This Official Thread business

smokie36

Topics containing thousands of posts have been wreaking havoc with the Forum Software.

This advice has been provided by the technical support at Invision, and mods and admin are now trying to remedy the situation.

5 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Topics containing thousands of posts have been wreaking havoc with the Forum Software.

This advice has been provided by the technical support at Invision, and mods and admin are now trying to remedy the situation.

Not to be contrary, but do the umpteen billion advertisements play a role as well ?

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I can understand the issue but would suggest moving the last couple of pages at least on to the new topics in order to provide some consistency at least.

An eminently logical suggestion. The management team do not seem too prompt in responding. Strange that they did not avoid a negative reaction by announcing in advance what was happening.

And why weren't we permitted to name our own forums instead of this "Official...2019" nonsense. For example the Spurs one could have been "The World according to Carmine" or "Alfie asks you a question but never answers one" or "zpurs futball 365 bie 3mins2" or "Ronnie's prawn sandwich travelogue".

31 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I suspect United fans would be quite happy  if they just closed their thread until the summer

Has the United in Decline thread been removed?

Seems to have disappeared at a time when it actually does have some relevance!!!

12 hours ago, carmine said:

Has the United in Decline thread been removed?

Seems to have disappeared at a time when it actually does have some relevance!!!

not so sure that it is ,, moyes and dutch boy did a good job in 'starting ' a decline murry for all his unnattractive boring football he HAS stablised them, they atm imo aint gonna win the prem or the champs lge, however they aint gonna drift into mid table medocracy which under the others looked a distinct possibilty

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

not so sure that it is ,, moyes and dutch boy did a good job in 'starting ' a decline murry for all his unnattractive boring football he HAS stablised them, they atm imo aint gonna win the prem or the champs lge, however they aint gonna drift into mid table medocracy which under the others looked a distinct possibilty

Stabilised?!!!!!  460m spent, -1 goal difference and Bob Hope or no hope of top four.  Thats some stability!!!  

They are exactly where they were under van Gaal less 460m in the bank.

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Also i forgot to add; they are as close to the bottom as they are to the top.  The absolute epitome of mid table mediocrity, and have arguably regressed since van Goal with a lighter bank account to the tune of nearly half a billionaire quid. He has taken United back further than either of the prior two coaches as the stats indicate.  Bravo Jose!

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Also i forgot to add; they are as close to the bottom as they are to the top.  The absolute epitome of mid table mediocrity, and have arguably regressed since van Goal with a lighter bank account to the tune of nearly half a billionaire quid. He has taken United back further than either of the prior two coaches as the stats indicate.  Bravo Jose!

nonsence over the last 3 ish  giggs included, managers stat wise he's the best,, improving almost every cat'  

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

nonsence over the last 3 ish  giggs included, managers stat wise he's the best,, improving almost every cat'  

Huh?  Look at the league table.  Watch them play, (albeit they did ok against Arsenal)  listen to their fans.....and you think i'm talking nonsense!!!!  The stats back up everything i've said!!

You must be the only football fan in the country that thinks he's improving them.  Mourinho has done an awful job, spent fortunes and landed them mid table with a negative goal difference.  And you think that's improvement!!!

I'd love to know what you would consider failure.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:56 PM, jellydog said:

TVisa has been slow as molasses lately. Maybe these long threads have been identified as the reason...or maybe they are hoping they are the reason.

Have you noticed any  improvement jelly? Mine seems to be improved a bit, but still erratic. Until I saw your post I just assumed it was my huawei being a nob.

18 minutes ago, rott said:

Have you noticed any  improvement jelly? Mine seems to be improved a bit, but still erratic. Until I saw your post I just assumed it was my huawei being a nob.

It is better today for me, and instances of slowness seem to be diminishing. I am sure us football fans caused the problem.:whistling:

16 hours ago, carmine said:

Huh?  Look at the league table.  Watch them play, (albeit they did ok against Arsenal)  listen to their fans.....and you think i'm talking nonsense!!!!  The stats back up everything i've said!!

You must be the only football fan in the country that thinks he's improving them.  Mourinho has done an awful job, spent fortunes and landed them mid table with a negative goal difference.  And you think that's improvement!!!

I'd love to know what you would consider failure.

i aint talking opinions ,, i'm talking FACTS murry stat'  wise is  BETTER prev managers

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

i aint talking opinions ,, i'm talking FACTS murry stat'  wise is  BETTER prev managers

Sorry, but opinions aside there current malaise is just as bad as its ever been since Ferguson retired, and at a cost of 460m.  Those are the facts.  They are mid table. Fact.  They have a negative goal difference. Fact.  

So where's the improvement?  Wheres the increased stability. What do you see that no one else can?

14 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I think Moroniho is doing just fine, he's even keeping £42M Fred out of the team until he has a better defence.

Now that's what I call planning ahead!

Long may it continue!

The statement issued yesterday by his agent Mendes is hilarious.  As Oliver Holt tweeted; it's like the opening salvo to get Mourinho a full payout!

6 hours ago, sotsira said:

I think Moroniho is doing just fine, he's even keeping £42M Fred out of the team until he has a better defence.

Are you questioning his logic? Sounds pretty sensible to me. And we may only have to wait until Jan for that improved defence to arrive.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:00 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

And why weren't we permitted to name our own forums instead of this "Official...2019" nonsense. For example the Spurs one could have been "The World according to Carmine" or "Alfie asks you a question but never answers one" or "zpurs futball 365 bie 3mins2" or "Ronnie's prawn sandwich travelogue".

I think another reason for the official threads is when a poster creates a thread they have the option to request it is closed. Imagine Carmine with his own thread, he'd close it down every time he starts crying. 

11 hours ago, carmine said:

Sorry, but opinions aside there current malaise is just as bad as its ever been since Ferguson retired, and at a cost of 460m.  Those are the facts.  They are mid table. Fact.  They have a negative goal difference. Fact.  

So where's the improvement?  Wheres the increased stability. What do you see that no one else can?

i wont bore you with what i see cos , your always right arnt you carms,, however stat wise regarding murry over prev utd managers your wrong ,,,,,,, READ ;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_United_F.C._managers#Statistics

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I think another reason for the official threads is when a poster creates a thread they have the option to request it is closed. Imagine Carmine with his own thread, he'd close it down every time he starts crying. 

the really good thing  with carmine is he's proved time and time again he 

isnt an arse hole

Archived