their pennies for a succession plan which needs to start 2022. Either that or they are selling the club. If they had any ambition a couple more players should have been brought in and a couple more shipped out. 

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Up the mighty Dale 

Well done Dale.

It comes to something though when we can't even put out an <21 side without half of them being unavailable because of International call ups. Far too much International football around especially for the younger age groups! There should be one youth squad (<18), one <21 and a full International squad only, not a different one for every bloody year group!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Happy contract extension day to everyone except the most important one, Mo' Salah. Even Orgi got a 4 yeah deal.

Hopefully the Mo contract comes soon....left the biggest till last by the looks of things. Don't think Origi has been offered one mate, he is only half way through a five year deal. Just idiots on #twatter doing wind ups

• Thanks 1

As expected, a quiet transfer window at our end. Despite most rivals getting shiny new toys, our intentions were made clear early doors irrespective of the rubbish rumours put out by the press. We were never gonna replace Gini, that would hinder the progression of Elliott and Jones.  IMO another (right sided) striker would have been useful but JK didn't see one worth buying. (Very young but Gordon may get minutes there).

Yes, given what our rivals are spending, it could be a gamble but time will tell. It should be remembered that we still have at least two full International players for every position and also have the likes of Elliott/Jones and possibly Kaide to fit in so things don't look too bad.

Despite horrendous injury issues last year we still made third, and this squad won the Premier and Champions League in the two preceding years. We've lost Gini but gained Thiago and Jota in the meantime and CB area has also been strengthened so I remain happy enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Hopefully the Mo contract comes soon....left the biggest till last by the looks of things. Don't think Origi has been offered one mate, he is only half way through a five year deal. Just idiots on #twatter doing wind ups

I am truely getting had the last few days ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

Nothing official. Did it against Chelsea so won't have trained all week. Must be a doubt for the weekend. VVD got a knock last night but reckons he is ok.

Since Naby got a rest with his match canceled, should be ready to come back in and start!

Unless his head is spinning due to the coup...

• Like 1

As things stand, Alisson, Fab and Bobby are not allowed to play against Leeds at the weekend due to Brazil and FIFA invoking a 5 day ban to clubs refusing to allow the players to travel to Brazil due to covid issues, Penalty for playing them is apparently a 3-0 defeat. As Leeds are also affected, I assume we'll have a 0-0 draw instead. FIFA and the various FA's  are a bloody joke!

Of course; EFC and Richarlison are not affected just to give them a chance????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wilai said:

As things stand, Alisson, Fab and Bobby are not allowed to play against Leeds at the weekend due to Brazil and FIFA invoking a 5 day ban to clubs refusing to allow the players to travel to Brazil due to covid issues, Penalty for playing them is apparently a 3-0 defeat. As Leeds are also affected, I assume we'll have a 0-0 draw instead. FIFA and the various FA's  are a bloody joke!

Of course; EFC and Richarlison are not affected just to give them a chance????

Seems like you could come off the worst out of this ban. 3 first team players

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Seems like you could come off the worst out of this ban. 3 first team players

And we have Jesus and Ederson.

We should FIFA to get stuffed. The 2 players from Spurs who went got kicked out of Brazil for not doing quarantine and telling porkies on the entry form. All of the PL players couldn't have played if they'd gone due to the Brazilian gov't own restrics, so why are Brazil invoking this? There are mitigating circumstances during this pandemic.

• Like 2