The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 7/25/2019 at 4:16 PM, oldgit said:

Glad to hear it, as some of his posts were of a man that had been on the piss all night.

Ses the man who said " it was a tactical masterclass" after drawing at home with Barce befoe eventually going out,think you was on more than piss after that statement ????

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Luiz tried the 'big I am' with Frank and the rest of the backroom staff and was put in his place. I'm guessing that, for the United game, Lampard wanted pace throughout the team, so he opted for Zouma and Christensen as the centre back partnership, both very quick as defenders go. We'll miss Luiz's leadership and booming cross field passing (maybe that attribute isn't important in Frank's football philosophy of keeping the ball) but we certainly won't miss his lack of pace.

I will miss him,he done us proud on many occasions......good luck to him.

• Like 2

I liked what i saw for most of that game. Thought Mason Kovacic Emerson and Tammy did really well. Pedro was a knobhead for the 1st goal giving the ball away far too cheaply in the wrong area of the pitch,Barkley and Jorhinio also guilty of the same offence. Dave was exposed for his complete lack of pace and would be better suited to a centre back role. A fully fit Kante plus Reece James or Toumori at Rb along with Rubens and Cho and we are a different side. 

I expect at least 7 changes for the liverpool game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I liked what i saw for most of that game. Thought Mason Kovacic Emerson and Tammy did really well. Pedro was a knobhead for the 1st goal giving the ball away far too cheaply in the wrong area of the pitch,Barkley and Jorhinio also guilty of the same offence. Dave was exposed for his complete lack of pace and would be better suited to a centre back role. A fully fit Kante plus Reece James or Toumori at Rb along with Rubens and Cho and we are a different side. 

I expect at least 7 changes for the liverpool game.

Don't forget Rudiger out as well Keith. Agree with your summary. As Frank said, there were some harsh lessons to be learned here, one of which is that if we are looking to take the game to teams like United, Liverpool and City, we have got to make it stick because they have pacy, top class players that can do you on the counter. Which brings me to the importance of Kante in the team. He has the pace and tackling ability that can break up attacks, which Jorginho will never have.

• Like 2

Second half collapse reminded me of Arsenal a few seasons ago.

I don't doubt the Luiz is a less effective player than a couple of seasons ago but equally I don't doubt you would have not shipped 4 if he was still in charge of the defense. Tammy did really well? I'd have to watch the replay again - I thought he looked lightweight.

Too early of course to draw any conclusions (other than that Man City look nailed on for no 1  ???? )

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

I don't doubt the Luiz is a less effective player than a couple of seasons ago but equally I don't doubt you would have not shipped 4 if he was still in charge of the defense. Tammy did really well? I'd have to watch the replay again - I thought he looked lightweight.

Too early of course to draw any conclusions (other than that Man City look nailed on for no 1  ???? )

Up until the 2nd goal i thought Chelsea were the better team and were unfortunate to be 0v1 down to a moment of Zouma stupidity. ManUs 3rd was decent but fortunate with the 4th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Opinions.....imo Tammy did do well with what ball he had and had his effort that hit the post gone in with De gea beaten all ends up then he would have received mom and not maguire imo.

How that manc ref did not give a foul on Tammy by Maguire that led to there second goal i,ll never know, had that foul been committed just 2 yards further into the penalty area then that certainly would have been reviewed by var and a penalty given IMO... add to that the 4th goal where Sandie Shaw struck Zouma in the face and both he and Maguire signaled to the ref to have look.....but no that manc (deleted) ignored it and a hugely deflected 4th goal was then scored....

and please don't ever compare your flakey mob with us ( a few seasons ago:cheesy:) try 3 months ago and the Europa league Final......your memory has gone along with your eyesight.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Up until the 2nd goal i thought Chelsea were the better team and were unfortunate to be 0v1 down to a moment of Zouma stupidity. ManUs 3rd was decent but fortunate with the 4th.

The Abraham goals goes in and it’s a totally different game. We could be reading the same headlines as last season re Solskjaer. Never a 4-0 game. Ref had a stinker. 

Edited by Kadilo

The Altrincham ref says he supports Altrincham not City or ManU - personally i don't believe it - nevertheless he lives far too close to either or both of those clubs not to be 'influenced' (by family, friends, neighbours, regional bias, etc) and should never ref a game they are involved in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

The day i get as bored as you with the "runaway train " that is Citeh and start posting ruguarly on the "dustbin lid" thread will never come for me.

I know which side of the bed to get out and that will never change and good bad or thuckking ugly...i am Chelsea till i die.

So you should be Keef....this aint the year though for your lot I'm afraid thanks to that ban.

Maybe you'll be back if Abramovic doesn't get arrested or worse.

Kante is fully fit if anyone wants to know????... and i will give Sarri a massive big up as Kante is playing so far forward and is one of the main reasons we are winning this game. Fast pressing,quick passing combative you name we got it. Best 45 minutes i have seen from Chelsea since....????????????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Good game that....all twelve of your fans attending must have enjoyed it.

Now I wish that Tottenham would have won the Champions League , Chelsea would have won last night , had Tottenam won the CL

• Haha 1

Not that it matters much now but, under the new rules regarding a goalkeeper's positioning on the goal line, shouldn't have Tammy's penalty been retaken? Adrian was a least a foot in front of the line?

Thoroughly pleased with the way we played however, with plenty of movement and pace with and without the ball. Pulisic's finish just before half time, which was ruled out for offside, was very classy.

• Like 2

Possible that Willian might get some game time on Sunday. Question is will we see the same Willian we have seen for the last 5 or so years.....the  maze runs, passes, free kicks and corners that have come to nothing the arms up in the air for every other players ineptitude at not knowing what he Willian had intended,lying on the deck in agony waiting for that free kick that never comes after someone has made the slightest of contacts with him.....

I am hoping and expecting a different Willian....a match winner....you got Hazards shirt now go and show why we ain,t gonna miss him (we haven,t so far imho).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wilai said:

I've read that refs have been told that it must be a 'blatant and clear' violation of the law. Presumably in this case the ref didn't think it was. They don't half make things difficult for themselves.

A defender makes minimal contact in the penalty area and the attacker goes down, but the transgressor appeals to the referee that he didn't mean it so the ref. doesn't give it! Yeah, they are opening up a large can of worms for themselves alright