The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Nice job. Front 3 clicked. Hopefully more to come.

And when the front 3 click, the rest get pulled in to play.

Also it was a proper reply to the media wank about us drawing 2, not losing 3 out 4 like City.

Keita in the middle is looking like he's coming in to his own. 

edit Gini coming back in to this side was the difference. From thinking he should be sold to one of the most important players in this side. 

Edited by BangrakBob

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

And when the front 3 click, the rest get pulled in to play.

Also it was a proper reply to the media wank about us drawing 2, not losing 3 out 4 like City.

Keita in the middle is looking like he's coming in to his own. 

We need this and 10 more at least. When mane scored I was still not convinced but wijnaldums goal settled us, classy guy. Salah goal, Keith, a great pass to firmino and that was telepathic to Salah. That is the goal that clicks us into gear the forwards will repay the faith. 

• Like 1

Well that's the second blatant offside goal in the past two matches, for both Mane goals.  For anyone against VAR, at such a crucial time of the season the standard of refs and line officials really has to be better.  Milner was a meter offside last week, this weeks more marginal but still should have been flagged.  Lets face it, the same thing could happen tonight when City play Chelsea but it doesn't make it right. They could well decide the league which is wrong.  I've been against anything other than goal line tech up until recently but these decisions are making an ever stronger case for VAR.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well that's the second blatant offside goal in the past two matches, for both Mane goals.  For anyone against VAR, at such a crucial time of the season the standard of refs and line officials really has to be better.  Milner was a meter offside last week, this weeks more marginal but still should have been flagged.  Lets face it, the same thing could happen tonight when City play Chelsea but it doesn't make it right. They could well decide the league which is wrong.  I've been against anything other than goal line tech up until recently but these decisions are making an ever stronger case for VAR.

Have you seen how VAR is used in Italy ? Watch what you wish for !

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Have you seen how VAR is used in Italy ? Watch what you wish for !

Very true but i'm referring to it being used sensibly and correctly.  This post being in the Liverpool thread is merely coincidental, its not about any club in particular, just about poor calls.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bob, as you seem like the only regular  liverpool  poster these days, how did it go last night (i didn't see it)? Fair result? Who was decent and who wasn't? Ditto Bayern? Do you think you can do it in Bavaria?

I only watched the first half as I need my beauty sleep for tonights game but it was pretty much end to end stuff. Both teams going for it. Don't know if it slowed down in the 2nd half or not

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Mane’s home was burgled while he was playing in the club’s Champions League tie against Bayern Munich.

Raiders broke into his property in Allerton.

What's Allerton like? Upmarket?

I used to live in Aigburth which is lovely and near Allerton. Allerton is probably one of the most upmarket areas in Liverpool. Think but might be wrong that John Lennon and Paul McCartney lived in Allerton at one point. Quite near to Strawberry Fields

• Like 1

I thought Fabinho was excellent at centre back, far better than Matip. He and VVD together would be a great partnership. Both full backs were tested defensively and AA showed up better than Robertson. Keeping a clean sheet could be key. 1-1 in the 2nd leg, I reckon.

Fair play to Bayern, they have seamlessly replaced Robben and Ribery at the right time with Gnabry and Coman.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Make shift backline, missed VvD from an attacking distribution perspective. Bayern set up to not conceded and did it well,  Mane and Salah missed some chances and were not on it. Hendo was brilliant. Naby is really starting to fire. 

Not having Gomez or VvD paired centre back could be our undoing eventually.

We will score at the Allianz, and win.

yeah bob, think we will too, particularly with VVD back and them missing the excellent kimmich. they were very good though, as you'd expect from a team that has been in six of the last seven champions league semi-finals. they are experienced, savvy and know how to get results. 

1 hour ago, champers said:

I thought Fabinho was excellent at centre back, far better than Matip. He and VVD together would be a great partnership. Both full backs were tested defensively and AA showed up better than Robertson. Keeping a clean sheet could be key. 1-1 in the 2nd leg, I reckon.

Fair play to Bayern, they have seamlessly replaced Robben and Ribery at the right time with Gnabry and Coman.

That lad is an incredible player, that tackle second half. 

You make a good point in the absence of Gomez, but I'm salivating at the thought of Fabinho, Gini, and Keita going at United on Sunday.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

yeah bob, think we will too, particularly with VVD back and them missing the excellent kimmich. they were very good though, as you'd expect from a team that has been in six of the last seven champions league semi-finals. they are experienced, savvy and know how to get results. 

Considering their run of form too, we've not had a nil nil for a long time. Their strength was their experience. 

Next one should be an exciting tie with them having to come out and play at home. 

Think it actually could suit your pace away.. and agreed henderson was amazin.. keepin them out WILL be an issue robben and  co are DEFO a force to be reckoned with bottom line half time 0- 0 and  even stephens  JUST

thought kloppy got it wrong with his origi  sub...pace was NEVER gonna win that game but a spark of brill might have  easy to say post match but in fairness i did think it att.  well lookin 4 ward to the return GREAT NIGHT  A  true classic

35 minutes ago, StevieH said:

That was more like it. Dominant performance against a decent, in-form side in Watford. Alexander-Arnold was phenomenal, Fabinho great again. Mane's finish for the second one was disgraceful.

You need to somehow find a way of playing AA regularly in the team. He is the future of not only Liverpool but England. Far too good to be on the bench. 

Difficult decisions for Klopp I’m sure. 

Edited by Kadilo

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You need to somehow find a way of playing AA regularly in the team. He is the future of not only Liverpool but England. Far too good to be on the bench. 

Difficult decisions for Klopp I’m sure. 

Trent has started the big majority of matches this season. 25 appearances, only 2 as sub. England can of course sod off.

• Haha 2