The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Speaking of "Madame Tussauds".....Alonso (our waxwork left back) although according to Sarri (dont know whether he was drinking Carlsberg at the time) "probably the best left back in Euroupe" could be off to Atm..... things could just get better and better....

Sell Willian to Barca for 40 million Baht and i might start going to Church on Sundays ????

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm going to miss Hazard. For a non-Chelsea fan he was THE reason to watch your games. 

Well other than him, for most of the season you wouldn't have watched the rest of us for entertainment value!

• Like 1

I think it could be the making of us. Get the right management team in place,play the many talented youngsters and loan players we have and "Bobs your fannys your Aunt". We are serial winners and that imho aint gonna change. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If this ban isn't lifted you're going to struggle badly I think.

I think much depends upon the recovery of RLC and CHO.

Kovacic, Jorginho and Higuan have simply not cut it over the course of a season and an significantly improved level of performance for the last 45 minutes of action against a wobbly Arsenal side can't disguise that. It looks increasingly likely that Kovacic will join Higuain in leaving the club, neither will be missed.

I'd have Abraham and even Bats back over Higuain. I don't think we should be overly worried about the next season and if we miss out on a pot for a year that's not the end of the world.

21 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Let's nab him before some other Premier League club does. Him or Eddie Howe would be my preferences.

What about David Moyes? A much better manager than some. Got a rough deal at Utd, then clutched at straws. Lamps did well last year; but not THAT well. Couldn't get past Villa.

Eddie Howe should stay where he is for a couple more years.

Chelsea need a big name like Moysie.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

What about David Moyes? A much better manager than some. Got a rough deal at Utd, then clutched at straws. Lamps did well last year; but not THAT well. Couldn't get past Villa.

Eddie Howe should stay where he is for a couple more years.

Chelsea need a big name like Moysie.

Did you fall out of your tree???

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, champers said:

What about Bielsa from Leeds? He could keep things ticking over till Lampard is ready.

Not a bad idea, but it looks like Lampard is close to signed, sealed and delivered. Even if he struggles for awhile the Chelsea "faithful" won't turn on him as quickly as they would just about any other manager. And any manager might struggle initially what with the transfer situation and Hazard gone. Smart move by the Chelsea suits I'd wager.

• Like 2

So now Jorginho might be off to Juve.......Brilliant...... chuck in Higuain.. give in to Barca over Willian throw in Alonso and i will be over the moon.

Must at all costs keep Kante though.....losing Hazard was bad enough cant lose Kante as well.

• Like 2

Just looking at the 'ammunition' we have on offer, including the loanees returning, for next season.

Goalkeepers....No problems there with Kepa, Caballero and Bulka although there's talk he may be going to PSG this summer. Keep him at all costs, I think.

Defence…..Loads of options with the usual suspects plus Zouma, Omeruo, Reece James, Ampudu and a few on the periphery such as Clark - Salter, Dujon Sterling and Jay Da Silva

Midfield.....Kovacic loan runs out on 30th. June. Just add goals to his game and he'll be great for us. That could come with Frank at the helm with different tactics to Sarri. Again the usual crowd plus Bakayoko (!), Pulisic, Mount, Pasalic, Gallagher. Not sure if Lewis Baker and Kasey Palmer have kicked on enough.

Attack....,A bit thin on the ground with Giroud, Abraham, Willian, Pedro, Hudson -Odoi, Morata (if only that bloke would finally knuckle down to the task) and Batshuayi. Higuaín can piss off back to Italy.

A few youngsters with loads of potential to consider......Billy Gilmour, Martell Taylor - Crossdale, Daishawn Redan and Charlie Brown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Just looking at the 'ammunition' we have on offer, including the loanees returning, for next season.

Goalkeepers....No problems there with Kepa, Caballero and Bulka although there's talk he may be going to PSG this summer. Keep him at all costs, I think.

Defence…..Loads of options with the usual suspects plus Zouma, Omeruo, Reece James, Ampudu and a few on the periphery such as Clark - Salter, Dujon Sterling and Jay Da Silva

Midfield.....Kovacic loan runs out on 30th. June. Just add goals to his game and he'll be great for us. That could come with Frank at the helm with different tactics to Sarri. Again the usual crowd plus Bakayoko (!), Pulisic, Mount, Pasalic, Gallagher. Not sure if Lewis Baker and Kasey Palmer have kicked on enough.

Attack....,A bit thin on the ground with Giroud, Abraham, Willian, Pedro, Hudson -Odoi, Morata (if only that bloke would finally knuckle down to the task) and Batshuayi. Higuaín can piss off back to Italy.

A few youngsters with loads of potential to consider......Billy Gilmour, Martell Taylor - Crossdale, Daishawn Redan and Charlie Brown. 

Yep Og that lot will do for me....get a proper defensive coach in to sort out that stupid 10 man zonal marking at every set piece and its onwards and upwards ????

• Like 2

Roman telling Frank “this is what you could win” and it ain’t no speedboat or caravan [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1