The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

A good watch very competitve.Leicrster more than deserved the point they got. Thought Pedro should have been subbed,mainly because of the 120 mins he played the other night. Zouma imo was excellent and along with Kepa Kante and Emerson would be my only definite starters from one week to the next.

Willian did not let me down....his 20 minute cameo was truly thucvkking awful....i very much doubt he will ever start a game 4 us again.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Og dosen,t do....

Acronyms,  Pseudonyms, double entendres,Sarcasm or Blatant......."Tongue in cheek"????

He's still the respectable OG regardless, and I don't hate Chelsea like I used to. I kept trying to root for Leicester but it would not take. I like Frankie, who is a pro's pro. Rodgers OTOH has always reminded me of a used car salesman.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Scintillating football for the first 15 minutes, then I thought "How long can this go on?" This Leicester team is good. They've got skill, pace and experience so they worked their way back into the game and, for long spells in the second half, had us under the cosh. Zouma, prone to the odd mistake, was excellent here as was Christensen. Azpilicueta defended well but couldn't cross a ball if his life depended on it. In the middle part of the game, we were struggling with the pace of their attacks, which could have been down to the emotional and physical strain of the Super Cup midweek, but we finished well which was pleasing. I watched the previous match between Sheff. Utd. and Palace and this was head and shoulders above the dross that they dished up. Onwards and upwards with Super Frank at the helm.

Sunday morning football was head and shoulders above that game ????

Edited by alfieconn

On 8/23/2019 at 6:12 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Think Batshuyai will get some game time tomorrow;as his 2 goals in midweek shows he knows where the net is. 

After Willians 20 minute <deleted>t show against Leicester i cant see him even making the bench...he can Foxtrot Oscar asap.

Thank God Frank picks the team then! All three goals from the yoof and English yoof at that.

Willian is far from match fit and is just on his way back from injury, give him a break.

Edited by wilai
profanity amended
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

They must have had chimpanzees working on VAR today. Appalling decision making.

Atkinson didn,t help he really is a <deleted> referee....would rather have that woman and her assistants who reffed the Super Cup Final.

• Like 2

Seen most of your games and im really enjoying watching Mason Mount; hope he gets quite a run.

Think i heard correctly  that Tammy has scored the most goals in england  in 2019.

Not been impressed by the CBs though; Zouma looks very unnatural kicking a ball. Having watched Cahill having a cracking debut t'other day im surprised with Luis leaving you didn't hang on to him for one more season - reckon he's going to have a good season at Palace.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:03 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Atkinson didn,t help he really is a <deleted> referee....would rather have that woman and her assistants who reffed the Super Cup Final.

There's gonna be a big rebellion if they do not fix the "clear and obvious" aspect of VAR. The definition seems to be "support the ref's decision" and I'm not even clear whether the ref gets a chance to think about his decision with video replay first. Nuts.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

There's gonna be a big rebellion if they do not fix the "clear and obvious" aspect of VAR. The definition seems to be "support the ref's decision" and I'm not even clear whether the ref gets a chance to think about his decision with video replay first. Nuts.

I agree.

The spot kick goal that Salah scored against The Arsenal should not have stood. The penalty should have been retaken. If VAR is going to be fair and open then the ref has to be informed d when he makes a blunder; as in the case of the penalty.

Edited by owl sees all

15 hours ago, MrTrip said:

VAR’s lack of decision on Dave getting kicked is appalling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky's resident referee Peter Walton, came up with some mealy mouthed explanation. Chris Sutton was incredulous.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seen most of your games and im really enjoying watching Mason Mount; hope he gets quite a run.

Think i heard correctly  that Tammy has scored the most goals in england  in 2019.

Not been impressed by the CBs though; Zouma looks very unnatural kicking a ball. Having watched Cahill having a cracking debut t'other day im surprised with Luis leaving you didn't hang on to him for one more season - reckon he's going to have a good season at Palace.

