The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Thought you were unlucky sarri got the tactics bang on. aided by  your bac line which imo  gave as good a performance as i've seen in recent times..  hazard caused havoc .. but he doesnt look on top of his game to me. the goal keeper... <deleted>..!! If he wasnt such a bloody good keeper and SO much wedge..   he'd just  have to go

....however he is and doesnt it show where the coach's 'at'/standing  with the squad? .  i'm struggling between feeling sori for sari.. it just shouldnt have happened.. coach decision HAS to be final .. and  if not.

well surely his position becomes  untenable ? ..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

....however he is and doesnt it show where the coach's 'at'/standing  with the squad? .  i'm struggling between feeling sori for sari.. it just shouldnt have happened.. coach decision HAS to be final .. and  if not.

well surely his position becomes  untenable ? ..

Kepa was going to come off because he was injured , he then recovered and told the coach that he was fit enough to continue playing

7 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Strange that CHO could be "trusted" to come on in a Wembley final against arguably the best team in the country so soon after he couldn't start at home against one of the worst teams in PL history, indeed one that had won only two of their previous 24 PL matches this season and had picked up just one point out of the previous 33 available.

Sarri does n,t knows what,s going on inside his own head......when he,s gagging for Fag.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Strange that CHO could be "trusted" to come on in a Wembley final against arguably the best team in the country so soon after he couldn't start at home against one of the worst teams in PL history, indeed one that had won only two of their previous 24 PL matches this season and had picked up just one point out of the previous 33 available.

It's folly to go overboard on substitutions because they're fresh, while they are mainly up against an opponents that are weary but, there is no doubt, Hudson -Odoi and Loftus -Cheek provided an energy and dynamism to our midfield. That piece of skill by Loftus -Cheek to send Hazard away, only to be ruled marginally offside, was class. Emerson showed Sarri, if he didn't needed reminding already, that the left wing back position is his.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Kepa was going to come off because he was injured , he then recovered and told the coach that he was fit enough to continue playing

Yeah that was plain to see.. but sarris and zolas  V ANGRY reaction suggests actually states another dimension  NOT in any shape harmonious.. another eg the full time group 'hug' broke up b4 sarri had actually finished  .. TROUBLE in camp.. no doubts

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah that was plain to see.. but sarris and zolas  V ANGRY reaction suggests actually states another dimension  NOT in any shape harmonious.. another eg the full time group 'hug' broke up b4 sarri had actually finished  .. TROUBLE in camp.. no doubts

Thy were annoyed at the time because they thought that he was injured and needed to come off , it was only when the medics got back to the bench and explained that it was just cramp that they realised that he didnt need to come off

52 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thy were annoyed at the time because they thought that he was injured and needed to come off , it was only when the medics got back to the bench and explained that it was just cramp that they realised that he didnt need to come off

how exactly do you know that? you could see plain as day  no way did sarri or zola  calm down and which ever way you think it, the player is bang out of order the management team made a decision to replace a player even on sunday am footy PLAYERS DONT refuse to follow what the coach says FULL STOP its the established chain of command and when its broken basically the games up. THINGS DONT OR CANT  WORK    

, the keepers saving grace is he cost bundles and he's better then your reserve, BUT if the manager has ANY BOTTLE or any wish to  regain some form of discipline/respect , he'll drop the fuc out of the keeper, but lets face it sari he's a dead man walking,

26 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

how exactly do you know that? you could see plain as day  no way did sarri or zola  calm down and which ever way you think it, the player is bang out of order the management team made a decision to replace a player even on sunday am footy PLAYERS DONT refuse to follow what the coach says FULL STOP its the established chain of command and when its broken basically the games up. THINGS DONT OR CANT  WORK    

, the keepers saving grace is he cost bundles and he's better then your reserve, BUT if the manager has ANY BOTTLE or any wish to  regain some form of discipline/respect , he'll drop the fuc out of the keeper, but lets face it sari he's a dead man walking,

They made the decision to replace a player on the belief that he was injured , the player then tried to tell the bench that he didnt need to be replaced because it wasnt a serious injury.

If the substitution was a tactical switch , then the player should have walked straight off , but this was a substitution based on an perceived injury and a misunderstanding

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

thats the way youd LIKE US TO THINK it played out BUT we all know it aint the real picture  mate and you know it, IF that was the case there wouldnt have been any need for ott  anger and mr level headed quite man zola would have steadied the ship but he didnt he got anrgy as well   its a PUBLIC HUMILIATION for sarri and co and there's abso no way bac for him,, unless of coarse they out the keeper  and we all know thats never gonna happen , it should but it aint gonna,

If Sarri wanted a tactical change , he would have got the other keeper ready to go on , but the other keeper was still on the bench in his tracksuit and only began to get ready after Kepa was laying on the floor , which shows it wasnt a deliberate tactical change

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

any of your lot read this on Sarri-ball, interesting....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47324210

Nice read;but it is gamble a huge gamble to try to teach an old dog new tricks. Bar the players brought in;the existing players are all serial winners. Kepa not a winner Jorhinio not a winner Higgy (best days are behind him). Dont think we will back anyone to the extent we backed Mou in his 1st and maybe his 2nd spell. 

