BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

The official Arsenal thread 2019

Dire gutless performance. The sort we are used to seeing against other top 4 teams away form home ..... oh hang on, Watford are bottom. Arsenal going nowhere this season.

Only Leno, Luis and Aubameyang earned a crust

that 2 nd half was truly shocking . your midfeild just collapsed, gve up the ghost.. all well blamin  louis and the defence but that midfeild  gave them  abso  no protection. and watford at will walked thru it  .. emri needs to kick <deleted>.. that wasnt a performance of a prem club .  let alone a prospective top 4 club. genuinely cant recall seeiin a prem team abso not tryin.. am i being harsh ? dont think so.. and can pepe be dealt with retrospectively for that kic out.. a stupid decision and on another day would and by the law should have seen red  but there were many poor decisions scatered throughout  ..  emri really cant just put it down to a bad day at the office... the mentallity of the team is all wrong imo its gone on  for far too long.. your lucky wenger signed  your strikers cos the rest of the team .. as far as i can see atm arent worth their shirt.

• Like 1

the dif between man city and liverpool and the arsenals and the tottenhams and chasin  pack is that m city and liverpool.. they both may lose occasionaly  but give them  a 2 goal lead,  your done and  reckon on losin.. against spurs the chavs, utds ect ect theres always a chance youll get bac into it..  i suppose spurs with verity and toby and DECENT defensive holding mids  look about the most solid, however... in that respect utd aint far behind.

7 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Dire gutless performance.

Didn't see the game. I don't like football anymore ☺

Was the result partially down to a new-manager inspired team?

Watched game last night, Arsenal were shocking, total lack of leadership on pitch, Waterford on the other hand, were well up for it, loved their shoot on sight policy, could be a long season for Arsenal.

Hard to believe that Watford are fighting relegation. 

Reckon you guys have got enough goals to beat United Monday, 2-3 to the <deleted>. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:05 PM, hackjam said:

Hard to believe that Watford are fighting relegation. 

What a difference a week makes in football.

• Like 1

Dunno how we are fourth. Hitting record lows in my 15 years of supporting in terms of quality of football and excitement factor. Top half but not top four.

Saving Unai Emery's bacon with the fans! Or at least muting the growing feeling he's not using his first team resources well.

Good to see our will-be first choice left and right backs (Bellerin and Tierney) both play a full game post injury ... and of course the promise of Brazillian Martinelli up front.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/16/2019 at 2:29 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

that 2 nd half was truly shocking . your midfeild just collapsed, gve up the ghost.. all well blamin  louis and the defence but that midfeild  gave them  abso  no protection. and watford at will walked thru it  .. emri needs to kick <deleted>.. that wasnt a performance of a prem club .  let alone a prospective top 4 club. genuinely cant recall seeiin a prem team abso not tryin.. am i being harsh ? dont think so.. and can pepe be dealt with retrospectively for that kic out.. a stupid decision and on another day would and by the law should have seen red  but there were many poor decisions scatered throughout  ..  emri really cant just put it down to a bad day at the office... the mentallity of the team is all wrong imo its gone on  for far too long.. your lucky wenger signed  your strikers cos the rest of the team .. as far as i can see atm arent worth their shirt.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:59 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

the dif between man city and liverpool and the arsenals and the tottenhams and chasin  pack is that m city and liverpool.. they both may lose occasionaly  but give them  a 2 goal lead,  your done and  reckon on losin.. against spurs the chavs, utds ect ect theres always a chance youll get bac into it..  i suppose spurs with verity and toby and DECENT defensive holding mids  look about the most solid, however... in that respect utd aint far behind.

Blimey, how things can change. No wonder he’s hiding. 

Well done on reaching the top 3. It might not be perfect and indifferent at times but when you look across the road and around you in the Premiership at the moment things are not going too bad overall. 

Edited by Kadilo

On 10/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

The goons have a frontline as dangerous as anyone....that defence though is going to get punished badly at times.

Don't think you'll find a soul in The Emirates that would disagree with you re defence comment Ronnie. Hoping that Bellerin, Holding and Tierney will spread a bit of glitter at the back, but I suspect it will also take the signing of a solid defensive mid in January to hang it all together. I've been unimpressed with Xhaka this year (seems more intent on crudely bringing opponents down on the margins of 2 yellow cards than robbing them cleanly) and goodness knows what happened to the flair Torreira showed last year.

The dangerous frontline = Aubameyang (and Lacazette) when there is a need to double up on strikers. Pepe is a huge disappointment and there is too much inconsistency in the manager's selection of which promising youth will get the call this week to have a match-winning effect in big matches.

Maybe I'm hypercritical, but to me in belies belief that we are 3rd in the Prem.

Came across this video today. Former Arsenal players: Dennis Bergkamp interviewed by Ian Wright (09/10/19):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgVAkT2LV0