That game against United was right up Cahill's alley. Palace sitting back, soaking up the pressure, all the play in front of them. The problem comes when Cahill, at this time of his career, is further up the field and gets turned. With Lampard's style of play, that will happen often. A superb defender in his heyday but, I reckon it was the right time for him to move on.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

We've still got our best CB, Rudiger, to come back from injury.

Thanks for your positive comments on Mount and Abraham. Many of us have been longing for more of our youths to be given a chance. What they need most is support when they have the odd, inevitable off day as you are probably aware.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, oldgit said:

Sky's resident referee Peter Walton, came up with some mealy mouthed explanation. Chris Sutton was incredulous.

I haven't seen Walton this season yet but last season he seemed to agree with the ref's decision every time - pointless him being there if he isn't going to be honest but just tow the party line.

Sutton is one of those excruciating pundits to watch. The bane of this season for me is Tim 'I'm way too cocky' Sherwood - he WILL be muted!

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia and Lille. Positives? We don't have to travel too far for the away ties and, from what I've seen, they all play an open, attacking style of football so the games should be fun!. Negatives? None really, except that we are a squad in transition so we can't be TOO gung ho in our approach. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I haven't seen Walton this season yet but last season he seemed to agree with the ref's decision every time - pointless him being there if he isn't going to be honest but just tow the party line.

Sutton is one of those excruciating pundits to watch. The bane of this season for me is Tim 'I'm way too cocky' Sherwood - he WILL be muted!

Any pundits north of the Watford Gap that you find excruciating?

48 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Any pundits north of the Watford Gap that you find excruciating?

It's not a north-south thing, but as you ask here are some of the pundits from north of the Watford Gap that i don't like: Thompson, Carragher, Owen and especially Birtles (always sounds like he's whinging).

Pundits (from anywhere) I have a lot of time for are: Jenas, Souness and especially Red Nev.

How about you: like/dislike?

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's not a north-south thing, but as you ask here are some of the pundits from north of the Watford Gap that i don't like: Thompson, Carragher, Owen and especially Birtles (always sounds like he's whinging).

Pundits (from anywhere) I have a lot of time for are: Jenas, Souness and especially Red Nev.

How about you: like/dislike?

I like any pundit that has an opinion and isn't afraid to voice it, even if it means not towing the party line. I can't stand the communal <deleted> licking that goes on, when they are all together in a sort of 'brains trust', hence why I have no time for Sky's Soccer Saturday with Jeff 'Mother Hen' Stelling clucking around his brood feeding them the obvious. I like

Souness, Sutton, Birtles and Ugo Ehiogu. Maybe I could put up with Carragher if I could understand a word he was talking about. Peter Drury thinks he's the Oscar Wilde of commentating. Andy Gray never tires in telling everybody how good he is.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Top marks for Frank playing Tomori and putting Billy Gilmour on the bench....would not have happened under Sarri Conte or Mou....regardless of transfer ban.

Pulisic will open his account tonight.....i hope.:thumbsup:

It's just so refreshing to see these promising youngsters being given a chance and is long overdue.

Good game to give Tomori his full PL debut at home against a promoted team.

• Like 1

The international break has come at just the right time for team, as most of the players are looking tired and leggy. The pace and acceleration was missing. Azpilicueta had a horror game, getting turned inside out by a couple of journeymen. He's usually not THAT bad, is he carrying an injury or is Frank's demands for intensifying the play, taking it's toll? Pulisic seems to have lost the spark that he showed against Liverpool and Barkley is just pedestrian in midfield. Kovacic was our best midfielder on the day, making runs and covering the grass so, it was no surprise to me that he was legless towards the end and was replaced. Sheff. Utd. are a hard working, limited team so to give up a two goal lead against this mob is disappointing. Now Frank has time to refresh the squad, get Rudiger and Kante playing again, and come back revitalised.

• Like 1