We need a complete new board and a proper sporting director.imho....oh and a win 2tomorrow night/morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

For all the negativity surrounding Sarri recently I actually think he has handled the Kepa incident very well and come out with more credibility. 

Not for me....he should have called Dave (his Captain) over and told him to get him off the pitch or better still told John Moss i want to sub him....end of.

Kepa missed the Thursday game against Malmo cos he wasn,t 100% fit.

2 Seasons ago Costa signalled/motioned to the bench/Conte (take me off we have won the game and i want a rest) Conte...."i make the subs ...not you" you can stay out there. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

2 Seasons ago Costa signalled/motioned to the bench/Conte (take me off we have won the game and i want a rest) Conte...."i make the subs ...not you" you can stay out there. 

Worked well that one mate????

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

For all the negativity surrounding Sarri recently I actually think he has handled the Kepa incident very well and come out with more credibility. 

I would like to see how Diego Simeone would handle that situation. Kepa would be lucky to get out of the dressing room alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I would like to see how Diego Simeone would handle that situation. Kepa would be lucky to get out of the dressing room alive.

I've NO DOUBTS  He'd drop him and transfer list him .. but seems kapa has been fined a weeks wages admitted he was wrong  and  has apologised to all .. despite his ONE PEN save   without   the disruption/major distraction he caused would   chelsea have won the cup? . we'll never know .. BUT what happened is in no way positive and helped nothing  ..but hey we'll never know...all we know is that chelsea losthttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47365945  

Editt think keith  simmons has a good take on it..

Edited by 3 minus 2

Honestly think this is where money counts.. if it  were  yoof  or ANY other standard footie.. 100% he'd be dropped and u'de manage the consequences what he did CANT be allowed to happen it breaks the long established chain of command  . 60 mil transfer investment says whats right aint gonna happen.    but hey <deleted> do i know..  anyways after that i'm feeling for sarri and i'm hoping  he gets more time.. though the way things are going ien this transfer ban, those windows were gonna b crucial for him imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Honestly think this is where money counts.. if it  were  yoof  or ANY other standard footie.. 100% he'd be dropped and u'de manage the consequences what he did CANT be allowed to happen it breaks the long established chain of command  . 60 mil transfer investment says whats right aint gonna happen.    but hey <deleted> do i know..  anyways after that i'm feeling for sarri and i'm hoping  he gets more time.. though the way things are going ien this transfer ban, those windows were gonna b crucial for him imo 

We are a bit different at this club.....(DDN) don,t do normal. Take Morata...oh no someone has....75 million now on loan. Costa sacked by text message....Conte actually takes training at the start of this current season, Luiz Matic .....buy sell buy,buy sell buy sell.

Sarri will get more time (i think) he came here on the premise that he did n,t need the transfer market he  ''could work with what we got'' and we have got a lot... 60 players out there and counting. He doesn,t need a transfer window....he needs WhatsApp or Snapchat to find where all these players are.

On a personnel note i am (yeah that,s big of me) prepared to give him more time if he can make the right changes at the right time (like he did on Sunday) and mix things up a bit. He now,at long last has realized that Alonso is not the best left back in the world (as some smart arssed reporter just quoted him as saying 5 months back in his press conference) Spain realized that in one game,one full cap against England run ragged by Sterling.....no more caps for Alonso.

Now get rid of Jorhinio for Ampudu give Christensen more game time Along with Cho.....and give the armband to Rudiger or Kante.....and he will do for me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See Cascarino has slammed Hazard's panenka penalty, labelling the panenka-style spotkick as “completely unprofessional.” Can't  agree. If you've  got the talent like Hazard has then do it. I thought it was brilliant.

As long as you put it in the back of the net, and its legal, who cares a <deleted> if it upsets the luvvie in goal?

• Like 2

Very strange goings on  in the Spursy thread - none of them posting (sent us all to Coventry) - which must be a first. So I'll ask here.

What's your prediction for tonight? I'm going 1v0 Hazard.

I reckon kepa will play despite Sarri probably wanting to drop the bastard.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Huge game this tonight....hopefully you'll be crying into your cornflakes after the final whistle.

Where is that bloody rascal Seapok...I'll have to go noise him up on faceache I suppose. :post-4641-1156694572:

Don't be surprised that he's in another marathon, probably in Outer Mongolia knowing him!

• Haha 1