The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

26 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

True to form for You as usual. You only get pleasure from someone else's,s misfortunes....

I take pleasure in the knowledge your club has been properly punished for breaking the rules.

Let's all hope its an effective deterrent in future.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2019 at 7:50 PM, keithsimmonds said:

If Sarri stays i will look forward to the last 6 weeks of the season when Reece James, Mason Mount, Dujon Sterling Fikayo Tomori,Tammy Abraham,Jay Dasilva,Kylian Hazard, Kasey Palmer, and maybe Clarke Salter ......get a run out.

Get Terry back as defence coach and i might be happy....errrr

Third place secured, Champions League next season and a Europa League Final to look forward to in Azherbajan! Astonishing considering we've got a truly awful centre forward who totters around the field like my old grandma and winges far more than she ever did (take your rose tinted glasses off Sarri because he most definitely is not the player you knew at Napoli), a holding midfielder/ playmaker and a left back  who are painfully slow and a few other candidates who's inadequacies are too numerous to mention and must be shown the door. On the flip side, we've got (for the moment at least) what must be one of the top four players in the world, a fantastically energetic midfielder who's stamina is limitless and a couple of emerging midfield talented types who are able to saunter past players as though they are of little consequence.

With the likelihood that Hazard will leave and a transfer ban likely, we need ten players from our "loan army" to stake their claims for next season and beyond, because what we have now aren't good enough, are too old, too slow and are not the future of the club. We were fortunate this season that Arsenal had a worse defence than we did, Tottenham were flaky in matches they should have won and United have players with the strength of character of a vole. We can't rely on us being that fortunate next season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

Third place secured, Champions League next season and a Europa League Final to look forward to in Azherbajan! Astonishing considering we've got a truly awful centre forward who totters around the field like my old grandma and winges far more than she ever did (take your rose tinted glasses off Sarri because he most definitely is not the player you knew at Napoli), a holding midfielder/ playmaker and a left back  who are painfully slow and a few other candidates who's inadequacies are too numerous to mention and must be shown the door. On the flip side, we've got (for the moment at least) what must be one of the top four players in the world, a fantastically energetic midfielder who's stamina is limitless and a couple of emerging midfield talented types who are able to saunter past players as though they are of little consequence.

With the likelihood that Hazard will leave and a transfer ban likely, we need ten players from our "loan army" to stake their claims for next season and beyond, because what we have now aren't good enough, are too old, too slow and are not the future of the club. We were fortunate this season that Arsenal had a worse defence than we did, Tottenham were flaky in matches they should have won and United have players with the strength of character of a vole. We can't rely on us being that fortunate next season.

Good summary Og. 

Transfer Ban if it stands could be a blessing in disguise.....but i cant see (if Sarri is still here that is) him wanting to get rid of experienced players like Pedro Alonso or Willian for starters. I know Ampudu is injured but along with Rlc and Hudson Odoi, Sarri should have played him more than he did.

Still don't know about Hazard.......but with the 2 big euro cups being all English affairs......says a lot about Premier league.

• Like 2

Emotional.....Terry v Lampard for the play - off Final. Well done to Mason Mount and Fikyao Tomori on last nights victory over Leeds.....will see both players in the Prem next season......hopefully...... with us.

Plus Tammy.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

An interesting article in the Guardian a few days ago, which said that Chelsea have yet to contact CAS, after the transfer ban by FIFA was upheld on appeal. The reason put forward was that the potential transfer targets are either not available or too expensive right now, so Chelsea may decide to see out the two window transfer ban starting this summer. It also appears that we can permanently sign loanees Kovacic and Higuaín. Kovacic yes, primarily because Loftus -Cheek will be out, after the start of next season, due to a ruptured achilles, so he will add experience and guile in midfield. Higuaín? Well, unless he grows wings and loses a couple of stone, he would never make it in my team. Add to that the plethora of young talent out on loan, who will be champing at the bit to prove a point in the first team squad, and things could look very interesting next season.  

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Sarri will be the Death of me. Rlc gets injured (the bloke did not need to play) 

Any of the players could have gotten injured though , cannot really blame Sarri for picking a player that got injured , if you need to blame anyone , blame the person that organised the game 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oldgit said:

An interesting article in the Guardian a few days ago, which said that Chelsea have yet to contact CAS, after the transfer ban by FIFA was upheld on appeal. The reason put forward was that the potential transfer targets are either not available or too expensive right now, so Chelsea may decide to see out the two window transfer ban starting this summer. It also appears that we can permanently sign loanees Kovacic and Higuaín. Kovacic yes, primarily because Loftus -Cheek will be out, after the start of next season, due to a ruptured achilles, so he will add experience and guile in midfield. Higuaín? Well, unless he grows wings and loses a couple of stone, he would never make it in my team. Add to that the plethora of young talent out on loan, who will be champing at the bit to prove a point in the first team squad, and things could look very interesting next season.  

He'll just flog his old favourites to death rather than give any of them a chance, sadly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Any of the players could have gotten injured though , cannot really blame Sarri for picking a player that got injured , if you need to blame anyone , blame the person that organised the game 

True anyone could of got injured,but Rlc has had his problems this season with injuries and the game was over as as a contest. He took 5 young players and 2 0f them got a run out for a combined 45 minutes???.....and we have a Final coming up.

26 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

He'll just flog his old favourites to death rather than give any of them a chance, sadly.

Have to agree with that.

Rather disappointing,as i recall on his appointment he sad that he would work with the squad he has and was not interested in the transfer market.

I know,i should n,t moan after the season we have had,whether we beat Arsenal or not,but our football has been thuckking dire and painful to watch for a large part of it,and having Sarri :stoner:say he cant motivate the players or "i just dunno comments" when asked what,s going on and sending out the same team week after week and making the same subs every thuckking game and constantly writing "what the thucck am i doing here " on his memo pad every bleeding game and nothing changes for the next game.......i am not sure i could endure another 55 odd game season like that again....added to that the 30 odd 2/3 am kick off's ughhhhhhhhhh

Despite all that "i am Chelsea till i die".:wink:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

True anyone could of got injured,but Rlc has had his problems this season with injuries and the game was over as as a contest. He took 5 young players and 2 0f them got a run out for a combined 45 minutes???.....and we have a Final coming up.

My first impression, on switching on for the game was:

1) What a state the pitch was in.

2) Why are we starting with so many important players?

The answer to no. 2 must have been that Sarri was under orders from Abramovich to get more arse'oles on seats for his pet project. Loftus -Cheek has become a very important player for us, with his scything runs and heading ability at set pieces so, taking into account his history of injuries, I wouldn't have brought him on, on that surface.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 10:23 AM, oldgit said:

Add to that the plethora of young talent out on loan, who will be champing at the bit to prove a point in the first team squad, and things could look very interesting next season.  

That's exactly what excites me.

BTW, anyone know what channel the Europa league final is on?

Well I didn’t expect that, happy for the win especially over Arsenal.
Sad because I actually realised tonight that Hazard will most likely leave this summer.
But hey, we’ve had players leave and retire before, life goes on[emoji170]
IMG_5108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2