The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

After a pretty tedious first half (albeit, conditions weren't too helpful), LFC improved after the break to overcome an in-form Arsenal 2-0 at their place. Goals came from Jota and Bobby F, A sublime through ball from Thiago set up the first just after a great block from Alisson had baled him out at the other end. 2nd goal was as a result of Robbo's persistence and he gets my MoM for that and also keeping an in form Saka quiet. 

Just a point behind City now and squeaky bum time for Mr BJ and his 'Diaz Dives' club????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Mr BJ and his 'Diaz Dives' club????

Thou doth protest too much

Football is about opinions and I gave mine. Your protesting and constantly bringing it up won't make me retract it mate. You lot like to skim over your fans acting like louts and smashing up buses but if someone dares to speak anything negative about one of your players you don't let it lie. Well I'm done on the subject

Seven changes from the Arsenal game and it showed as the 'Squad' side struggled to overcome stubborn Forest resistance.  An early miss from Firmino didn't help matters and a lot of the play didn't reach our expected heights. VVD and Konate never looked in any trouble though and a late Jota goal saw us through to face Citeh in the semi. MoM for me was VVD who was his usual imperious self.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

So they picked Wembley for the semi v City........Unfortunately, there are no train services from the North West all weekend. Clever planning by the FA....again????

They should just pick a good sized ground in the north west that we are both happy with and play there. I'd even be ok at OT, been a while since they've held a meaningful game there

• Like 2

Senegal beat Egypt on penalties in the African WCQ. Mane scored the winner after Mo and oher Egyptians had missed theirs.  Whether a complaint will be made is not yet known as lasers were apparently being aimed at Egypt's players during the shoot out.  The result means that Mo will not be in the WC this year.

Jota set up one of Portugal's goals as they beat surprise package N. Macedonia 2-0 to qualify themselves.

Holiday for Diaz though as Colombia failed to get thru'

Edited by wilai
update

10 hours ago, wilai said:

Premier League to allow 5 subs from next season.

Stop start stop start stop start.

Not a fan of this.

Remember back in the day, the starting 11 all had shirt numbers 1- 11 with the ONE substitute numbered 12.

Proper old school football times - With no woman at the matches either. Makes me happy inside when i think back to those days.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Stop start stop start stop start.

Not a fan of this.

Not as bad as it sounds. Only three breaks in play are allowed as is the case at the moment with 3 subs.  All other big leagues in Europe already have it in place.

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did he then rip all his clothes off and run into the stand ?

Not from what I saw.....he was actually helped by security staff as Senegalese fans were chucking stuff at the Egyptians as they left the field.

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Not from what I saw.....he was actually helped by security staff as Senegalese fans were chucking stuff at the Egyptians as they left the field.

I was making a "Hulk" refence .

Hulk turns green before ripping his clothes off and then runs somewhere 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, wilai said:

Hopefully to the Kop tomorrow after notching his hat trick against Watford????

That one aged well????....Suppose the signs were there! Early kick off after an International break, and it showed! Started sluggishly and then slowed down. Pleased to get that performance out of the way. 2-0 the score with Jota and Fab (pen) getting the goals but we played very poorly. Thiago was my MoM. 

Anyway, Top of the League at least for a couple of hours. Now let's see if Sean Dyche's lads can do us a favour????

The Premier League have announced that Anthony Taylor will referee Man City v LFC at the weekend. They have also announced our favourite Paul Tierney will be on VAR duty...........Further appointments include the Gallagher brothers as Asst Refs and Chesney from Coronation St will be the 4th official.????????