The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I could also post similar about Graham Poll, Howard Webb, Phil Dowd and my all time favorite Mark Clattenburg.....but life's too short and i have got to wash me hair.:1zgarz5:

That won't take long mate! 

On 7/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, keithsimmonds said:

I don,t rate Ake and you obviously do....his stats (just like Kepa,s) bear out that he ordinary at best...better than John Stones?? Don,t know don,t care.

Man City officially signed Nathan Ake for 41 mil.

Clearly Man City have not taken your observations ???? into account.

Providing Ake can cut mustard at Man City,a mere snip for a central defender these days.

That was a very good game,couple of poor decisions and poor passing by a couple of the lads but we had a go. Reece did not look out of place Kante was very very good and so was Emerson imho. Tammy needs to be aware of where he is, a couple of times he could not be passed to cos he was in an offside position,also offside for Cho,s chalked off goal which was a shame as he took it well.

Overall it has been a good season for Frank given the transfer ban and losing Hazard and the vastly experienced D.Luiz. There are loads of pluses for the future, Mount James Gilmour Tomori Abrahams Pulisic all of them made an impact at one time or another.

Players to go loanees to come back...loads to look forward to......utc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looking at some of the reports, especially the BBC, I'm sure they don't watch the game but look at the final score and build their summaries around it. What I saw was a Chelsea team that didn't sit back but tried to go toe to toe with Bayern. OK, we were predictively outclassed in the end but, for 75 minutes, there was a lot to like about the way we set about the task. 2-1 at half time to them which could have been 2-2 if Tammy had shorter legs, I thought it was a decent first half performance. We started the second half well, pushing them back but they weathered that storm and class told in the last 15 minutes, when we became shoddy and mentally knackered.

Individually, plenty of players can be pleased with the way they played. I read that Kante and Kovacic had "off nights" but, bar Kova getting closed down and robbed in our half which led to their goal (your overall game doesn't hinge on one mistake, does it?), I thought they both did well overall, as did Barkley, James, H/Odoi, and Emerson. Zouma was very good in defence, making plenty of last ditch tackles while Christensen had a poor game and Caballero could have done better with the Perisic goal. Tammy needs to get out of his system, this habit of throwing his arms in the air and trotting on that extra two yards into no mans land when things don't go right for him or he doesn't get the ball he wanted. Buckle down, hide your emotions and get on with it.

• Like 1

I see 'Pride of London. com' have been burning the midnight oil and have come up with the solution to our left back problem....Alphonso Davies...citing that he would cost less than Ben Chilwell. Well, he would cost less and is ten times the player but, we would have as much chance of getting him as me sprouting wings. Why would he want to leave a club that has walked all over Barcelona? Interestingly, I read that he was on our radar when playing for Vancouver Whitecaps in 2017 but we didn't go through with it, so Bayern stepped in in 2019. What we should be doing is, stop going for the bleedin' obvious and tell the scouts to do their job and find next sensation in the unlikely places and stop looking at youtube. The MLS wouldn't be a bad place to start would it? And what about the K-League?

• Like 2

Maybe if the front 6/7 could hold on to the ball for longer we would n,t need to splash so much foooking cash on defenders.

Personally i blame both Giroud and Abrahams for our defensive woes....if those 2 feckkers could both stay onside then the likes of Kante Kovacic Jorginho and the rest could then pass to them as a apposed to some hospital pass out of desperation due to those to fekkers standing offside.....just a thought.:sorry:

• Haha 1

Here you go:

Two years since Chelsea signed Kepa. Incredible stats from @LDNFootbalI - He has the worst save percentage in EPL history (to play 10+ games), with 54.5%. - He has conceded 8% of Chelsea’s EPL goals since 1992. - For 14/47 goals conceded in 19/20, he didn’t move (30%).

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Maybe if the front 6/7 could hold on to the ball for longer we would n,t need to splash so much foooking cash on defenders.

Personally i blame both Giroud and Abrahams for our defensive woes....if those 2 feckkers could both stay onside then the likes of Kante Kovacic Jorginho and the rest could then pass to them as a apposed to some hospital pass out of desperation due to those to fekkers standing offside.....just a thought.:sorry:

Giroud can't do those arcing runs anymore because he's lost pace and, with Tammy, it's a combination of lack of confidence, lack of awareness around him and a bit of inexperience. He needs to speak to one of the most intelligent centre forwards we've had on our books, Hernan Crespo, about playing off the centre half's shoulder. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, deej said:

So what?

Get off his back.

Kepa is in the Transit Lounge.

Maaaate, a goalkeeper that didn't move for 30% of goals scored against him is incredible, and the fact that he's the most expensive in the EPL history is even more incredible. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Maaaate, a goalkeeper that didn't move for 30% of goals scored against him is incredible, and the fact that he's the most expensive in the EPL history is even more incredible. 

Having different Keystone Cop,s back four defenders, ( according to selection) as your last line of defence ,certainly did,nt help Kepa one iota.

From reports appears Kepa is departing.

So be it for it,for mine

• Like 2

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Lewis Dunk is on the radar, life long Chelsea fan apparently (that helps) any thoughts....???

Not convinced Keith. He's excelled for Brighton because, most of the time, they're under the cosh and the plays in front of him. Defends well but what's he like bringing the ball out of defence and is he quick enough on the turn? We should be after their goalkeeper instead. He commands the area well and is vocal.

Ethan Ampadu is back after a loan spell at RB Leipzig and says he wants to fight for a place in the first team. Didn't get much playing time due to injury mostly, but apparently was the Man of the Match against Tottenham in the Champions League. It will be interesting where Frank plays him as he can play in defence and midfield. Only 19 and half an inch short of 6 foot so I would play him as a central defender. I like him and think he's got tremendous potential. He has terrific passing ability and isn't afraid to coat a team mate who's out of position. We've also got Tomori who was very good up until his injury. 

54 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Ethan Ampadu is back after a loan spell at RB Leipzig and says he wants to fight for a place in the first team. Didn't get much playing time due to injury mostly, but apparently was the Man of the Match against Tottenham in the Champions League. It will be interesting where Frank plays him as he can play in defence and midfield. Only 19 and half an inch short of 6 foot so I would play him as a central defender. I like him and think he's got tremendous potential. He has terrific passing ability and isn't afraid to coat a team mate who's out of position. We've also got Tomori who was very good up until his injury. 

Yeah i like Ampadu a classy lad on the ball,not afraid of nothing or no-one.....did n,t realize he was a shade under 6 ft though,still no one really looked that big apart from James Solanke and Abrahams when i used to watch them all at Aldershot,s ground,then Cobham.

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I would be good to have Dunk and Stone in the team

I'm amazed why Stones wasn't a regular in the City defence. It must be, he rubbed Guardiola the wrong way or his confidence is shot because, at his best, he's different class to the others. I'd have him at the club.

26 minutes ago, oldgit said:

I'm amazed why Stones wasn't a regular in the City defence. It must be, he rubbed Guardiola the wrong way or his confidence is shot because, at his best, he's different class to the others. I'd have him at the club.

Looks to me that Stones' confidence is shot. He's still only 26, but needs to get it together soon. I think the jury is out about his mental strength, and Guardiola got to the point where he didn't have much trust in him.

47 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Can't stay fit and available.

Another English player hyped by the Media then tortured by the media imo.....yeah lad you go and show us your skills be yourself play out from the back.....but the moment you @@@@ up we will be on ya like a ton of bricks.....no pressure then.!!!!

Edited by keithsimmonds